Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Emerald Trail

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 07:09 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2021, 10:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 06:56 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You are incorrect.  The real estate market works exactly like that and presents such choices every day.  It's quite common in the industry to describe a house as being in the "nicer" part of the development or the "better" end of the street.  The diminishing characteristic can be any number of things, a housing project, commercial properties, a busy street, etc.

View of the ocean=good, view of the landfill=not so good.
Nice golf course bordering your back yard=good, slaughterhouse bordering your back yard=not so good.
Do you understand now?

Let me give you a nicer answer.  Those kind of choices might be presented when a subdivision is initially developed, but in an established subdivision, with established residents who are concerned about their property values, there are rarely ever two interchangeable units on the market at the same time.

This is reminding me of the dark knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, fighting on after both arms and both legs have been cut off.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2021, 07:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 10:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Let me give you a nicer answer.  Those kind of choices might be presented when a subdivision is initially developed, but in an established subdivision, with established residents who are concerned about their property values, there are rarely ever two interchangeable units on the market at the same time.

This is reminding me of the dark knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, fighting on after both arms and both legs have been cut off.

He's almost out of sight.....
[Image: help-me-please-wallpaper-preview.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-19-2021, 07:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 10:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Let me give you a nicer answer.  Those kind of choices might be presented when a subdivision is initially developed, but in an established subdivision, with established residents who are concerned about their property values, there are rarely ever two interchangeable units on the market at the same time.

So is the emerald trail going to be a positive or a negative for the city?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 11:04 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2021, 10:09 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 07:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is reminding me of the dark knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, fighting on after both arms and both legs have been cut off.

So is the emerald trail going to be a positive or a negative for the city?

Negative.

Negative $132 million.  

I'll be interested to see how that money is spent, who gets a piece of it, and who their political connections are.

(12-19-2021, 11:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 10:09 AM)mikesez Wrote: So is the emerald trail going to be a positive or a negative for the city?

Negative.

Negative $132 million.  

I'll be interested to see how that money is spent, who gets a piece of it, and who their political connections are.

So the inner core of Jacksonville should remain dilapidated with little investment?

(12-19-2021, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Negative.

Negative $132 million.  

So the inner core of Jacksonville should remain dilapidated with little investment?

No one said that. You're so far up on your moral high horse that you're unable to hear the conversation clearly. A walking trail through a rundown and crime-ridden part of town is exactly the same as putting a coat of paint on a collapsing house. It's meaningless.

(12-19-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote: So the inner core of Jacksonville should remain dilapidated with little investment?

No one said that. You're so far up on your moral high horse that you're unable to hear the conversation clearly. A walking trail through a rundown and crime-ridden part of town is exactly the same as putting a coat of paint on a collapsing house. It's meaningless.

Oh I hear that clearly.  So should we just allow that neighborhood to remain rundown and crime ridden?

(12-19-2021, 11:33 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No one said that. You're so far up on your moral high horse that you're unable to hear the conversation clearly. A walking trail through a rundown and crime-ridden part of town is exactly the same as putting a coat of paint on a collapsing house. It's meaningless.

Oh I hear that clearly.  So should we just allow that neighborhood to remain rundown and crime ridden?

This is one of the parts you don't understand.  Two questions.

1.  How many neighborhoods do you think the project encompasses?
2.  What are the needs of each neighborhood?

(12-19-2021, 11:53 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: Oh I hear that clearly.  So should we just allow that neighborhood to remain rundown and crime ridden?

This is one of the parts you don't understand.  Two questions.

The map names 15 neighborhoods, and, other than San Marco, each has challenges with being run down and high crime.  Springfield and LaVilla have had some restoration/preservation, and Durkeeville partially got redeveloped 20 years ago with housing projects, but by and large their history and needs are the same.  Other than San Marco it would not be wrong to generically call the other 14 "the Northside".

(12-19-2021, 11:33 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No one said that. You're so far up on your moral high horse that you're unable to hear the conversation clearly. A walking trail through a rundown and crime-ridden part of town is exactly the same as putting a coat of paint on a collapsing house. It's meaningless.

You win, Mike. Grab your paintbrush.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 01:57 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-19-2021, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Negative.

Negative $132 million.  

Springfield used to be a hellhole. You couldn't drive through there without hearing gunshots.

It seems to be doing alright now.

(12-18-2021, 03:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 02:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: You're dodging the question.

All other things being equal, meaning two homes, both equally close to your family, both equally close to the grocery store and your place of work, but one is next to a housing project and the other is in a nicer neighborhood, which one do you pick?

The real estate market never presents anyone with that type of choice. It just doesn't work like that.

You don't know a thing about real estate then. You should just stop writing when it goes beyond your knowledge.

(12-19-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:53 AM)Sneakers Wrote: This is one of the parts you don't understand.  Two questions.

The map names 15 neighborhoods, and, other than San Marco, each has challenges with being run down and high crime.  Springfield and LaVilla have had some restoration/preservation, and Durkeeville partially got redeveloped 20 years ago with housing projects, but by and large their history and needs are the same.  Other than San Marco it would not be wrong to generically call the other 14 "the Northside".

You think Riverside and Brentwood are similar? Laughing

(12-19-2021, 02:11 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: The map names 15 neighborhoods, and, other than San Marco, each has challenges with being run down and high crime.  Springfield and LaVilla have had some restoration/preservation, and Durkeeville partially got redeveloped 20 years ago with housing projects, but by and large their history and needs are the same.  Other than San Marco it would not be wrong to generically call the other 14 "the Northside".

Not even close! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-19-2021, 02:11 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: The map names 15 neighborhoods, and, other than San Marco, each has challenges with being run down and high crime.  Springfield and LaVilla have had some restoration/preservation, and Durkeeville partially got redeveloped 20 years ago with housing projects, but by and large their history and needs are the same.  Other than San Marco it would not be wrong to generically call the other 14 "the Northside".

Oops.  Didn't notice Riverside.  Obviously Riverside is more like San Marco.