Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(03-20-2022, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 11:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Of course I thought we were gonna sign guys. I said no tier 1 talent was gonna come here and I admitted I was wrong when we signed Brandon Scherff and Darious Williams. We mainly did sign tier 2 and 3 talent though. Foye Oluokun is a rising NFL player, but he was still tier 2. I believe he will someday be considered a tier 1 guy, hopefully very soon. Folorunso Futukasi was tier 2, Christian Kirk was tier 2, Evan Engram used to be tier 1, but injuries caused him to take a 1 year prove it deal, so he is a tier 2 guy and Zay Jones is a tier 3 guy. All together we did fare better than I thought we would. I never thought we could've landed Scherff and Williams. I was wrong on that one. 

Like I said, no matter the talent level we would've signed, those players would've probably automatically become starters no matter who they were. We only won 3 games last season, so anyone we signed could've been an upgrade, even slightly. This team lacked talent all across the board.
You just said alot did yet you didnt and i dont think most thought we would come out of FA with that many starters.  Most thought Kirk was the 2nd best WR behind Allen Robinson yet you cried about ARob because you didn't want him.  We had the best FA class across the league.  I don't see how you can cry about this FA class when we had one of the best in history along with the 2017 class.  6 starters

(03-20-2022, 06:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A. Players don't have a say where they go, unless they have a no-trade clause and that is a rare thing nowadays. No one we have discussed as potential WR targets had/has a no-trade clause. 

B. If players don't wanna come here then why in the hell did we retain Baalke? Isn't that what we thought would happen? One way or the other, not getting any quality WR's via free agency or trade all falls squarely on the front office.
Players do have a say were they go.  Nobody is going to trade for a player that don't want to play for them.  Remember Yawn and Ramsey?  Neither had a no trade clause but they didn't want to play here anymore so we had to get rid of them.  It would be idiotic to keep someone pr trade that don't want to play for your team.  I don't want anyone that do t want to be here. Who is the tier 1 NT and LB that we should of brought I?

I'm specifically talking about the WR position. We did improve in other areas. I'm not arguing that at all, but when it comes to the area that Trevor Lawrence needed the most help in, we didn't do much at all. I said before free agency that I didn't like any of the WR's that were available and stated my desire to trade for a good one. Outside of Davante Adams, who I knew would get franchised, I didn't wanna sign any FA WR. There just wasn't any quality players. We ended up drastically overspending on an average slot receiver and overspending on a guy who couldn't even hold D.J. Chark's jock strap. I thought the best option would be to re-sign Chark and hope he stayed healthy. 

You believe what you wanna believe. You're living in a fantasy land. There is a HUGE difference between wanting out of the team you already play for and being traded to a new team. Do you think we consulted Ramsey or Ngakoue where they wanted to go before we traded them? Of course not. We took the best deal we got and the team they went to had to deal with them. It's buyer beware when you trade for a player. 

I don't believe NT was even a need. I liked what we had in DaVon Hamilton and Malcolm Brown. I thought they did a good job last season. As far as LB, there was no tier 1 guys, imo. We signed the guy we should have signed. He may not be a tier 1 guy, but as I already explained, he is an ascending young player and I believe he will be a tier 1 LB very soon. I never criticized this pick at all. The addition of Foye Oluokun was actually one of my favorite signings.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2022, 10:55 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1...20673?s=21

I'd be willing to bet the Jags didn't even inquire about him. I think Baalke is so delusional, he probably believes Kirk is a #1 receiver.

(03-20-2022, 10:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You just said alot did yet you didnt and i dont think most thought we would come out of FA with that many starters.  Most thought Kirk was the 2nd best WR behind Allen Robinson yet you cried about ARob because you didn't want him.  We had the best FA class across the league.  I don't see how you can cry about this FA class when we had one of the best in history along with the 2017 class.  6 starters

Players do have a say were they go.  Nobody is going to trade for a player that don't want to play for them.  Remember Yawn and Ramsey?  Neither had a no trade clause but they didn't want to play here anymore so we had to get rid of them.  It would be idiotic to keep someone pr trade that don't want to play for your team.  I don't want anyone that do t want to be here. Who is the tier 1 NT and LB that we should of brought I?

I'm specifically talking about the WR position. We did improve in other areas. I'm not arguing that at all, but when it comes to the area that Trevor Lawrence needed the most help in, we didn't do much at all. I said before free agency that I didn't like any of the WR's that were available and stated my desire to trade for a good one. Outside of Davante Adams, who I knew would get franchised, I didn't wanna sign any FA WR. There just wasn't any quality players. We ended up drastically overspending on an average slot receiver and overspending on a guy who couldn't even hold D.J. Chark's jock strap. I thought the best option would be to re-sign Chark and hope he stayed healthy. 

You believe what you wanna believe. You're living in a fantasy land. There is a HUGE difference between wanting out of the team you already play for and being traded to a new team. Do you think we consulted Ramsey or Ngakoue where they wanted to go before we traded them? Of course not. We took the best deal we got and the team they went to had to deal with them. It's buyer beware when you trade for a player. 

I don't believe NT was even a need. I liked what we had in DaVon Hamilton and Malcolm Brown. I thought they did a good job last season. As far as LB, there was no tier 1 guys, imo. We signed the guy we should have signed. He may not be a tier 1 guy, but as I already explained, he is an ascending young player and I believe he will be a tier 1 LB very soon. I never criticized this pick at all. The addition of Foye Oluokun was actually one of my favorite signings.

Malcolm Brown is a free agent after this season and DaVon Hamilton is developing but his play was still pretty inconsistent.

The Jags also ranked 23rd in yards allowed on the ground last year. Upgrading run defense was indeed a need. The two best ways to do that are DT and ILB. They did both even though half of the ILB equation is yet unsolved. 
I can't imagine faulting the NT addition we made. Very wise free agent move IMO. 

Nothing personal, but every time the Jags make a move that doesn't fit some incredibly specific parameters you've set your heart on, you tend to lash out with some off-the-charts hyperbole. 
Respectfully - I don't think it's quite as bad as you're making it out to be. 

None of us are thrilled with the current state of the Jags receiving corps, but it's still mid-March. 
And the Jags have better hands available to Trevor Lawrence than he had in 2021 with another addition almost assuredly on the way.  

TBA Early Draft Pick + Kirk + