Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags in the Playoffs Next Year???

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 01:56 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Seriously?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7cWqcHLyos

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 02:25 PM by Caldrac.)

Is Tannebaum getting the job as the next general manager?

Is he bringing Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan with him too?

I hope they can manage six wins at best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jeff Saturday: "This man just compared the Jacksonville Jaguars to the Golden State Warriors. Man's Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh".

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The Mike Shanahan quote is pretty true!

with the right coaching and we do something with our offence we could potentially be a wild card. with how bad we have been this year. we are a constant offence away from 7 wins. we should of won Cin, Atl, 2nd Hou, Ind, and Den. we had many options to get away in this game or make it a tied game in the 3rd or early 4th. and failed over and over on offence.

defense has been keeping us in games, at some point it needs to start working and we can get a lead and let the Defense go after the QB. but we are not capable right now. but with a Good FA and Draft we could be.

at least our TE room looks good now, that has been a thorn in our team for years now.

I'd just like to take this time to welcome Mike Tannenbaum back to the United States. One can only assume he was one of the expats that was left stranded back in Afghanistan and as such, has had no internet or communication with the outside world since August. Just glad he's got back home safely.

Although part of what he's saying is crazy (Steph and the Warriors), the other part is true.

You have a rookie QB with loads of talent, a team with tons of cap space, and a team with no state income tax. All it takes is the right person and this team can be turned around fast. The AFC South isn't some great division like the NFC West or AFC North.

I doubt it could be turned around that fast but we've seen it happen before in the NFL so it's not impossible. It just takes the right coach and 3 or 4 key player additions.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-21-2021, 01:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Seriously?  

I think Mike Tannenbaum is being serious.  He was hired by Bill Parcells in 1997, when Parcells became the Jets HC after leading the Patriots to the Super Bowl the previous season.  

The Jets were 1-15 in 1996 with Rich Kotite as HC.  This, after a 3-13 season the previous season.  They went 9-7 in Parcells' first season with Neal O'Donnell as their QB.  From a physical talent standpoint, Trevor Lawrence has much higher upside potential.  With the Jaguars having a very favorable salary cap situation.

I understand where Tannenbaum is coming from.  Yet, without saying, the Jaguars would need to make great GM and HC choices and have a favorable injury situation.  for such a leap to be a realistic possibility.

No, way too many needs to fill in one season. Fix the offensive line and receiver group in 2022- that should be the goal. If they do this, an 8-9 or 9-8 season is possible. The playoffs would have to wait until 2023 when Trevor hits his stride.

Just saw this clip, thought Jeff Saturday was gonna have a conniption fit (that's right, had to google it)

Although this team is a long way off from a play off run, there is no elite qb in our division, you get a d line that can consistently stop the run and you’ve got a good chance at winning the division, that been said the eye test is as true as any and we’re a long way off

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 04:39 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

If we are to assume that

1. They actually sign good players in free agency and spend up a lot of the cap.
2. Draft at least 3 or 4 good starters.
3. Lawrence proves he's what everyone thought he was.
4. Get a real HC not Byron Leftwich.

Playoffs aren't too crazy for them.

(12-21-2021, 03:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No, way too many needs to fill in one season. Fix the offensive line and receiver group in 2022- that should be the goal. If they do this, an 8-9 or 9-8 season is possible. The playoffs would have to wait until 2023 when Trevor hits his stride.

I don't think it's too many holes to fil it just depends on how they approach it. I think if you get a real #1 WR like a Davante Adams type alongside 2 or 3 good Offensive linemen the offense could be stacked. 

Adams #1 Chark #2 MJJ #3
James Robinson #1 Travis ETN #2

At that point, all we really need is a playmaker on defense. I don't think it's a stretch to say our Defense is solid right now it just lacks that guy. We had two of those in '17 in Ramsey and Campbell. Two disruptive playmakers. 

We need a GM who dosen't over think and try to out smart the league. The amount of Mock Drafts I've done personally as a flipping fan that would have been 100x better than our actual drafts is laughable. Makes you wonder how these guys get paid so much. We always try to go flashy whether it be a Dante Fowler or Blake Bortles.. we always just have to be the team to take a risk on someone who isn't worth it.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 06:34 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2021, 03:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I doubt it could be turned around that fast but we've seen it happen before in the NFL so it's not impossible. It just takes the right coach and 3 or 4 key player additions.
Browns got turned around REAL fast.

They almost won last night with their 3rd string QB because they got the right coach and GM.

Photo 

[Image: jim-mora-playoffs.gif]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-21-2021, 06:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 03:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I doubt it could be turned around that fast but we've seen it happen before in the NFL so it's not impossible. It just takes the right coach and 3 or 4 key player additions.
Browns got turned around REAL fast.

They almost won last night with their 3rd string corner because they got the right coach and GM.

Exactly. The worst team and the best teams in the NFL aren't really separated by that much but they're gonna have to hit three or four home runs from a personnel standpoint, get the right coaches in, and most importantly Trevor is going to have to take some huge steps. 

Doing all that in one year is difficult but it's not impossible.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

This is the most important off season coming up. HuGE

(12-21-2021, 06:19 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 06:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Browns got turned around REAL fast.

They almost won last night with their 3rd string corner because they got the right coach and GM.

Exactly. The worst team and the best teams in the NFL aren't really separated by that much but they're gonna have to hit three or four home runs from a personnel standpoint, get the right coaches in, and most importantly Trevor is going to have to take some huge steps. 

It's not impossible. I agree.

IT'S [BLEEP] IMPOSSIBLE.

This team still has to finish this season off and then we have to hope like hell that Khan cleans house and gets the next two hires correct at GM and HC in that order.

It has to be quick, or, not so quick. If he likes candidates on play off teams it puts them behind the 8 ball a bit.

Then it's March with free agency already. I don't know. Going to be interesting for sure. Just feels extremely desparate and urgent now.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-21-2021, 06:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [Image: jim-mora-playoffs.gif]

That was exactly my reaction.

(12-21-2021, 06:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 06:19 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Exactly. The worst team and the best teams in the NFL aren't really separated by that much but they're gonna have to hit three or four home runs from a personnel standpoint, get the right coaches in, and most importantly Trevor is going to have to take some huge steps. 

It's not impossible. I agree.

IT'S [BLEEP] IMPOSSIBLE.

This team still has to finish this season off and then we have to hope like hell that Khan cleans house and gets the next two hires correct at GM and HC in that order.

It has to be quick, or, not so quick. If he likes candidates on play off teams it puts them behind the 8 ball a bit.

Then it's March with free agency already. I don't know. Going to be interesting for sure. Just feels extremely desparate and urgent now.

Jags should try and take the blueprint from the Browns to a T.

JRob and Hunt can be Chubb and ETN.
Be aggressive with the OLine in the draft and FA.
Be aggressive with trading for a proven WR talent (although OBJ didn’t work, the idea was right)
Get another pass rusher with Thibs or Hutch
Add young secondary players

Browns just didn’t have the QB like the Jags have.