Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Baalke to be retained as GM

(12-16-2021, 12:15 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: If he stays we won't be much better and it would prove once again Khan is [BLEEP] dumb.

Maybe someone like Josh McDaniels who screwed up as a HC once and backed out looking to prove he can be a good HC?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2021, 12:08 PM)Ronster Wrote: Not many people with argue with this. But, if you fire a first year head coach and a first year GM , who the hell is going to want to come here that is any good?

Maybe a GM/HC pairing like Wolf and McDaniels from NE. That would actually be my preferred route if possible, not necessarily those two but a strong GM and HC candidate pairing from the same org that already has a good rapport between each other.

What are some other good examples of that?

(12-16-2021, 12:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Baalke is gone too man.

There won't be a single holdover.

This is the way!

(12-16-2021, 04:58 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 12:08 PM)Ronster Wrote: Not many people with argue with this. But, if you fire a first year head coach and a first year GM , who the hell is going to want to come here that is any good?

Maybe a GM/HC pairing like Wolf and McDaniels from NE. That would actually be my preferred route if possible, not necessarily those two but a strong GM and HC candidate pairing from the same org that already has a good rapport between each other.

What are some other good examples of that?

What makes you think Mcdaniels would want to come here?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I say fire everyone. Send a message that all of the sudden losing, wont be tolerated in the first year. Fire the hot dog guy and everyone!

(12-16-2021, 05:16 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I say fire everyone. Send a message that all of the sudden losing, wont be tolerated in the first year. Fire the hot dog guy and everyone!

Losing is ok, a couple dumpster fire like your buddy caused that embarrasses the franchise way beyond just being a bad team is not. If the hot dog guy serves rotten moldy dogs that compare to the [BLEEP] show Urban trotted out there then he damn well better be fired too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 05:38 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

When is it appropriate to can a GM? Is that an end of year thing? I'd like to see them get a head start to at least show viable candidates they are serious. I just know Tony Khans involvement is going to screw this whole search up.

We handicap ourselves because any GM we want needs to be on board with Tony playing basement GM with his Excel spreadsheet.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 08:57 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

#Jaguars GM Trent Baalke will be retained and will be involved with owner Shad Khan in the search for a new HC. Baalke will continue to report to Khan and work in sync with the new head coach, who will also have a direct reporting line to Khan.

Per Ian Rappaport

Shad Khan is a [BLEEP] idiot.

Here you go since StrowdCrowd seems to be linkphobic. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1475...53792?s=20

Shad Khan is truly the dumbest smart man on earth and the walking embodiment of the logical fallacy that expertise in one field tends to extend to expertise in other fields.

The pain of being a Jaguar fan is unending.

(12-27-2021, 09:06 PM)Upper Wrote: Shad Khan is truly the dumbest smart man on earth and the walking embodiment of the logical fallacy that expertise in one field tends to extend to expertise in other fields.

The pain of being a Jaguar fan is unending.

It's time for me to get off this train. The only thing this team has given me is hypertension and heartburn and now that there is absolutely no hope on the horizon, it's pointless to keep watching the same ****show over and over and over.

I’m at a loss for words. This is just [BLEEP] up.

All hope is lost. Trevor Lawrence's agent needs to start working a deal soon to get him out of here.

(12-27-2021, 08:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: #Jaguars GM Trent Baalke will be retained and will be involved with owner Shad Khan in the search for a new HC. Baalke will continue to report to Khan and work in sync with the new head coach, who will also have a direct reporting line to Khan.

Per Ian Rappaport

Shad Khan is a [BLEEP] idiot.

If true, are you really surprised?  This team has stunk since Khan took over.  We haven't just been bad but historically bad. 

Bad teams make bad decisions ran by bad ownership.  Khan is a bad owner.

I really believe Khan has a good heart and wants the Jags to succeed.  With that said, he should not be running a football team.  Our record every year outside of the fluke of 2017 proves that.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

How the [BLEEP] did this guy go from washing dishes to becoming a billionaire? He can’t seem to do a damned thing right here.

I do not understand why? It wasn't like Baalke put together a good roster or anything.

Another #becausejaguars move.

Way to go dummy.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 09:20 PM by Jags.)

Sure, let’s keep this toolbar and severely limit what we can have at HC. Way to [BLEEP] go dip Shad

(12-27-2021, 09:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Way to go dummy.

Don’t beat yourself up.  I’ve made similar posts.  I guess we’re not as smart(dumb) as Khan.

Prisco and Boselli make some good points here related to this around the 70 min mark.

https://youtu.be/cB3OvVpjtPM

Maybe this again?..
https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/14...1948635150