Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My thoughts from today.

So maybe an overly optimistic Brit here, but gonna post my thoughts from today’s game.

Overall I feel this was by far a better team to watch, yes I know the result against a poor team but I wasn’t glaringly banging my head against the wall.

Special Team - That kick return was a killer an absolute killer we had just got points back and conceding that put us right back on the back foot.

Defence - Odd for a D that conceded 23 points - but didn’t look too bad and looked a bit more organised, pressure was concerning today, or the lack there of rather, but from a coverage point looked better, I think Texans did a great job at lining Cooks up all over the place confusing us. Cisco looked like a player I want to see more of.

Offence - I think a far far better game for Trevor, yes he had that one high ball to treadwell, and the sack he should have released, but he just looked better IMO. But again DROPS DROPS you could either see TL rolling his eyes at the end.

Play calling offense - did not like this one bit the second half, seemed conservative in a time we needed to push on, Robinson looked good, but I think we ran him a bit to much and even with how we going, I think by the end of quarter 3/ early quarter 4 we had maybe set up for a PA deep ball on first which never came.

Overall, the team seemed better organised IMO and there were positives to take away.

Horrible result admittedly and ultimately came down to 4/5 stupid mistakes (special teams penalty, return kick off, and some bad plays when we didn’t need them)

Admittedly brief synopsis but here we are.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Only positive from today was the Lions winning and currently giving us the #1 overall pick.

Random question: would we trade the #1 pick to the eagles for pick 10, 14, and 23?

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

(12-19-2021, 05:22 PM)High Octane Wrote: Only positive from today was the Lions winning and currently giving us the #1 overall pick.

Random question: would we trade the #1 pick to the eagles for pick 10, 14, and 23?

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

Who would they be trading for?

(12-19-2021, 05:22 PM)High Octane Wrote: Only positive from today was the Lions winning and currently giving us the #1 overall pick.

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

Campbell  was a positive  as well.  He was the pick I hated the most, but now the pick I like the most, along with Trev of course

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

Yes to all 3

Thoughts are we need one of the top WRs in FA. Either resign Chark or another decent FA WR. Lawrence has made plenty of mistakes but when he does make a play someone’s actually gotta catch it.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 05:27 PM by High Octane. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2021, 05:23 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

Who would they be trading for?

Maybe theres a QB who comes along during the process who a team like the Giants or Eagles would want. Or maybe they really want one of the edge rushers.

Thats kind of what im getting at. It seems like the top 2 players are clearly Hutch & Thibs. We could definitely use one of them. But would we be better off trading back and getting a pair like Hamilton + Ekwonu?

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 05:29 PM by Dockerill91.)

(12-19-2021, 05:26 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 05:23 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Who would they be trading for?

Maybe theres a QB who comes along during the process who a team like the Giants or Eagles would want. Or maybe they really want one of the edge rushers.

Thats kind of what im getting at. It seems like the top 2 players are clearly Hutch & Thibs. We could definitely use one of them. But would we be better off trading back and getting a pair like Hamilton + Ekwonu?

I agree with all trades. Just don’t see them happening unfortunately.

(12-19-2021, 05:25 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Thoughts are we need one of the top WRs in FA. Either resign Chark or another decent FA WR. Lawrence has made plenty of mistakes but when he does make a play someone’s actually gotta catch it.

Chark has to be resigned and go after a draft WR and a FA WR let’s just load it up!

How anyone can take this game as a positive is beyond me. The texans were out so many players. Lawrence showed next to nothing. The defense didn’t do much apart from the pick. Special teams cost us the game. How the offense is so bad is really beyond me.

(12-19-2021, 05:29 PM)Holger Wrote: How anyone can take this game as a positive is beyond me. The texans were out so many players. Lawrence showed next to nothing. The defense didn’t do much apart from the pick. Special teams cost us the game. How the offense is so bad is really beyond me.

The Texans had at least a half dozen defensive starters out and even before that they were near the bottom of the league. 

I think we started quite well but then something must have happened because everything just slowed down.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 05:41 PM by DTWD4∞.)

