Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Baalke to be retained as GM

(12-27-2021, 10:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote: #becausejaguars

That is all I can say, beyond disappointed in Khan

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

What does "#becausejaguars" mean?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-27-2021, 10:09 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote: #becausejaguars

That is all I can say, beyond disappointed in Khan

What does "#becausejaguars" mean?
Hashtag for everything stupid, wrong decision, and bad luck that happens to the Jags because everything the Jags try always ends in failure

Shad Khan't

We lose again.

Hopefully this report is inaccurate, or maybe it's a run it up the flagpole and see the reaction kinda deal.

(12-27-2021, 10:32 PM)prime winner Wrote: Hopefully this report is inaccurate, or maybe it's a run it up the flagpole and see the reaction kinda deal.
I’ve kinda been thinking the latter.

Once the Urban stuff dropped, Twitter went nuts that he wasn’t fired yet. Couple days later, he got the boot.

Now Twitter is going off about Baalke. There isn’t a single person saying “this is a good move”. Not one.

(12-27-2021, 09:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I even lived anywhere close to the state of Florida, I'd try to rally as many fans as I could to stage a protest outside the stadium calling for Baalke to be fired. It probably wouldn't work, but it would send a message.

Good for Chris Long… I hope every media source in the country pours it on the Khan family. Then I would agree with O-Line.. the only other entity that can demand change is duval county and any jag fan that really wants to voice themselves .. maybe organize stuff on social media .. whether it’s protests or just boycotting anything Jaguar related until that man is fired … the fact that anyone associated with the last regime (much less the last one and Dave Caldwells regime) would be retained should cause significant backlash.

(12-27-2021, 10:40 PM)TTechJag85 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 09:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I even lived anywhere close to the state of Florida, I'd try to rally as many fans as I could to stage a protest outside the stadium calling for Baalke to be fired. It probably wouldn't work, but it would send a message.

Good for Chris Long… I hope every media source in the country pours it on the Khan family. Then I would agree with O-Line.. the only other entity that can demand change is duval county and any jag fan that really wants to voice themselves .. maybe organize stuff on social media .. whether it’s protests or just boycotting anything Jaguar related until that man is fired … the fact that anyone associated with the last regime (much less the last one and Dave Caldwells regime) would be retained should cause significant backlash.

Sorry but no one has time to protest and cry out to billionaires to make obvious choices.

If he cant do it himself than screw Khan and this team

I guess it could be worse. We could be stuck with Urban Meyer for another year. But yeah. The 2021 draft and free agency were disasters for this team. Anyone involved in either would be fired in a just world.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Im not a fan of Baalke but was our draft really a disaster? Secured TLaw. ETN may have not been a fan fave pick but he was hurt. With Jrob going down and Trevor's 'weapons' not on the same page as him often during this year, this pick could prove valuable. Time will tell. Campbell has started to play very well. I still think Little can be a starter for us. Cisco looks explosive.

I guess we will see.

(12-27-2021, 10:56 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Im not a fan of Baalke but was our draft really a disaster?  Secured TLaw.  ETN may have not been a fan fave pick but he was hurt.  With Jrob going down and Trevor's 'weapons' not on the same page as him often during this year, this pick could prove valuable.  Time will tell.  Campbell has started to play very well.  I still think Little can be a starter for us.  Cisco looks explosive.

I guess we will see.

Secured TLaw with the #1 pick?

(12-27-2021, 10:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:56 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Im not a fan of Baalke but was our draft really a disaster?  Secured TLaw.  ETN may have not been a fan fave pick but he was hurt.  With Jrob going down and Trevor's 'weapons' not on the same page as him often during this year, this pick could prove valuable.  Time will tell.  Campbell has started to play very well.  I still think Little can be a starter for us.  Cisco looks explosive.

I guess we will see.

Secured TLaw with the #1 pick?

Yeah.  We drafted him.  He counts.

(12-27-2021, 11:02 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Secured TLaw with the #1 pick?

The praise for our past 2 GMs has been not missing on top 5 picks. That is a low bar and telling of where we are.

Maybe he can trade Trevor for Jimmy G now that he has torn ligaments he is a perfect fit.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I agree, Balkee needs to go before we ruin this next draft. As weird as it sounds i'd like someone from Clevelands front office.

(12-27-2021, 11:02 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 10:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Secured TLaw with the #1 pick?

This guy haha. You really deserve this team.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Baalke is hated by every coach he's ever worked with (probably including Meyer). Not a good sign tbh. Like if it were JUST Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh and Urban Meyer, I'd say "Maybe it's on the coach" But throw Jim Tomsula in there too... and well where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

I said that Im not a fan of Baalke. But I dont think our past draft was a 'disaster'.

(12-27-2021, 11:21 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Baalke is hated by every coach he's ever worked with (probably including Meyer). Not a good sign tbh. Like if it were JUST Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh and Urban Meyer, I'd say "Maybe it's on the coach" But throw Jim Tomsula in there too... and well where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Its such a Jaguar move. Bad teams made bad decisions.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Why can't Shad get anything right? He half-[BLEEP] these decisions that set the franchise back.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold