Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our owner is clueless!

(12-15-2021, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 11:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ask Vic:

Dinkus from Piney Woods, FL
While Shad Khan reflects and avoids being impulsive or acting helter skelter, Jacksonville burns.

The situation is so bad and appears to be so unsupervised and rudderless, yet, tolerated, I'm beginning to think there's some kind of genius strategy or sinister agenda that's beyond my innocent grasp. They can't possibly be that incompetent, right?

Ouch!  

It hurts to read that because it's true.
It hurts because it is stupid to send that kind of signal. Maybe there is a sinisterr agenda, but will the franchise magically turn it around in another city?

It is obvious that he has trusted his processes prior to this disaster. This is something completely different. The culmination of his ownership. You can't blow extra picks and huge cap space.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Since we demand accountability across the board, have we quietly let our players off the hook for their uninspired repugnant play throughout the year?

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 05:16 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(12-15-2021, 08:58 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:35 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Probably the root of the problem

But if you think about it, we hired all different types of coaches since Del Rio was fired and Khan took over. And only Marrone worked, for only one season! The rest were absolute busts.

Maybe the next type of coach is the young, offensive-minded guy

The problem is that expectations have been unrealistic around here for a long time. Marrone was a perfectly acceptable NFL head coach, and if he were here with Cullen as his DC the Jaguars would probably have 2 or 3 more wins this season, starting with taking care of the Texans in week one. He was a few bad calls away from taking a team with Bortles at QB to the Superbowl.

Marrone's problem was he never had a legitimate NFL quarterback. The closest he had was Bortles, who had the mindset to win, but not the throwing ability. If the Jaguars had drafted Mahomes instead of Fournette Marrone would still be the coach right now, and the Jaguars would probably have won a Superbowl.

Khan needs to focus on finding a GM and let him run things, the coach as the GM thing rarely works. That was a really dumb move, especially a guy like Urban who had none of the prerequisites to do it at the NFL level.

The next GM needs to be a right hand man of one of the elite GMs in the league, and Khan needs to get out of his way. Caldwell almost worked, but he couldn't evaluate QB talent. The Jaguars now have a quarterback, so the hard part is done. Now to just get someone that won't keep flushing first rounders on running backs and tweeners.

You need to change your user name, this is dead on correct
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-15-2021, 10:00 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 09:54 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: acctuttly hes being paid extra to make sure jags keep loseing so the nfl can ave team moved to London.

I find it amazing that you have discovered this when none of the people that are paid to cover football have stumbled upon this conspiracy.  I look forward to your first column.

they are being paid extra as well not to say anything cause nfl doesn't want people to know the truth.  all of you will belieave me when team offcialley moves to london,and starts winning suddenly.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-15-2021, 06:56 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 10:00 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I find it amazing that you have discovered this when none of the people that are paid to cover football have stumbled upon this conspiracy.  I look forward to your first column.

they are being paid extra as well not to say anything cause nfl doesn't want people to know the truth.  all of you will belieave me when team offcialley moves to london,and starts winning suddenly.

Good grief.  They must be 'paying off' thousands of people.  So you think these people that cover football wouldn't be the first ones to blow the whistle if this were true?  A reporter holding off on a story that the NFL is illegally 'paying off' the Jaguars?  You really don't know how the world works.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-15-2021, 11:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ask Vic:

Dinkus from Piney Woods, FL
While Shad Khan reflects and avoids being impulsive or acting helter skelter, Jacksonville burns.

The situation is so bad and appears to be so unsupervised and rudderless, yet, tolerated, I'm beginning to think there's some kind of genius strategy or sinister agenda that's beyond my innocent grasp. They can't possibly be that incompetent, right?
That's pretty cheeky. Wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-jags-kic...56745.html

This is getting bad…

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 08:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

How bad can this get? Now former Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo is alleging that Urban Meyer kicked him in the leg when he was warming up in the preseason. In an article on ESPN.com by Mike DiRocco, he reported this.....

Lambo said Meyer told him, "Hey Dips***, make your f****** kicks!" and then kicked him in the leg. Lambo characterized the kick as a five out of 10 and then told the Tampa Bay Times he told Meyer: "Don't you ever f****** kick me again!" Lambo said Meyer told him, "I'm the head ball coach. I'll kick you whenever the f*** I want."

This man has to be stopped!

Just read about Lambo getting kicked. Lambo is a likeable guy and doesn't strike me as a bs artist.

Urban kicking the kicker now? It's one thing after the next
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Holy [BLEEP]. If this is true, then Khan lost a [BLEEP] ton of money I don’t give two [BLEEP] about. Good grief, send this guy packing. After all this criticism true or not, how do you keep this guy around?

(12-15-2021, 08:19 PM)Jags Wrote: Holy [BLEEP].  If this is true, then Khan lost a [BLEEP] ton of money I don’t give two [BLEEP] about.  Good grief, send this guy packing.  After all this criticism true or not, how do you keep this guy around?

"It's Built"
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-15-2021, 08:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:19 PM)Jags Wrote: Holy [BLEEP].  If this is true, then Khan lost a [BLEEP] ton of money I don’t give two [BLEEP] about.  Good grief, send this guy packing.  After all this criticism true or not, how do you keep this guy around?

"It's Built"
I understand you’re being funny.  But if this is built, then the goal was to alienate the fans as well as the team and league.  Mission accomplished.  Surely Khan isn’t that stupid.  I’d bet good money he moves on.  If I’m wrong, then add me to the group of guys that will be disinterested in next season.  Heck, as it was after the draft and free agency, I even took a step back.  The start of the season usually coincides with the near end of my work’s misery.  Even as bad as work has been this summer, I even lost track with the off-season moves and start of the pre-season.

Looks like he proved y'all wrong on this one.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-16-2021, 01:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Looks like he proved y'all wrong on this one.

Not really. It took Meyer kicking a player to force his hand.

(12-16-2021, 01:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Looks like he proved y'all wrong on this one.

Lol, you should give credit where it's due.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-16-2021, 01:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I gotta believe he was going to let him go in the off season, because how could he not have, but Lambo coming out with this just forced the hand to make him do it now. 

Which is great for us, because they're letting teams interview coaches two weeks earlier than usual now.

(12-16-2021, 02:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not really. It took Meyer kicking a player to force his hand.

I gotta believe he was going to let him go in the off season, because how could he not have, but Lambo coming out with this just forced the hand to make him do it now. 

Which is great for us, because they're letting teams interview coaches two weeks earlier than usual now.

I just read that yesterday. That's great news. Hopefully, we can find a good one this time. No more college coaches with no NFL experience. 

(12-16-2021, 02:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 02:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I gotta believe he was going to let him go in the off season, because how could he not have, but Lambo coming out with this just forced the hand to make him do it now. 

I just read that yesterday. That's great news. Hopefully, we can find a good one this time. No more college coaches with no NFL experience. 

Dabo Swinney incoming.

(12-15-2021, 08:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How bad can this get? Now former Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo is alleging that Urban Meyer kicked him in the leg when he was warming up in the preseason. In an article on ESPN.com by Mike DiRocco, he reported this.....

Lambo said Meyer told him, "Hey Dips***, make your f****** kicks!" and then kicked him in the leg. Lambo characterized the kick as a five out of 10 and then told the Tampa Bay Times he told Meyer: "Don't you ever f****** kick me again!" Lambo said Meyer told him, "I'm the head ball coach. I'll kick you whenever the f*** I want."

This man has to be stopped!

NFL = Not For Long

Kicking a player . . . that's a perfect example of what a coach might get away with in college but not in the NFL.
What a stupid thing to do.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]