Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I see a problem with Leftwich as HC

How dedicated is he to the run game? Tampa doesn't seem very balanced to me. At this moment they have like 20 passes to 5 runs. And it's been like that most of the season. 

I recognize they have Brady and that may influence the play selection, but I'm cautious of Leftwich for that reason. He always was a gunslinger. And QBs in that mode don't really change.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2021, 10:15 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: How dedicated is he to the run game? Tampa doesn't seem very balanced to me. At this moment they have like 20 passes to 5 runs. And it's been like that most of the season. 

I recognize they have Brady and that may influence the play selection, but I'm cautious of Leftwich for that reason. He always was a gunslinger. And QBs in that mode don't really change.
Yep. Seems like a recipe for disaster with Lawrence. Also, bare in mind. This is Tampa. They have an offensive line. They have the WR's, TE's and RB's. That's something this team will have to address little by little.

I would rather go with a more experienced coach. Jim Caldwell, Doug Pederson and Josh McDaniels continue to stand out to me. In particular. McDaniels. Because his offense will be balanced for a fact. With a lot of safety valve plays incorporating the TE and RB position.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I mean when you have Evans, Godwin, Gronk and AB (I know hes been suspended for 3 games) why wouldn't you throw it a bunch.

I wouldn’t lean to heavily on exactly how much influence Leftwich is really having on those decisions
(Brady has more control than you might assume IMO)

I also don’t think Leftwich would be anywhere approaching “run first”
Moderately balanced with a tendency to throw - at best

I also don’t think Leftwich is quite ready to move from OC to HC even though I find him an intriguing candidate - my doubts outweigh the intrigue at the moment

Also - how did you not see any problems with urban at HC midway thru this season?

I don't want Leftwich

Please Kahn no Leftwich ... please? pretty please?? Besides the only guy who has hired him in the NFL is Bruce Arians and he is trying to get someone..anyone to take him off his hands...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

His offense getting shutout at home this first half is pretty alarming.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Jim Caldwell is too old. Pederson or McDaniels both have SB experience and HC experience, which is exactly what this team needs at this point. Leftwich is just too young, although he's intriguing.

(12-19-2021, 10:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I mean when you have Evans, Godwin, Gronk and AB (I know hes been suspended for 3 games) why wouldn't you throw it a bunch.

& Brady
ImATexan

(12-19-2021, 10:41 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: His offense getting shutout at home this first half is pretty alarming.

Overreactions. The bucs will get it going

Only down 6 and Fournette only has 9 carries into the 3rd quarter.

(12-19-2021, 10:15 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: How dedicated is he to the run game? Tampa doesn't seem very balanced to me. At this moment they have like 20 passes to 5 runs. And it's been like that most of the season. 

He did great with Jameis Winston.  30 TDs and 30 Ints.

(12-19-2021, 10:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wouldn’t lean to heavily on exactly how much influence Leftwich is really having on those decisions
(Brady has more control than you might assume IMO)

I also don’t think Leftwich would be anywhere approaching “run first”
Moderately balanced with a tendency to throw  -  at best

I also don’t think Leftwich is quite ready to move from OC to HC even though I find him an intriguing candidate - my doubts outweigh the intrigue at the moment

Also - how did you not see any problems with urban at HC midway thru this season?

Concerning Urban I was projecting all types of excuses for what my eyes actually saw. I convinced myself he was basically using this as a throw away season, and he was going clean house this off-season. 

With what I'm reading now, I was wrong, it was just as some were saying. He had no idea what he was doing. Almost to the point where it seemed intentional.

My first mistake was, not knowing much about him, I thought he was an excellent Xs and Os gut. When he's more of a executive type.

Hes got brady. Ofcourse he has to throw it. That's what the fans want to see. Saints are eating lunch tonight

Brady looking pretty mid without his weapons I might add.

No Evans. No Brown. No Godwin. No Fournette.

On the verge of being shutout tonight at home.

"LaWrEnCe Iz ThE tRaSh. He Iz BuStEd".

[BLEEP] out of here. You need talent around you to succeed. He left New England for this reason.

Just threw an INT. He got shutout by Payton's staff with him out for the day and Taysom Hill at QB.

Just goes to show you. Even the greatest QBs of all time in any era of football always had a strong supporting cast.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-19-2021, 11:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

He did great with Jameis Winston.  30 TDs and 30 Ints.

30 Ints.  "great" lol

(12-19-2021, 10:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Yep. Seems like a recipe for disaster with Lawrence. Also, bare in mind. This is Tampa. They have an offensive line. They have the WR's, TE's and RB's. That's something this team will have to address little by little.

I would rather go with a more experienced coach. Jim Caldwell, Doug Pederson and Josh McDaniels continue to stand out to me. In particular. McDaniels. Because his offense will be balanced for a fact. With a lot of safety valve plays incorporating the TE and RB position.

Those three are at the top of my list, too.  No OJT for first time NFL head coaches.  We need a steady hand.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

It’s a perfect situation for McDaniels. He’s head and shoulders above everyone else for me and I hated his hiring in Denver years ago. He was too young at the time and it really showed. He had the Indy job lined up and then backed out so I have to wonder does he really want the added responsibility, but if he does he’d have to be interested in coaching Lawrence and Khan should be interested in having him do so.

(12-20-2021, 01:06 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It’s a perfect situation for McDaniels.  He’s head and shoulders above everyone else for me and I hated his hiring in Denver years ago.  He was too young at the time and it really showed.  He had the Indy job lined up and then backed out so I have to wonder does he really want the added responsibility, but if he does he’d have to be  interested in coaching Lawrence and Khan should be interested in having him do so.

Mcdaniels is not the move. Just my opinion. He didn't opt out of going to Indy because it was a bad situation he opted out because he was comfortable where he was and that alone tells me he isn't a head coach.