Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching was not the issue, but coaching is always blamed

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 05:01 PM by old_man. Edited 1 time in total.)

Shad Khan is the issue.

He is not a very good owner and is way in over his head.

Now it is even worse....let the inmates run the asylum.

He is too woke.  Shad should spend more time learning about the game of football and how to run a NFL Organization.

I said I wouldn't watch another Jag game until there is an ownership change.  I lied there was a national televised game I watched.

First it was Coaches, then it was Bring in TC...the best move he made.  Shad screwed that move up by firing TC and letting Dumb and Dumber have another crack at it.

And to boot he had his son get more involved, How did that turnout?

The Jacksonville Jaguars will be a dumpster fire until they have a new owner.

There is only one constant in this era of losing.....they can blame coaches or players either way it is Ownership.

Interesting one of Coughlin's last quotes was something to the effect of "Everyone needs to be rowing in the same direction, even ownership"

Also, interesting that Fournette is playing lights out....I guess TC was right on that pick...

Shad Khan sucks.  Period end of Story.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just remember that if Shad Khan sells the team then the team most likely leaves Jacksonville. Is that what you want?

(12-17-2021, 05:00 PM)old_man Wrote: Shad Khan is the issue.

He is too woke.  Shad should spend more time learning about the game of football and how to run a NFL Organization.

I said I wouldn't watch another Jag game until there is an ownership change.  I lied there was a national televised game I watched.

First it was Coaches, then it was Bring in TC...the best move he made.  Shad screwed that move up by firing TC and letting Dumb and Dumber have another crack at it.

There is only one constant in this era of losing.....they can blame coaches or players either way it is Ownership.

Interesting one of Coughlin's last quotes was something to the effect of "Everyone needs to be rowing in the same direction, even ownership"

Also, interesting that Fournette is playing lights out....I guess TC was right on that pick...

So funny.

I could be a 1,000 yard running back when everyone ONLY cares about Tom Brady. Plus, Arians and Leftwich are legit world-beater coaches. So yes, coaching is the issue.

(12-17-2021, 05:02 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Just remember that if Shad Khan sells the team then the team most likely leaves Jacksonville. Is that what you want?

Old song and dance.......

(12-17-2021, 05:04 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:02 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Just remember that if Shad Khan sells the team then the team most likely leaves Jacksonville. Is that what you want?

Old song and dance.......

It doesn't make it any less true.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 05:07 PM by old_man.)

(12-17-2021, 05:04 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:00 PM)old_man Wrote: Shad Khan is the issue.

So funny.

I could be a 1,000 yard running back when everyone ONLY cares about Tom Brady. Plus, Arians and Leftwich are legit world-beater coaches. So yes, coaching is the issue.

Ha.   You are right Shad Khan is a rock star.   Nice Junior!

(12-17-2021, 05:05 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:04 PM)old_man Wrote: Old song and dance.......

It doesn't make it any less true.

Negative.   That has been talked about for ages.....and to boot there are no guarantees that he will keep it here.

The point is weak.  He or any owner could decide to keep it in Jville or move it.

Fournette is playing lights out? He just doing alright. I don’t see top 5 pick production.

Tom Coughlin was abusive and had to go. Urban Meyer was abusive and had to go. The NFL fined the Jags for things Meyer allowed to happen and I think they were looking at TC pretty hard for some things he did. I don't care what they used to do back in the day. Players don't need to be coddled for sure, but they do need to be treated like adults and neither TC nor UM were doing so. They both, along with Khan, made the organization look like complete fools.

Khan definitely needs to either learn how to properly run a football team or plan to continue to have craptastic seasons and see STH fall off the grid.

(12-17-2021, 05:08 PM)Russian Wrote: Fournette is playing lights out? He just doing alright. I don’t see top 5 pick production.

Your right he had no impact in last years Playoff and Superbowl run....my bad.

I guess they call him Playoff Lenny just to tease him....you watch football much?

(12-17-2021, 05:11 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:08 PM)Russian Wrote: Fournette is playing lights out? He just doing alright. I don’t see top 5 pick production.

I guess they call him Playoff Lenny just to tease him....you watch football much?

The guy isn't a good runner. He's just not. He had Trent Richardson-like vision.

He admits he’s watched only 1 Nationally televised game.  Going to go on a limb and say he doesn’t really care.

(12-17-2021, 05:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Tom Coughlin was abusive and had to go. Urban Meyer was abusive and had to go. The NFL fined the Jags for things Meyer allowed to happen and I think they were looking at TC pretty hard for some things he did. I don't care what they used to do back in the day. Players don't need to be coddled for sure, but they do need to be treated like adults and neither TC nor UM were doing so. They both, along with Khan, made the organization look like complete fools.