Correct me if I am wrong but am I right to say Little did not give up a sack?. Pressures yes a couple but not a sack? Looked decent on a number of plays

(12-19-2021, 05:34 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 05:29 PM)Holger Wrote: How anyone can take this game as a positive is beyond me. The texans were out so many players. Lawrence showed next to nothing. The defense didn’t do much apart from the pick. Special teams cost us the game. How the offense is so bad is really beyond me.

The Texans had at least a half dozen defensive starters out and even before that they were near the bottom of the league. 

I think we started quite well but then something must have happened because everything just slowed down.

Seemed to me that the offense started struggling once Robinson got dinged up. He was averaging 5 yards a carry until that point
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Yeah, you're probably right. That just shows that good running backs are needed. I hope Etienne will come back just as good as he was last year(I know he's untested at the NFL level). We need more than one.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 06:11 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

If you loose in the trenches you lose. 

Aside from the special teams stepping on their own foot. It was a more organized loss. We did move the ball, but couldn't score. You will not win in this league kicking field goals like we did today.

Someone mentioned there were very few intermediate routes. I don't blame Trevor for not liking them. Those are the routes where the pass bounces off the receivers hands and gets picked. 

Our OC is from Detroit? well seems we have a Detroit level offense. If you look back at his record his offenses have been middle of the pack or lower. He did have a few good years with Seattle. But then wasn't it him that called the 1 yard pass in the Superbowl that was picked off by the Patriots?

Defense played well enough for us to win once again. They were getting gassed however when I switched to Bassmasters at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Being a Jags fan I felt I had to root for the bass,,,,,
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

I would not. I don't see how we trade down and still get one of the 2 elite players in this draft (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux.)

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?
I would 1000000% do it for any of those.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 07:12 PM by iapetus. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2021, 06:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

I would not. I don't see how we trade down and still get one of the 2 elite players in this draft (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux.)

Well, we don't. But the question is whether with the number of clear holes on this roster we're better off with multiple good players over one elite player. Particularly when your list of elite players are on the wrong side of the ball.

(12-19-2021, 07:08 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 06:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would not. I don't see how we trade down and still get one of the 2 elite players in this draft (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux.)

Well, we don't. But the question is whether with the number of clear holes on this roster we're better off with multiple good players over one elite player. Particularly when your list of elite players are on the wrong side of the ball.
That's fair. It depends on what they do in March via free agency though. If you sign DE's like Chandler Jones and Randy Gregory you may feel compelled to trade down to pick up players like Traylon Burks at WR or Tyler Linderbaum at C.

Same on offense. If you sign a T like Terron Armstead and WR's like Mike Williams & Michael Gallup or resign D.J Chark you could stay put and take Hutchinson or Thibodeaux at DE.

Coaching staff plays a factor as well. If McDaniels ends up here I see them looking for a pair of TE's. Trey McBride and Charlie Kolar would probably be high up on their wishlist. Even with Dan Arnold coming back.

There's too many questions right now. Still too early. Always fun to play armchair general manager though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-19-2021, 06:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Jets for #4 and #8?

Giants for # 5 and #6 ?

Dude. You realize those trades could get a WR, the Iowa center and a tackle. All 1st rounders.

That would be awesome. I love Hutch and Thibs but that haul would be great.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 07:40 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2021, 07:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 06:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would not. I don't see how we trade down and still get one of the 2 elite players in this draft (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux.)
Dude. You realize those trades could get a WR, the Iowa center and a tackle. All 1st rounders.

That would be awesome. I love Hutch and Thibs but that haul would be great.

After Jameson Williams, there is a significant drop in the next group of WR's, IMO. Not that they are bad, they are just pretty much all equal in my estimation, so if we traded down too far and missed out on Williams, we'd end up with the same type of WR we would probably get at the top of round 2 and we gain nothing. I do like Linderbaum a lot, but not as much as the idea of drafting an elite pass rusher. As far as OT, I don't see a single OT I would even consider drafting in the first 2 rounds. 

I'm taking quality over quantity. There is no quick fix for this team, no matter how many draft picks we get. I'd rather take a single elite player in round one over taking two good players. This is gonna be a slow re-build, so the picks we do end up with, I want the best players possible.