Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I see a problem with Leftwich as HC

(12-20-2021, 09:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 06:05 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Mcdaniels is not the move. Just my opinion. He didn't opt out of going to Indy because it was a bad situation he opted out because he was comfortable where he was and that alone tells me he isn't a head coach.

I think McDaniels was never comfortable with the job but Indy made an offer that was simply too good to be true. He half heartedly took it and then last second realized it just wasn't right for him. Kind of like what Shad did with Meyer, but Meyer just couldn't say no to the money and Tlaw allure.

Whatever job McDaniels jumps into with both feet next is going to wind up being a success I believe. Hopefully it is here.

I think he's the heir to the Patriots throne.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-20-2021, 07:50 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 10:44 AM)wrong_box Wrote: I dont want a first time HC. I hope Mr Khan does get rid of the GM, but there has been no indication that he is going to do that, just fans thinking he has to. He should, so it will be a clean start (again) but all he said about TB was he will remain the GM. Not anything like for the rest of the season, not he will be evaluated at the end of the season, nothing to suggest that TB is on his way out, or even considering a change at GM. Hope he is just not wanting to spill the beans yet.

It's true that we are just speculating.  However, I think the fact that the Jaguars have not started the head coach search and according to Khan, it won't happen until 2022 suggests the Baalke will be out.  If Baalke were to remain, he would be involved in choosing the next head coach and I think the search would begin immediately.

well Meyer was all Khan. Maybe this head coach wont be all Khan, but Baalke isnt someone Id want picking or having any say in the new HC. For all we know, Bevell will get the job and Brian Schottenheimer will become the OC. Khan does like continuity and maybe even more so with TL so he doesnt have to learn a new system next year.

(12-20-2021, 09:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 06:05 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Mcdaniels is not the move. Just my opinion. He didn't opt out of going to Indy because it was a bad situation he opted out because he was comfortable where he was and that alone tells me he isn't a head coach.

I think McDaniels was never comfortable with the job but Indy made an offer that was simply too good to be true. He half heartedly took it and then last second realized it just wasn't right for him. Kind of like what Shad did with Meyer, but Meyer just couldn't say no to the money and Tlaw allure.

Whatever job McDaniels jumps into with both feet next is going to wind up being a success I believe. Hopefully it is here.

He backed out in '18 right? The colts roster overall was coming together and this was a full year before Andrew Luck retired. Who would have said no to Andrew Luck +  a stacked roster. I'd feel differently maybe if somehow he knew Luck might retire the following year but I doubt it.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 07:52 AM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2021, 06:09 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 09:47 PM)Upper Wrote: I think McDaniels was never comfortable with the job but Indy made an offer that was simply too good to be true. He half heartedly took it and then last second realized it just wasn't right for him. Kind of like what Shad did with Meyer, but Meyer just couldn't say no to the money and Tlaw allure.

He backed out in '18 right? The colts roster overall was coming together and this was a full year before Andrew Luck retired. Who would have said no to Andrew Luck +  a stacked roster. I'd feel differently maybe if somehow he knew Luck might retire the following year but I doubt it.

It was in the news that off-season that his shoulder was shot, and when he played it looked like he couldn't throw with the same velocity he had before (which wasn't elite to start with). If I had to guess, McDaniels found out he wasn't a sure thing to stick around and decided he didn't need to be in another Broncos situation. It's scummy, but from that standpoint I can't blame him. Can you imagine being the coach of the colts when they run out of quarterbacks and go into a decades long run of mediocrity? That fan base is the very definition of spoiled. They don't even have to make noise at their home games. A few years of sub .500 and there'll be talk about the mayflower vans coming back.

(12-20-2021, 07:58 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Byron Leftwich becoming our HC would be one of the very few things that could happen that would make me question if I want to turn my TV on or purchase game tickets on sundays.

any specific reason?

(12-21-2021, 01:35 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 07:50 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: It's true that we are just speculating.  However, I think the fact that the Jaguars have not started the head coach search and according to Khan, it won't happen until 2022 suggests the Baalke will be out.  If Baalke were to remain, he would be involved in choosing the next head coach and I think the search would begin immediately.

well Meyer was all Khan. Maybe this head coach wont be all Khan, but Baalke isnt someone Id want picking or having any say in the new HC. For all we know, Bevell will get the job and Brian Schottenheimer will become the OC. Khan does like continuity and maybe even more so with TL so he doesnt have to learn a new system next year.

