Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's have a discussion about the draft..

So as of right now we sit with the #1 pick.. with a QB needy Lions and Texans team right behind us. So my question to you college guys is there any QB that may sneak their way to becoming a #1 pick? (like a Kyler Murray/Baker Mayfield) in years past? Somebody that might make a team like the Giants want to jump the Lions/Texans and potentially give us the #5/#6 pick for #1? I have paid almost no attention to college football this year due to a heavier work load. I can't imagine we would be dumb enough to stick at 1 for one of the two pass rushers if we could get multiple top 10 picks in return for it. What's your opinion?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is no QB that a team will be willing to part ways with a lot of draft capital to move up to the top and draft. I'm not sure if one even gets taken in the top 10 this year. If we have a top 2 pick the best move is to take one of the 2 elite edge rushers.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 10:23 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

No. There is no QB that good or that coveted in this draft. There isn't really any consensus on which prospect is even the top QB at this point. I've seen mocks with Pickett as the top QB with Corral the top QB and with Willis the top QB. They are all over the place and rarely does one go in the top 6-7 picks. It's just one of those down years for QB's.

(12-20-2021, 06:22 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So as of right now we sit with the #1 pick.. with a QB needy Lions and Texans team right behind us. So my question to you college guys is there any QB that may sneak their way to becoming a #1 pick? (like a Kyler Murray/Baker Mayfield) in years past? Somebody that might make a team like the Giants want to jump the Lions/Texans and potentially give us the #5/#6 pick for #1? I have paid almost no attention to college football this year due to a heavier work load. I can't imagine we would be dumb enough to stick at 1 for one of the two pass rushers if we could get multiple top 10 picks in return for it. What's your opinion?

At this time, I don't think the Lions are drafting a QB with the team's own 2022 1st Round Pick. 

Jared Goff is probably not the long-term answer at the position. However, Goff has improved in recent games for multiple reasons, he's looked upon favorably by GM Brad Holmes (and probably HC Dan Campbell), and the Lions have the 1st Round Picks of the LA Rams in 2022 and 2023.  This in addition, to having a high 2nd Round pick in 2022 and the Lions own 1st and 2nd Round Picks in 2023.  It doesn't look like it would be an efficient decision for the Lions to address the QB position with a top 5 pick in the 2022 Draft.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 08:29 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we happen to keep the #1 pick, jets game with Shotty calling plays and a game plan without Meyer and a team that is fighting harder due to his absence, it’s possible we win that one.  If we happen to hold the #1 pick at the end of the year, either trade it back and acrue talent for the much needed positions or we grab a good pass rusher.  Seems like a win-win to me. I honestly wouldn’t be too worried.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought this was going to be a thread about the measures certain people took to avoid the draft.