Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The #1 pick nobody wants

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 05:27 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

What a curse to own the #1 pick in this draft. 9 times out of 10, we would have leverage to trade out because of a QB everyone wants. That player does not exist in this draft. 

I would have loved to leverage this pick into more picks we desperately need. This sucks. Luke Joeckel draft vibes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bad news is there isn’t a qb in this draft for us to take

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 05:28 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Nobody wants an elite pass rusher? Gtfoh. This is the perfect draft for us being we already have our QB and need a pass rusher lol

I want it

I'd gladly take Thibs or Hutch.

Hutchinson, Thib, o’Neal take one.

I mean I’ll take Hutchinson.

Trading down is harder than people think.

And not trading down this year is no big deal. You take Thibs or Hutch and keep it moving. They are both blue chip prospects.

Yeah let’s not draft Peppers or Jared Allen #1

Gtfoh man

You all are making my point for me. If there is a QB everyone wants, we can trade out and still get one of these players.

(12-19-2021, 05:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You all are making my point for me. If there is a QB everyone wants, we can trade out and still get one of these players.

No

Speaks volumes on how out of touch Khan is as an owner.

He has no business being in sports.

Anything that he's touched so far that's sports related is pretty much [BLEEP].

You can blame this player, that player, this coach, that coach, your neighbor, your long lost cousin.

Doesn't matter. This team under his ownership in 10 years is now looking at it's 5th coach and a constant revolving door of players coming in and going out ASAP.

This team has set new records and redefined the definition of being below standards in this sport.

He just needs to sell it and move on. Wayne Weaver should have done this city a kindness and sold this [BLEEP] show to someone willing and able to relocate.

Nobody wants this team in this city. You can't attract anybody here worth a [BLEEP]. Tom Brady drove by this city on the way to Tampa. Drew Brees drove by this city on the way to Miami. Brett Favre stayed up north to play in New York.

The only players we attract are here are mostly garbage players looking for a quick payday after playing 2nd fiddle in a larger market.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 05:36 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

You could get one of the 3 players we want with the 2nd. 3rd, or 4th pick if there were a QB in this draft worth trading up for. Multiple teams would be making offers to us for said QB.

I am not questioning the talent of the 3 players. I am saying this is a bad draft to pick 1st.

Man Lawerence SUCKS. He hit that that receiver right in the chest, but because he didn’t say please the receiver couldn’t catch it. Terrible!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I'd be fairly disappointed to have the #1 pick in this draft if we still desperately needed a QB. Definitely not upset to get Thibs or Hutch.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 05:43 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm sure by the time the draft comes around, some qb will have the hype and get turned into the first pick that some teams or team will want. Let the hype machine work. Jags might be able to trade back after all and the jags will get to pick 1 in the second which might be a very good advantage

They should let the Jags have the first 53 picks, THEN maybe we can find a receiver that can catch a damn ball
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Teams trade up for QBs it feels like in most drafts. I think we’d still find a trade partner if we wanted one and wound up with the 1st overall pick. Lot of football left. At least one QB will make himself appear to be worthy of the pick between now and the run up to the draft. And trading it away would be the ideal scenario since we’re not in the QB market.

If we’re not able to trade back for extra picks, then we for sure need to hit on at least the first 3. Can’t afford to have early picks not producing next season. Way too many early picks either not producing or not sticking around. That more than anything needs to change.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(12-19-2021, 05:41 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I'm sure by the time the draft comes around, some qb will have the hype and get turned into the first pick that some teams or team will want. Let the hype machine work. Jags might be able to trade back after all and the jags will get to pick 1 in the second which might be a very good advantage

The draft is 5 1/2 months away!  There is time for the hype.

Until then, "We're #1!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!