Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags in the Playoffs Next Year???

(12-27-2021, 08:41 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: So if they aren't making it next year and the overwhelming consensus is no way, when do they make it? A new rebuild starts next year, how long does the new staff get to turn it around? Two years, three?

If this offseason plays out well they could win 7 games next year (based on an initial schedule check) then with another good offseason be in the playoffs the following year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-27-2021, 08:41 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: So if they aren't making it next year and the overwhelming consensus is no way, when do they make it? A new rebuild starts next year, how long does the new staff get to turn it around? Two years, three?

A good coach along with competent player acquisition should make the team competitive next year. Once a team is competitive they can always make the playoffs. However, for the team to be a dominant playoffs mainstay it'll probably take more roster building as well as Trevor taking the next step and being able to will the team to a win or two a year against teams that seem like they're better than us.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 10:40 AM by RicoTx.)

They certainly better not [BLEEP] up FA and the draft again.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

When the word "Playoffs" is mentioned people think of superbowl contenders and division winners. Now that there's a 7th seed Wildcard spot .... the Jags just have to play .500 ball and get one or two breaks to sneak into the playoffs.

This team has the 3rd most cap space, 12 draft picks, a 1st round pick returning from IR, and has the QB in place. They have cornerstone pieces in guys like Josh Allen; and then some other nice players to build around: Shaq Griffin, Tyson Campbell, Myles Jack, etc.

most of the draft picks they selected last year were raw, inexperienced or otherwise developmental. I think that a slow build was always the plan and that we got value from where the players were slated to be drafted. Now not playing those rookies this year was a mistake; but I think that this team can turn around quickly. Do I think we make the playoffs next year ... Snowball's chance in July. Do I think it should be as soundly ridiculed as an idea as the national media is saying? Also no. 5-12 is my estimation on where the team should be next year as of right now, like that's the bar I want the new regime to clear at the very least; if we get competency in the organization I think we could ascend very quickly like the 2017 roster did.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!