Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The #1 pick nobody wants

Surely you take one of the 2 elite pass rushers and don’t even think about trading down unless you get an obscene offer. There is a large drop in talent between those 2 and the rest of the draft

Pass rush is far too vital in the modern nfl to just pass up an elite player to draft a lineman for need

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2021, 04:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wait, last years #1 pick was a can't miss and we're on the verge of turning him into the next Tim Couch.

Why? Because Jaguars...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I would love to have 2 elite pass rushers on that defense. Like the Colts had in Mathis and Freeney. We probably have enough ammo to go back up in round 1 if needed. Then sign a few FA’s and things are looking good.

Gotta hire a coach of course

(12-21-2021, 06:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would love to have 2 elite pass rushers on that defense. Like the Colts had in Mathis and Freeney. We probably have enough ammo to go back up in round 1 if needed. Then sign a few FA’s and things are looking good.

Draft Hutchinson. Break the bank for Chandler Jones in FA. Draft John Ridgeway's big [BLEEP] out of Arkansas to play nose guard in the 4th or 5th RD and you're looking better already.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-21-2021, 06:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 06:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would love to have 2 elite pass rushers on that defense. Like the Colts had in Mathis and Freeney. We probably have enough ammo to go back up in round 1 if needed. Then sign a few FA’s and things are looking good.

Draft Hutchinson. Break the bank for Chandler Jones in FA. Draft John Ridgeway's big [BLEEP] out of Arkansas to play nose guard in the 4th or 5th RD and you're looking better already.

Give me some true offensive fire power and I’m in.

We don't need a NT. We have DaVon Hamilton. He's just fine. We need another pass rusher, a free safety to play opposite Cisco and two new starting ILB's on the defensive side of the football.

I would NOT sign Chandler Jones, especially if we were staying at 1 and drafting Hutchinson.  Besides there creating a glut at edge rusher, Jones is in his 30s.  I would expect his production to fall off a cliff sooner than later.  I suppose there is the whole veteran guidance thing like Calais Campbell provided, but aside from that, no. 

More needs to be allocated to fix the O-Line.  It's looking like we'll need a minimum of three new starters next year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-22-2021, 09:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 06:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Draft Hutchinson. Break the bank for Chandler Jones in FA. Draft John Ridgeway's big [BLEEP] out of Arkansas to play nose guard in the 4th or 5th RD and you're looking better already.

I would NOT sign Chandler Jones, especially if we were staying at 1 and drafting Hutchinson.  Besides there creating a glut at edge rusher, Jones is in his 30s.  I would expect his production to fall off a cliff sooner than later.  I suppose there is the whole veteran guidance thing like Calais Campbell provided, but aside from that, no. 

More needs to be allocated to fix the O-Line.  It's looking like we'll need a minimum of three new starters next year.
Stated in a few threads. Terron Armstead, Orlando Brown Jr. and Connor Willams are on my list to sign.

Again, if they want to turn this around fast for Lawrence they need to spend money.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-22-2021, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 09:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I would NOT sign Chandler Jones, especially if we were staying at 1 and drafting Hutchinson.  Besides there creating a glut at edge rusher, Jones is in his 30s.  I would expect his production to fall off a cliff sooner than later.  I suppose there is the whole veteran guidance thing like Calais Campbell provided, but aside from that, no. 

Stated in a few threads. Terron Armstead, Orlando Brown Jr. and Connor Willams are on my list to sign.

Again, if they want to turn this around fast for Lawrence they need to spend money.

Apologies.

I did not see your posts in the other threads.

That said, I still do not sign Chandler Jones especially if I am keeping the top pick and taking Hutchinson.

I see no way Armstead becomes available.  If he does, by all means sign him.  Alternatively, I I sign the Packers' Devante Adams a,d give TL an still young, experienced, talented WR who can separate deep.

(12-22-2021, 09:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Stated in a few threads. Terron Armstead, Orlando Brown Jr. and Connor Willams are on my list to sign.

Apologies.

That said, I still do not sign Chandler Jones especially if I am keeping the top pick and taking Hutchinson.

I see no way Armstead becomes available.  If he does, by all means sign him.  Alternatively, I I sign the Packers' Devante Adams a,d give TL an still young, experienced, talented WR who can separate deep.
Adams and Geisicki as well. I am honestly concerned with Allen and Chaisson in the long term. Allen disappears at times. Chaisson has shown no advancements. I think even if you draft Hutchinson you still need to add another pass rusher.

If not Jones. Maybe that Gregory cat from Dallas instead. You have to find a happy balance somewhere. If you fall short defensively in free agency you need to retool it in the draft. Vice versa with the offense.

We'll see soon enough. A lot of it boils down to the GM and HC hires. Baalke still has a job right now. Concerning. Very concerning.

(12-22-2021, 09:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 09:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Apologies.

Adams and Geisicki as well. I am honestly concerned with Allen and Chaisson in the long term. Allen disappears at times. Chaisson has shown no advancements. I think even if you draft Hutchinson you still need to add another pass rusher.