That seems to be his Achilles heel as an owner, doesn't it?

(12-21-2021, 06:09 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 09:47 PM)Upper Wrote: I think McDaniels was never comfortable with the job but Indy made an offer that was simply too good to be true. He half heartedly took it and then last second realized it just wasn't right for him. Kind of like what Shad did with Meyer, but Meyer just couldn't say no to the money and Tlaw allure.

Apparently the reason McDaniels balked at the Colts was due to football operation stuff.

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/.amp/gm-...ched-colts

Think the only way McDaniels would work is if you paired him with someone from the NE front office (Ziegler or Wolfe) so that they are on the same page.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 11:33 AM by wrong_box. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2021, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 01:35 AM)wrong_box Wrote: well Meyer was all Khan. Maybe this head coach wont be all Khan, but Baalke isnt someone Id want picking or having any say in the new HC. For all we know, Bevell will get the job and Brian Schottenheimer will become the OC. Khan does like continuity and maybe even more so with TL so he doesnt have to learn a new system next year.

That seems to be his Achilles heel as an owner, doesn't it?

I understand the concept, but they have to be the right people. I would be good if they kept Joe Cullen, the rest ehhh not so much. Maybe Bevell would be a better HC than OC and Shotty would be a better OC than Bevell. IDK. I guess we will see what Shotty brings to the table since he is now the play caller. Its hard to judge an OC when you have [BLEEP] for receivers and a rookie QB. How much will having to learn a totally new system next year impact TL? Thats the part that matters the most. Well if the scheme is junk matters and who is around him matters, but learning two schemes in two years isnt ideal for a rookie QB

(12-21-2021, 11:29 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That seems to be his Achilles heel as an owner, doesn't it?

I understand the concept, but they have to be the right people. I would be good if they kept Joe Cullen, the rest ehhh not so much. Maybe Bevell would be a better HC than OC and Shotty would be a better OC than Bevell. IDK. I guess we will see what Shotty brings to the table since he is now the play caller. Its hard to judge an OC when you have [BLEEP] for receivers and a rookie QB. How much will having to learn a totally new system next year impact TL? Thats the part that matters the most. Well if the scheme is junk matters and who is around him matters, but learning two schemes in two years isnt ideal for a rookie QB

Unfortunately, if the slate is wiped clean Cullen has to go as well. It wouldn't be fair to an incoming regime that has been tasked to create a new culture to be forced to work with a holdover. 

Urban Meyer screwed a lot of people.

(12-19-2021, 10:39 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Please Kahn no Leftwich ... please? pretty please?? Besides the only guy who has hired him in the NFL is Bruce Arians and he is trying to get someone..anyone to take him off his hands...

I'm curious as to what makes you think that Arians is trying to get rid of Leftwich?  I haven't seen any reports/rumors to that effect....

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 12:29 PM by wrong_box. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2021, 11:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 11:29 AM)wrong_box Wrote: I understand the concept, but they have to be the right people. I would be good if they kept Joe Cullen, the rest ehhh not so much. Maybe Bevell would be a better HC than OC and Shotty would be a better OC than Bevell. IDK. I guess we will see what Shotty brings to the table since he is now the play caller. Its hard to judge an OC when you have [BLEEP] for receivers and a rookie QB. How much will having to learn a totally new system next year impact TL? Thats the part that matters the most. Well if the scheme is junk matters and who is around him matters, but learning two schemes in two years isnt ideal for a rookie QB

Unfortunately, if the slate is wiped clean Cullen has to go as well. It wouldn't be fair to an incoming regime that has been tasked to create a new culture to be forced to work with a holdover. 

Urban Meyer screwed a lot of people.
If the new HC wants to keep Cullen he can stay. I agree no forced holdovers. Just thinking of TL development and how far back having to learn a new scheme would set him back

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 12:30 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-20-2021, 10:16 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Arizona got pounded by the Lions, the Jets damn near beat the phins, and Pittsburgh beat the Tacks yesterday.  It's one game, people.

