Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Color Rush

Quote:I understand that the NFL is trying to make more revenue from ' Color Rush' jersey sales.

But from the standpoint of people like us that are more hard core NFL fans than the typical fan, is anyone here in favor of ' Color Rush' jerseys being wore in games compared to teams regular jerseys or a non ' Color Rush' alternative jersey? I'm totally against it.

Color rush idea was cool but implemented badly.

I'd like TNF to go to all throwback unis all season. Jags 95 vs 90s Oilers, 80s bills vs 80s jets etc etc

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Color rush idea was cool but implemented badly.

I'd like TNF to go to all throwback unis all season. Jags 95 vs 90s Oilers, 80s bills vs 80s jets etc etc
I'm also dieing for the day Jags do a throwback game... Our all black 90s Jersey was the [BLEEP].

Also a color rush thread in Nfl at large

I was shocked the NFL is doing it for a Bills/Jets game again. After that game, the first with Color Rush uniforms, many colorblind people who watched it complained they could not tell who was who. How on Earth could the NFL not learn that matchup must feature a white team?

Quote:I was shocked the NFL is doing it for a Bills/Jets game again. After that game, the first with Color Rush uniforms, many colorblind people who watched it complained they could not tell who was who. How on Earth could the NFL not learn that matchup must feature a white team?

Clearly the NFL could care less about the color blind Corky
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

NFL...Money making marketing machine. Even ugly sells.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I was shocked the NFL is doing it for a Bills/Jets game again. After that game, the first with Color Rush uniforms, many colorblind people who watched it complained they could not tell who was who. How on Earth could the NFL not learn that matchup must feature a white team?
The league on Tuesday released images of this year's uniforms for all 32 teams. This time, thankfully, the league was conscious of colorblind people unlike last year's Bills-Jets fiasco. The NFL said some teams — the Jets (vs. Bills), Browns (vs. Ravens) and Rams (vs. Seahawks) — will wear white so the color matchups don't cause such eyesight issues, according to ESPN, and Nike reportedly brought in doctors to review the color combos.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl...lmzbxvvhjq

from the article that I'm pretty sure you already read and discussed in another thread....

:whistling:

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 04:10 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I understand that the NFL is trying to make more revenue from ' Color Rush' jersey sales.  

But from the standpoint of people like us that are more hard core NFL fans than the typical fan, is anyone here in favor of  'Color Rush' jerseys being wore in games compared to teams regular jerseys or a non 'Color Rush' alternative jersey? I'm totally against it.  

I am 100% against Nike making alternate jerseys players will wear only once. Some teams already have alternate jerseys, including the Jaguars, Broncos, 49ers, Browns, Bengals, Panthers, and Ravens. Maybe if teams used their regular alternate jerseys it would not be so bad, but designing new ones for one game is ridiculous. Whoever pays for them is wasting its money. Nike is wasting its time. I don't think it will ever "catch on" with fans.

Quote:Well personally i plan on getting a gold AR-15 Jersey... lol. The uniform looks a bit tackey, but the Jersey looks pretty fresh paired with some jeans, not gonna lie.

That sounds great.   From the standpoint of fan apparel,  I'm comfortable with the ' Color Rush'  jerseys.

My main issue now that the Color Rush jerseys won't be worn in this year's Lions annual Thanksgiving Day game is the numbers are very hard to read with many of the jerseys,    The final Rams game in St. Louis when they hosted the Bucs is exhibit A of this.

To the Jaguars credit,  all of their regular and alternate jerseys they have had over the years have been with easily readable numbers.  

Quote:Color rush idea was cool but implemented badly.

I'm a big fan of all of the throwback jerseys that the numbers are easily readable.   The examples of teams/ years you provided would be more than welcome on this end. 

On the other hand,   two examples of throwback jerseys I wish would never appear in a game again are the Steelers bumble bee uniforms and Bears throwbacks that they usually wear in home games against the Packers.   It feels like a choir trying to identify numbers.  

Quote:I am 100% against Nike making alternate jerseys players will wear only once. Some teams already have alternate jerseys, including the Jaguars, Broncos, 49ers, Browns, Bengals, Panthers,  Ravens, and Redskins. Whoever pays for them (I don't care who does) is wasting its money. And why should Nike waste time making jerseys that will never be popular with the fans? It is not good business for anybody. I don't think it will ever "catch on" and gain popularity.

One thing for sure though,   if these alternates don't catch on,  it won't be because of a lack of marketing effort by Nike and the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 04:15 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I'm a big fan of all of the throwback jerseys that the numbers are easily readable.   The examples of teams/ years you provided would be more than welcome on this end. 

On the other hand,   two examples of throwback jerseys I wish would never appear in a game again are the Steelers bumble bee uniforms and Bears throwbacks that they usually wear in home games against the Packers.   It feels like a choir trying to identify numbers.  

Green Bay's blue and yellow throwbacks are ugly. The numbers are easily readable, but I never want to see them again. I totally agree on Pittsburgh's throwbacks. Who wants to see players dressed as bees?

Quote:Clearly the NFL could care less about the color blind Corky

Who is Corky?

Quote:The league on Tuesday released images of this year's uniforms for all 32 teams. This time, thankfully, the league was conscious of colorblind people unlike last year's Bills-Jets fiasco. The NFL said some teams — the Jets (vs. Bills), Browns (vs. Ravens) and Rams (vs. Seahawks) — will wear white so the color matchups don't cause such eyesight issues, according to ESPN, and Nike reportedly brought in doctors to review the color combos.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl...lmzbxvvhjq

from the article that I'm pretty sure you already read and discussed in another thread..

All I knew when I posted that was what happened last year.

Quote:Green Bay's blue and yellow throwbacks are ugly. The numbers are easily readable, but I never want to see them again. I totally agree on Pittsburgh's throwbacks. Who wants to see players dressed as bees?

Agreed.   Those Packers throwback uniforms are hideous.   On top of that,  it's like the franchise has a total different identity to their Green and Gold. 

The Jaguars Color Rush may not look good with the gold on gold, but the gold jersey on its own is actually pretty nice looking.  It's just too much of one color when you are looking at it during the game.

Quote: Agreed.   Those Packers throwback uniforms are hideous.   On top of that,  it's like the franchise has a total different identity to their Green and Gold. 

And the famous G logo is missing. Ugh.

OTOH I wish the Jaguars would wear their throwback uniforms. They were my all-time favorite.

Quote:The Jaguars Color Rush may not look good with the gold on gold, but the gold jersey on its own is actually pretty nice looking.  It's just too much of one color when you are looking at it during the game.

Black on black looks awesome though.

Quote:All I knew when I posted that was what happened last year.
So when you posted in the other thread an hour or so before, you never read the article the thread was about?

Yet... want to complain about what the NFL is or isn't doing... or has or hasn't done.

hahaha. 

Quote:Black on black looks awesome though.

If I recall correctly,  in 2003,  the Jaguars wore black on black in a prime time win over the Bucs.   Those uniforms reminded me of the Oklahoma Outlaws uniforms in the USFL.   Classics!