Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The #1 pick nobody wants

(12-19-2021, 08:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 08:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 2 catches for 23 yards is balling out?

Yes, on a team with 5 other legit options and as a part timer the guy makes plays. He's got 300 yards and 4 TDs this year, how nice would that be as our 3rd option the last few seasons?

You're answering your own question.  He's nothing special.  We have Lazards on the team now.  The problem is we don't have the other 4 studs or a HOF QB.  If we had as much depth as the Packers and a QB like Rodgers a lot of receivers could fill Lazard's shoes.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2021, 08:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 08:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, on a team with 5 other legit options and as a part timer the guy makes plays. He's got 300 yards and 4 TDs this year, how nice would that be as our 3rd option the last few seasons?

You're answering your own question.  He's nothing special.  We have Lazards on the team now.  The problem is we don't have the other 4 studs or a HOF QB.  If we had as much depth as the Packers and a QB like Rodgers a lot of receivers could fill Lazard's shoes.

100% agree. Rodgers can make anybody look good.

The nice thing about this draft is while there may not be a QB worth #1 maybe a team like the Panthers will want to leapfrog the Lions/Texans to get that QB.....that's where we come in. He doesn't have to be worth #1 to every team...just 1.

Also every year it seems some QB comes out of nowhere and goes higher than he should. And even if we can't trade, so what there are still really good players to draft. Maybe we trade out of #1 and go down to get more offensive help. Someone is bound to want a top tier edge rusher.

(12-19-2021, 09:43 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: The nice thing about this draft is while there may not be a QB worth #1 maybe a team like the Panthers will want to leapfrog the Lions/Texans to get that QB.....that's where we come in. He doesn't have to be worth #1 to every team...just 1.

Also every year it seems some QB comes out of nowhere and goes higher than he should. And even if we can't trade, so what there are still really good players to draft. Maybe we trade out of #1 and go down to get more offensive help. Someone is bound to want a top tier edge rusher.

Exactly, nobody was talking about Zack Wilson at #2 in Novemember of last year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Yeah hopefully it plays out that way. I think getting more 1st round o-line talent and great WR would be nice, considering the state of our roster.

(12-20-2021, 11:26 AM)Newton Wrote: Yeah hopefully it plays out that way. I think getting more 1st round o-line talent and great WR would be nice, considering the state of our roster.

Its amazing how hard its been to find a couple of receivers that actually know how to CATCH THE DAMN BALL... I mean, how in the hell did they make it to this level and NOT KNOW HOW TO CATCH A DAMN BALL?!? 

It blows my mind, you have two jobs, get open and catch the ball.... Get OPEN and CATCH THE DAMN BALL WHEN IT HITS YOU IN THE HANDS. Hell back in the day, all the ball had to do was get close to the receivers and THEY CAUGHT THE DAMN BALL... 

It blows my mind.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-19-2021, 09:50 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 09:43 PM)MIJagsFan Wrote: The nice thing about this draft is while there may not be a QB worth #1 maybe a team like the Panthers will want to leapfrog the Lions/Texans to get that QB.....that's where we come in. He doesn't have to be worth #1 to every team...just 1.

They were in December. I was watching him before we locked up first overall.

(12-19-2021, 05:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a curse to own the #1 pick in this draft. 9 times out of 10, we would have leverage to trade out because of a QB everyone wants. That player does not exist in this draft. 

I would have loved to leverage this pick into more picks we desperately need. This sucks. Luke Joeckel draft vibes.

While I'll agree that nobody is getting an RGIII or Ricky Williams package together for anyone in this darft, if you want to move, there will be suitors.

The trouble may be that everyone is looking for the quick fix. Thinking about what picks from this darft can be packaged together to move up.

What if it's for a mix of picks this year and next year's one? We still walk away with multiple firsts, but maybe in a year where the picks fit our needs better?

(12-20-2021, 04:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 05:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a curse to own the #1 pick in this draft. 9 times out of 10, we would have leverage to trade out because of a QB everyone wants. That player does not exist in this draft. 

I would have loved to leverage this pick into more picks we desperately need. This sucks. Luke Joeckel draft vibes.

While I'll agree that nobody is getting an RGIII or Ricky Williams package together for anyone in this darft, if you want to move, there will be suitors.

The trouble may be that everyone is looking for the quick fix. Thinking about what picks from this darft can be packaged together to move up.

What if it's for a mix of picks this year and next year's one? We still walk away with multiple firsts, but maybe in a year where the picks fit our needs better?

The Jags need EVERYTHING...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Get the tackle from Alabama and don’t look back. The offense needs help

(12-20-2021, 04:55 PM)Holger Wrote: Get the tackle from Alabama and don’t look back. The offense needs help

Yes, offense, offense, offense

(12-20-2021, 04:55 PM)Holger Wrote: Get the tackle from Alabama and don’t look back. The offense needs help

If we have one of the first two picks and don't trade back, then the team better not pass on Hutch or Thib. They are both more important than Neal imo.

(12-21-2021, 10:51 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

If we have one of the first two picks and don't trade back, then the team better not pass on Hutch or Thib. They are both more important than Neal imo.

Agreed. They are by far, the two best players in the draft.

2 years in a row we should come away with the best player in the country.

(12-20-2021, 05:01 PM)Ronster Wrote:

Yes, offense, offense, offense

Offense yes, but let's get another legit pass rusher too please.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-21-2021, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 10:51 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: If we have one of the first two picks and don't trade back, then the team better not pass on Hutch or Thib. They are both more important than Neal imo.

Agreed. They are by far, the two best players in the draft.

A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Take the BAP and run here. Neal might be the top tackle, but he's in a lower tier than Thib/Hutch.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-21-2021, 04:03 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. They are by far, the two best players in the draft.

A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Take the BAP and run here. Neal might be the top tackle, but he's in a lower tier than Thib/Hutch.
Yep. Just go all in on Terron Armstead on a 3 year deal and put that worry to rest at OT early in March.

Hutchinson's name is already on my draft card with the No. 1 overall selection unless some crazy trade is offered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Is this the NBA equivalent to former #1 picks, Kwame Brown (Wizards) or Anthony Bennett (Cavs)

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 04:43 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

It does indeed blow but let's be perfectly clear tho. This draft is not as bad as that 2013 sht fest. At least the two DEs at the top of the board have real potential.

(12-19-2021, 09:50 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Actually some people were talking about Zack Wilson and Justin Fields possibly going over Lawrence after his horrible last game in college. But not for too long.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 04:45 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Wait, last years #1 pick was a can't miss and we're on the verge of turning him into the next Tim Couch.