Khan definitely needs to either learn how to properly run a football team or plan to continue to have craptastic seasons and see STH fall off the grid.

Belichick and Couglin are cut from the same cloth....

I think the Patriots are in decent position...dont know...

Abusive is a relative term....

I know they were fined for too tough of practices...I wonder why there are so many injuries across the league this year....I wonder if conditioning was impacted...my guess is yes.

Meh,  woke culture attacked Coughlin....IMO

There is zero reason for an owner to want to keep the team in Jacksonville.

You can [BLEEP] and moan about Khan all you want, but you should probably enjoy the last few years you have on this earth before age takes you away.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 05:20 PM by old_man.)

(12-17-2021, 05:14 PM)Jags Wrote:

He admits he’s watched only 1 Nationally televised game.  Going to go on a limb and say he doesn’t really care.

Correct on watching one game this year.

As I said before I will not commit to the Jags until there is new ownership.

Shad will never get it right....He is the new Daniel Snyder...

(12-17-2021, 05:17 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: There is zero reason for an owner to want to keep the team in Jacksonville.

You can [BLEEP] and moan about Khan all you want, but you should probably enjoy the last few years you have on this earth before age takes you away.

only in my forties....dont really get your point.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 05:37 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-17-2021, 05:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:11 PM)old_man Wrote: Your right he had no impact in last years Playoff and Superbowl run....my bad.

The guy isn't a good runner. He's just not. He had Trent Richardson-like vision.

Fornette is 11th in rushing so far this season. And he shares that load with Ronald Jones. We, on the other hand, had 8 yards rushing last game. Fornette is having an above average year, and he could be helping us this year.
And the Bucs coaching staff seem to have coached that 'Trent Richardson-like vision' out of him over the last season and a half. Assuming you have watched any of the Bucs games this year, this is obvious.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 06:01 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-17-2021, 05:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

(12-17-2021, 05:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The guy isn't a good runner. He's just not. He had Trent Richardson-like vision.

Fornette is 11th in rushing so far this season.  And he shares that load with Ronald Jones.  We, on the other hand, had 8 yards rushing last game.  Fornette is having an above average year, and he could be helping us this year.
And the Bucs coaching staff seem to have coached that 'Trent Richardson-like vision' out of him over the last season and a half.  Assuming you have watched any of the Bucs games this year, this is obvious.

He has Tom Brady and Bruce Arians and Byron Leftwich.

He still sucks. James Robinson is much better. Just wait until we get a competent coaching staff.

(12-17-2021, 06:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Fornette is 11th in rushing so far this season.  And he shares that load with Ronald Jones.  We, on the other hand, had 8 yards rushing last game.  Fornette is having an above average year, and he could be helping us this year.
And the Bucs coaching staff seem to have coached that 'Trent Richardson-like vision' out of him over the last season and a half.  Assuming you have watched any of the Bucs games this year, this is obvious.

He has Tom Brady and Bruce Arians and Byron Leftwich.

He still sucks. James Robinson is much better. Just wait until we get a competent coaching staff.

I agree with you regarding Brady and the coaching. I'm not sure Robinson is 'much better', unless you are taking where they are drafted into account, which shouldn't matter regarding results anyway. Good is good, regardless of where drafted or not drafted. And blaming it on the coaching kind of goes against the original intent of this post, but i think that was a sidetrack.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-17-2021, 05:11 PM)old_man Wrote:

Watch more than you looks like

(12-17-2021, 05:19 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:14 PM)Jags Wrote: He admits he’s watched only 1 Nationally televised game.  Going to go on a limb and say he doesn’t really care.

Correct on watching one game this year.

(12-17-2021, 05:17 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: There is zero reason for an owner to want to keep the team in Jacksonville.

If you’re only in your forties, perhaps a new username is in order.   Than and maybe not refer to people as “junior”.  I think the vast majority on here are roughly “in their forties” or even older.  And again, if you’ve only watched one game, why even post a thread about it?  I do not doubt that you used to be a fan.  But, you’re not coming across a a current fan.  I’m not the one to question “fanhood”, but something seems out of place here.  That is, if all info provided is true.  You seem a bit sus old timer

(12-17-2021, 06:28 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:19 PM)old_man Wrote: Correct on watching one game this year.

If you’re only in your forties, perhaps a new username is in order.   Than and maybe not refer to people as “junior”.  I think the vast majority on here are roughly “in their forties” or even older.  And again, if you’ve only watched one game, why even post a thread about it?  I do not doubt that you used to be a fan.  But, you’re not coming across a a current fan.  I’m not the one to question “fanhood”, but something seems out of place here.  That is, if all info provided is true.  You seem a bit sus old timer

I have several adjectives to suggest that could accurately replace "old"