Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags won't beat the Chargers here's why...

Quote:Gates and Woodhead will give us issues on Sunday.

I agree. Gates is a match up nightmare for our LBs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That was then, this is now....

And now we are playing on the West Coast.

Quote:The good news is that sometime around the bye week we'll have narrowed that down from the organizational level to the one specific problem the team has left.

The one specific problem we have left is not what you think it is.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 12:54 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Cause Phillip Rivers always looks like Joe Montana against us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpj73xhGvmM

I'm really not worried about Gates. I'm worried about Woodhead and Rivers. Woodhead because we always have trouble with a guy like him and Rivers cause he's so smart with the football.
Shock the world

I hope Ramsey and Cyprien light up Woodhead in the backfield a few times. 

That guy is an absolute pest to zone coverage. 

Welp

Derp

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We have to do better against him than in prior games. Here's his qb ratings from prior match-ups...

• 2007, week 11, @Jax - 67.6  <--Jaguars win 24-17 ... Rivers was only in his 2nd season as a starter

• 2010, week 2, @SD - 119.0 <-- Chargers win 38-13

• 2011, week 13, @Jax - 146.1 <-- Chargers win 38-14

• 2013, week 7, @Jax - 125.2 <--Chargers win 24-6

• 2014, week 4, @SD - 130.0 <--Chargers win 33-14

• 2015, week 12, @Jax - 118.4 <--Chargers win 31-25

'02

Quote:I'm really not worried about Gates. I'm worried about Woodhead and Rivers. Woodhead because we always have trouble with a guy like him and Rivers cause he's so smart with the football.

I still have nightmares of Dion Lewis from last year.

Quote:I'm really not worried about Gates. I'm worried about Woodhead and Rivers. Woodhead because we always have trouble with a guy like him and Rivers cause he's so smart with the football.

How can you not be worried about Gates? He is San Diego's best pass catcher not named Keenan Allen.

Quote:How can you not be worried about Gates? He is San Diego's best pass catcher not named Keenan Allen.

How? I think we have the athletes to compete against him. He may get his, but I don't think he torches us.

Everyone though Jared Cook was going to kill us, including myself. He had a grand total of 1 catch. I think we can handle Gates just fine. It's all about getting to Rivers.
Shock the world

Quote:I still have nightmares of Dion Lewis from last year.

Yep. Dion killed us, but Blount was the one with 3 TDs also.. Awful game.
Shock the world

Quote:How? I think we have the athletes to compete against him. He may get his, but I don't think he torches us.

Everyone though Jared Cook was going to kill us, including myself. He had a grand total of 1 catch. I think we can handle Gates just fine. It's all about getting to Rivers.

I was more worried about Nelson and Cobb.

My mom told me the Jags would win.

Quote:My mom told me the Jags would win.

But what did your dad tell you?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:My mom told me the Jags would win.

She must not know much about the Jaguars/Chargers game last year.

Quote:But what did your dad tell you?
I have a dad?

Quote:I have a dad?

I know I don't have one.

Quote:Cause Phillip Rivers always looks like Joe Montana against us.

WELP.

Shut up.

Quote: 

We have to do better against him than in prior games. Here's his qb ratings from prior match-ups...

• 2007, week 11, @Jax - 67.6  <--Jaguars win 24-17 ... Rivers was only in his 2nd season as a starter

• 2010, week 2, @SD - 119.0 <-- Chargers win 38-13

• 2011, week 13, @Jax - 146.1 <-- Chargers win 38-14

• 2013, week 7, @Jax - 125.2 <--Chargers win 24-6

• 2014, week 4, @SD - 130.0 <--Chargers win 33-14

• 2015, week 12, @Jax - 118.4 <--Chargers win 31-25

This stuff STOPS....NOW!  :thumbsup:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:This stuff STOPS....NOW!

We can only hope it does before Philip Rivers retires. Until that happens, a win against the Chargers should not be expected.