I have no idea whether Byron would make the grade as head coach, but he's no doubt better than what we just had.  Every coach in the NFL was once an unproven commodity.

Even if the Bucs would have put up 30 points despite their skill player injuries that occurred against the Saints,  that by itself would only be a relatively small portion of whether Byron Leftwich (  or any Offensive Coordinator in a similar situation) is a good fit to fill a specific HC vacancy.  Many great Coordinators are much better in that role than as a HC.

Frankly with a Leftwich or Moore hire keeping Cullen to run the defense may prove wise. Defense has played well and improved despite talent deficiencies.

(12-21-2021, 12:34 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Frankly with a Leftwich or Moore hire keeping Cullen to run the defense may prove wise. Defense has played well and improved despite talent deficiencies.

I would be thrilled if Cullen were kept onboard. How many games this year did Cullen lay at the feet of the offense only to see it squandered?

(12-21-2021, 12:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 12:34 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Frankly with a Leftwich or Moore hire keeping Cullen to run the defense may prove wise. Defense has played well and improved despite talent deficiencies.

I would be thrilled if Cullen were kept onboard. How many games this year did Cullen lay at the feet of the offense only to see it squandered?

just off the top of my head 

Cin, Ari, Ind, Atl, Hou(2nd Game)

had we had some form of constant offence this year we could easily have 5 more wins.  because of that we are lucky to have 2 wins.

(12-21-2021, 12:26 PM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 10:39 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Please Kahn no Leftwich ... please? pretty please?? Besides the only guy who has hired him in the NFL is Bruce Arians and he is trying to get someone..anyone to take him off his hands...

I'm curious as to what makes you think that Arians is trying to get rid of Leftwich?  I haven't seen any reports/rumors to that effect....

Because Arians said, "I get way too much credit. I don't do [BLEEP]. Byron calls all the plays. He should get more interviews for a head coaching job" or something to that effect.

He's not trying to get rid of him, lol, he just wants to see his friend get his due.

Id like to see Cullen with a lead to work wkrh

So have we kind of given up on the possibility of Eric Bieniemy / Brian Daboll as the next head coach? I keep seeing bunch of names listed such as Lefwich, McDaniels, Pederson, Caldwell, etc.

(12-21-2021, 08:05 PM)High Octane Wrote: So have we kind of given up on the possibility of Eric Bieniemy / Brian Daboll  as the next head coach? I keep seeing bunch of names listed such as Lefwich, McDaniels, Pederson, Caldwell, etc.

I hope not. I'd be happy with a Daboll pick.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2021, 10:17 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(12-21-2021, 07:48 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 06:09 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He backed out in '18 right? The colts roster overall was coming together and this was a full year before Andrew Luck retired. Who would have said no to Andrew Luck +  a stacked roster. I'd feel differently maybe if somehow he knew Luck might retire the following year but I doubt it.

It was in the news that off-season that his shoulder was shot, and when he played it looked like he couldn't throw with the same velocity he had before (which wasn't elite to start with). If I had to guess, McDaniels found out he wasn't a sure thing to stick around and decided he didn't need to be in another Broncos situation. It's scummy, but from that standpoint I can't blame him. Can you imagine being the coach of the colts when they run out of quarterbacks and go into a decades long run of mediocrity? That fan base is the very definition of spoiled. They don't even have to make noise at their home games. A few years of sub .500 and there'll be talk about the mayflower vans coming back.

Bro Luck had 39 TDs and almost 4600 yards in '18 tho lol. It was arguably his best year as a pro.

(12-21-2021, 08:05 PM)High Octane Wrote: So have we kind of given up on the possibility of Eric Bieniemy / Brian Daboll  as the next head coach? I keep seeing bunch of names listed such as Lefwich, McDaniels, Pederson, Caldwell, etc.

I feel like we need to go with a guy who's been a HC before.. maybe if Trevor had a good rookie year and our team wasn't so bad you could take a chance on a new guy but it's sketchy right now because if another guy fails miserably it might ruin Trevor.