If not Jones. Maybe that Gregory cat from Dallas instead. You have to find a happy balance somewhere. If you fall short defensively in free agency you need to retool it in the draft. Vice versa with the offense.

We'll see soon enough. A lot of it boils down to the GM and HC hires. Baalke still has a job right now. Concerning. Very concerning.

I doubt Allen disappears so much with a quality counterpart opposite him (again)

(12-22-2021, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 09:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Adams and Geisicki as well. I am honestly concerned with Allen and Chaisson in the long term. Allen disappears at times. Chaisson has shown no advancements. I think even if you draft Hutchinson you still need to add another pass rusher.

I doubt Allen disappears so much with a quality counterpart opposite him (again)

To say nothing of playing with a lead on occasion.

(12-19-2021, 08:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 08:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 2 catches for 23 yards is balling out?

Yes, on a team with 5 other legit options and as a part timer the guy makes plays. He's got 300 yards and 4 TDs this year, how nice would that be as our 3rd option the last few seasons?

I like Lazard but man you are always posting something stupid. 300 yards and 4 TDs as a third receiver would be nice to you? Laquon Treadwell almost has 300 yards and hasn't even played most the season. lol.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2021, 05:42 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-24-2021, 03:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 08:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, on a team with 5 other legit options and as a part timer the guy makes plays. He's got 300 yards and 4 TDs this year, how nice would that be as our 3rd option the last few seasons?

I like Lazard but man you are always posting something stupid. 300 yards and 4 TDs as a third receiver would be nice to you? Laquon Treadwell almost has 300 yards and hasn't even played most the season. lol.

The irony  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-22-2021, 09:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 09:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Apologies.

I think if we can get a legit top tier pass rusher then that will make Allen look that much better.

(12-24-2021, 03:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 08:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, on a team with 5 other legit options and as a part timer the guy makes plays. He's got 300 yards and 4 TDs this year, how nice would that be as our 3rd option the last few seasons?

Lazard was an UDFA here in 2018. Had we kept him he's probably the third guy at worst on this roster now, maybe the #2. I'm not touting the 300/4, rather the fact that he's the 5th option or lower on that GB roster and his contributions show some talent. Instead we've spent draft picks and FA dollars on guys like Jones, Treadwell, and Chenault when we had a perfectly viable option already here on a bargain basement contract. It's not about the raw numbers, it's about the fact that this team had a decent talent here and lost him for nothing and now that position is a weakness. Comparing him to Treadwell is dumb, Treadwell is practically the #1 here now and the 10 catches the last two weeks show it while Lazard is, again, buried behind some really talented receivers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-24-2021, 11:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 03:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I like Lazard but man you are always posting something stupid. 300 yards and 4 TDs as a third receiver would be nice to you? Laquon Treadwell almost has 300 yards and hasn't even played most the season. lol.

Lazard was an UDFA here in 2018. Had we kept him he's probably the third guy at worst on this roster now, maybe the #2. I'm not touting the 300/4, rather the fact that he's the 5th option or lower on that GB roster and his contributions show some talent. Instead we've spent draft picks and FA dollars on guys like Jones, Treadwell, and Chenault when we had a perfectly viable option already here on a bargain basement contract. It's not about the raw numbers, it's about the fact that this team had a decent talent here and lost him for nothing and now that position is a weakness. Comparing him to Treadwell is dumb, Treadwell is practically the #1 here now and the 10 catches the last two weeks show it while Lazard is, again, buried behind some really talented receivers.

I don't disagree with you, we have a funny history of having guys in preseason and not keeping them, and they go elsewhere and are actually decent. (Brandon Marshall the linebacker comes to mind instantly) I do think it's stupid that we have such a bad front office that they keep less talented players (like resinging Marquise Lee and letting AR15 walk for example) but even so, Lazard likely makes no difference on this team and is probably benefiting heavily from playing with a HOF QB.

(12-22-2021, 10:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I doubt Allen disappears so much with a quality counterpart opposite him (again)

To say nothing of playing with a lead on occasion.

Yes, Cullen's blitz game would take on a new light if he could ever employ it while up on the scoreboard.

Chaisson plays like a 43 LB to me. He'd be fine blitzing every now and then, but he's a LB not a edge rusher.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 01:34 AM by Caldrac.)

(12-25-2021, 12:37 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Chaisson plays like a 43 LB to me. He'd be fine blitzing every now and then, but he's a LB not a edge rusher.
Agreed. He's not really good across the board but he's certainly not a pass rusher.

LSU was lighting teams up in 2019 where they put up 50+ and 60+ and Chaisson only racked up 6.5 sacks.

Prior to that there was simply nothing else there to evaluate whether or not he was going to be consistent and reliable.

They could have taken Justin Jefferson there instead and landed Antoine Winfield Jr. in RD2 instead of Sheanult.

[BLEEP] bummer. Both of those players showed consistency for at least 2 years in a row and finished strong. Caldwell had to [BLEEP] this team over just one more time I guess..