Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dylan Moses

Here is a guy that if can get back to 100% could be huge for our defense next year.  I was just about to make a thread a few days ago about him to see if any updates

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...67148?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Help at LB would be welcome

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...67148?s=20

this is an intriguing player. would have been a first rounder potentially if no knee issues.

Good, getting better linebackers is a necessity and Moses had upside. I hope the injury hasn't destroyed that but that we'll see.

That's going to be exciting to see him on the field. Who knows how what the jags have here with this guy. Jags need some good luck. Hidden gem?

IIRC he was pretty bad and a lot slower the last time he played in college. Tho there was a point where he was considered a sure fire top 10-15 pick so I guess time will tell if he's gotten back to that.

His recovery in no way should effect our plans at LB moving forward. I really hope he gets back to the point he was, before the injury and he can compete for a starting position, but I'm not counting on it. I still believe we should double-dip at the ILB in the draft. Take one "thumper" who can help clog the middle and another ILB who can cover TE's. Right now, we have neither.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 04:52 PM by Bullseye.)

I have wanted an update on him for weeks. This seems promising.

It's about time we got some good news, between this, Rock Armstead's and Dan Arnold's return.

(12-22-2021, 04:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: His recovery in no way should effect our plans at LB moving forward. I really hope he gets back to the point he was, before the injury and he can compete for a starting position, but I'm not counting on it. I still believe we should double-dip at the ILB in the draft. Take one "thumper" who can help clog the middle and another ILB who can cover TE's. Right now, we have neither.

We need to double dip at a lot of positions.

In fact, we need to triple dip along the O Line.

I'm not sure we have enough picks to effectively do that and address all of the positions, unless we luck out on a late pick or two.

Even if we wound up with the #1 overall pick and traded back, I still doubt that would be good enough. 

Nevertheless, I'm eager to see what Moses can do...if not late this year then by next training camp.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This draft needs to be wr and o line. It's all about getting #16 everything he needs for season 2. With the draft and free agency, the jags can put together a team that can make a run at the playoffs soon if they hit right

(12-22-2021, 05:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: This draft needs to be wr and o line. It's all about getting #16 everything he needs for season 2. With the draft and free agency, the jags can put together a team that can make a run at the playoffs soon if they hit right

Agreed.

My question is whether the greater emphasis/priority should go to the offensive line or receivers/TE in terms of draft position and numerically.

Were it up to me right now, I'd focus early on WRs/TEs, and bolster OL in the mid rounds.

Maybe split the difference with the first two picks (ie line then WR or TE)?

(12-22-2021, 05:27 PM)Newton Wrote: Maybe split the difference with the first two picks (ie line then WR or TE)?

I could easily see that happening since both are huge needs and critical to TLs success.

Putting free agency aside for the moment, if the team somehow trades back to around 9-10, I could see them taking Charles Cross if Jameson Williams is off the board or cive versa.

Free agency would also held dictate the draft strategy.

If we do anything other than BAP and take one of the rushers it’s a mistake.

Everywhere is a need. Take the best guy.

To quote Leigh Anne Tuohy
Because, as every housewife knows, the first check you write is for the mortgage, but the second is for the insurance. The left tackle's job is to protect the quarterback from what he can't see coming. To protect his blind side.

Take the best Offensive lineman and move on
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The Jags better not draft anyone other than Hutch/Thib in the first two picks.

(12-22-2021, 04:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: His recovery in no way should effect our plans at LB moving forward. I really hope he gets back to the point he was, before the injury and he can compete for a starting position, but I'm not counting on it. I still believe we should double-dip at the ILB in the draft. Take one "thumper" who can help clog the middle and another ILB who can cover TE's. Right now, we have neither.

I would rather look into FA for a LB, and save the pick for offense. But I do agree, his recovery should not effect our plans at backer during the offseason.

Dylan Moses was the leading tackler on the 2020 NCAA Championship team playing on an injured knee. The kid has is very athletic and talented.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(12-22-2021, 04:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I have wanted an update on him for weeks.  This seems promising.

It's about time we got some good news, between this, Rock Armstead's and Dan Arnold's return.

We need to double dip at a lot of positions.

In fact, we need to triple dip along the O Line.

I'm not sure we have enough picks to effectively do that and address all of the positions, unless we luck out on a late pick or two.

Even if we wound up with the #1 overall pick and traded back, I still doubt that would be good enough. 

Nevertheless, I'm eager to see what Moses can do...if not late this year then by next training camp.

Agreed. I'd double dip at ILB, OLB and WR and I would add at least 3 O-Linemen. Preferably an OT, Center and an OG/OT. That's nine picks. I'd also like to add a Safety, TE and a pass rushing DE/DT. 

We have 12 picks, so we enough to do it, but depending on what we do in free agency, some areas may have to be scaled back a bit. If we traded Myles Jack, we could add one more. If I don't get to draft a CB, it's o.k. Since we went to zone coverage, I'm satisfied enough with our current starters, but if a CB is tops on my board, during any pick, I'm taking one. It's just not a priority. 

I'm not expecting miracles in 2022. I'd like to see a marked improvement though. That is a must. The record doesn't really matter. If we were to get back to .500 in 2023 and pushed for a playoff spot in 2024, I'd be fine with that. As bad as we are, we should all know this is gonna be a slow process. 

I really liked Moses before he was injured. I'm hoping he gets back to 100%. I'm just not gonna bank on it. We could use a lot of help at ILB.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 02:05 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-22-2021, 05:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 05:12 PM)Jag88 Wrote: This draft needs to be wr and o line. It's all about getting #16 everything he needs for season 2. With the draft and free agency, the jags can put together a team that can make a run at the playoffs soon if they hit right

Agreed.

My question is whether the greater emphasis/priority should go to the offensive line or receivers/TE in terms of draft position and numerically.

Were it up to me right now, I'd focus early on WRs/TEs, and bolster OL in the mid rounds.

Totally agree. We gotta double dip early on WR's. In a mock I just finished, I have us going Jahan Dotson of Penn State at the top of round 2 and then drafting Charleston Rambo of Miami (Fla.) in round round 4. I'm not too worried about TE, because this is a very deep TE class. I have us currently taking Jelani Woods of Virginia with one of our 6th round picks. He just declared and he has a ton of upside. When it comes to the O-Line, I have us taking OT Max Mitchell of Louisiana with our second pick in round 3 and in in the 5th I have us taking C/OG Nick Ford of Utah. I also have us using our first pick in round 7 on OG/OT Jack Snyder of San Jose State. I was high on him last season. Mitchell can play either OT position, Ford has played everywhere on the O-Line and is excelling at Center and Snyder is an OT, that may project better as an OG. Add this group with Little and Bartch and we should have a decent O-Line, especially if we are able to land a free agent or two. It might take time for them to gel though. I think our O-Line is gonna be very young next year.

(12-22-2021, 07:49 PM)NoShoes Wrote: If we do anything other than BAP and take one of the rushers it’s a mistake.

Everywhere is a need. Take the best guy.

Agreed.

I would go best available player with every single pick. Trevor Lawrence needs playmakers and game changers. Then we can open up the checkbook in FA.