Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags won't beat the Chargers here's why...

Cause Phillip Rivers always looks like Joe Montana against us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ha

Quote:Cause Phillip Rivers always looks like Joe Montana against us.

This secondary is obviously improved.  It will make a difference this time around.  

You're insight and logic will surely sway a lot of opinions.

That was then, this is now....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Rivers and Woodhead is usually a serious problem for us. If they keep these guys in check, they'll win the game and show me that they've really turned a corner defensively.
Shock the world

If Melvin Gordon or Antonio Gates gets 1 on 1 with Telvin it could be a long game.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

WRONG!!!

The correct answer is, and always will be:  #becausejaguars

Simple, elegant, profound.

Quote:WRONG!!!

The correct answer is, and always will be:  #becausejaguars

Com'on AM...You got to believe!

Well....it is west coast and it IS rivers....but he's another year older, maybe a tick slower....and the Jags have gotten much better in the right places. rivers....meet Telvin and company.  Ninja  :pirate:  Ninja

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Gates and Woodhead will give us issues on Sunday.

SD Oline is pretty good.

We'll have a hard time getting to Rivers.

We're takin it to SD. Gonna be a dog fight and Rivers is gonna get bit in the throat
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Com'on AM...You got to believe!

Well....it is west coast and it IS rivers....but he's another year older, maybe a tick slower....and the Jags have gotten much better in the right places. rivers....meet Telvin and company.  Ninja  :pirate:  Ninja
"and the Jags have gotten much better in the right places"...

Have we? We've drafted some players who've looked extraordinarily good on paper; but we've not seen them do much of anything in the first regular season game. Fowler registered '0' sacks; in fact, did we sack Rodgers at all in that game? We certainly didn't disrupt Rodgers enough to effect the outcome.

..."You gotta believe"...

I look at the history of this team over the last seven years and I find little basis for belief. I'm not an advocate of 'blind faith'. Our history against the chargers has not been very good, at home and especially on the road. If I had to pick the winner of this game as if my life depended on it I regret to say that I'd have to pick the chargers for the W as Phillip Rivers is another elite quarterback like Rodgers and he typically has his way with this team. Our only chance is if we can get pressure on him. Based on what I observed in the packers game, I don't see us getting much pressure and giving Rivers too much time; result, game over and we're 0-2. The greatest secondary in the world can't cover if the quarterback has too much time.

I hope we win this game, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The chargers certainly aren't the packers, but they are nevertheless a formidable team with an elite quarterback... which has more often than not been our undoing.

I don't know what his role is for Sunday but Jack was built for this kind of game. He can easily take Woodhead or Gates out of the game with his coverage ability.

I still have nightmares about the Vick-like Rivers mad scrambling for a key third down last year against the Jaguars. Very fleet of foot....
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:WRONG!!!

The correct answer is, and always will be: #becausejaguars

The good news is that sometime around the bye week we'll have narrowed that down from the organizational level to the one specific problem the team has left.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ya'll need to quit bein scared and have some damn confidence
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Jalen's first pick 6 coming this Sunday.

Huh

if we play as well as well as we did Sunday, and can get more pressure on Rivers than we did Rodgers (much easier to pressure), we can win this game.

Rivers is key to their chances of victory. However he is no Rodgers, who is likely a MVP candidate. I agree if we get more pressure we'll do better.