Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I see a problem with Leftwich as HC

(12-19-2021, 11:06 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 10:41 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: His offense getting shutout at home this first half is pretty alarming.

Overreactions. The bucs will get it going

You were saying?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-20-2021, 12:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He did great with Jameis Winston.  30 TDs and 30 Ints.

30 Ints.  "great" lol

it's called sarcasm

(12-20-2021, 07:09 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 12:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 30 Ints.  "great" lol

it's called sarcasm

Oh OK, I was wondering lol

It's weird what happens when a QB doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to.

I don't blame Leftwich for last night.. AR12 is the only QB in the NFL who can overcome a dilemma like this.

don't overthink this decision. I like Leftwich, but I would prefer Pederson or McDaniels:

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/12/nfl-ru...guars.html

Leftwich will be a HC someday in this league, he’s just not ready and he’s not the right man for this team at this point.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

They have to get this right. That's all I can say.

They have to get it right this time. A decade of this [BLEEP] is enough.

Do not hire a coach first. Get the manager first. Let him make his decisions.

If you need a team of consultants you could probably pay Parcells, Wolf and Polian a modest sum and get some help from them.

If you want McDaniels? You need a Patriot guy from that front office. Probably Eliot Wolf.

If you want Pederson? You need a Chiefs or Eagles guy from their front office. Probably Mike Borgonzi or Scott Pioli.

If you want Moore? You need a Cowboys guy. Probably Will McClay.

If you want Roman? You need Joe Horitz.

Again, Rick Smith and Jim Caldwell could probably work great together. It just has to work together.

Khan needs to make these two hires. Hand them the keys to his football kingdom, his castle. Annnnnnd get the [BLEEP] out of their way. That's including Jr.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I love the desperation at trying to compare a bad game from Tom Brady to how Lawrence is playing.

If you took every single "bad" game Tom Brady has ever played, it would be a better highlight reel than Lawrence at his best.

(12-20-2021, 09:48 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: I love the desperation at trying to compare a bad game from Tom Brady to how Lawrence is playing.

If you took every single "bad" game Tom Brady has ever played, it would be a better highlight reel than Lawrence at his best.
That's besides the point. Tom is great. But, I want people to realize two things.

1. Tom left the Patriots because it had no talent around him anymore to win it all. It was devoid of talent on his way out. So much so that Belichick dropped $140M in March and April to address it.

2. Last night goes to show you, that, much like every great dynasty of dominance that you still need a supporting cast to win games.

Brady had nobody last night around him and they laid a goose egg. That's with him getting multiple drives to win and with nearly 50 pass attempts.

Now, people like to bash Lawrence in his 14th start with nowhere NEAR the level of skill players and offensive lineman to protect him.

THAT is the point.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

GM search needs to happen NOW then. We aren't the only job available. Vegas is a far more attractive job than we are and they already have their interview ducks in a row.

Arizona got pounded by the Lions, the Jets damn near beat the phins, and Pittsburgh beat the Tacks yesterday. It's one game, people.

I have no idea whether Byron would make the grade as head coach, but he's no doubt better than what we just had. Every coach in the NFL was once an unproven commodity.

(12-20-2021, 09:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's weird what happens when a QB doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to.

I don't blame Leftwich for last night.. AR12 is the only QB in the NFL who can overcome a dilemma like this.

BG11 could have lead them to victory last night.

(12-19-2021, 10:39 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Please Kahn no Leftwich ... please? pretty please?? Besides the only guy who has hired him in the NFL is Bruce Arians and he is trying to get someone..anyone to take him off his hands...

Arians knows Leftwich is replaceable because it's Arians' offense, and he can teach it to the next former QB turned coordinator.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-20-2021, 09:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They have to get this right. That's all I can say.

They have to get it right this time. A decade of this [BLEEP] is enough.

Do not hire a coach first. Get the manager first. Let him make his decisions.

If you need a team of consultants you could probably pay Parcells, Wolf and Polian a modest sum and get some help from them.

If you want McDaniels? You need a Patriot guy from that front office. Probably Eliot Wolf.

If you want Pederson? You need a Chiefs or Eagles guy from their front office. Probably Mike Borgonzi or Scott Pioli.

If you want Moore? You need a Cowboys guy. Probably Will McClay.

If you want Roman? You need Joe Horitz.

Again, Rick Smith and Jim Caldwell could probably work great together. It just has to work together.

Khan needs to make these two hires. Hand them the keys to his football kingdom, his castle. Annnnnnd get the [BLEEP] out of their way. That's including Jr.

This
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I dont want a first time HC. I hope Mr Khan does get rid of the GM, but there has been no indication that he is going to do that, just fans thinking he has to. He should, so it will be a clean start (again) but all he said about TB was he will remain the GM. Not anything like for the rest of the season, not he will be evaluated at the end of the season, nothing to suggest that TB is on his way out, or even considering a change at GM. Hope he is just not wanting to spill the beans yet.

(12-20-2021, 12:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He did great with Jameis Winston.  30 TDs and 30 Ints.

30 Ints.  "great" lol

whoosh!

(but based on earlier speculation I looked particularly to this year to see how he did without a GOAT at QB to see his tendencies. 1st full-year OC, 14th in league in rushing attempts, 4th in Passing. I expected the high passing numbers with a gunslinger like Jameis, but the high number of runs was a surprise to me.)

(12-20-2021, 10:44 AM)wrong_box Wrote: I dont want a first time HC. I hope Mr Khan does get rid of the GM, but there has been no indication that he is going to do that, just fans thinking he has to. He should, so it will be a clean start (again) but all he said about TB was he will remain the GM. Not anything like for the rest of the season, not he will be evaluated at the end of the season, nothing to suggest that TB is on his way out, or even considering a change at GM. Hope he is just not wanting to spill the beans yet.

It's true that we are just speculating.  However, I think the fact that the Jaguars have not started the head coach search and according to Khan, it won't happen until 2022 suggests the Baalke will be out.  If Baalke were to remain, he would be involved in choosing the next head coach and I think the search would begin immediately.

Byron Leftwich becoming our HC would be one of the very few things that could happen that would make me question if I want to turn my TV on or purchase game tickets on sundays.

I’ve got no I’ll feelings towards Leftwhich. But please, let’s not go that route for nostalgia’s sake.

(12-20-2021, 06:05 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Mcdaniels is not the move. Just my opinion. He didn't opt out of going to Indy because it was a bad situation he opted out because he was comfortable where he was and that alone tells me he isn't a head coach.

I think McDaniels was never comfortable with the job but Indy made an offer that was simply too good to be true. He half heartedly took it and then last second realized it just wasn't right for him. Kind of like what Shad did with Meyer, but Meyer just couldn't say no to the money and Tlaw allure.

Whatever job McDaniels jumps into with both feet next is going to wind up being a success I believe. Hopefully it is here.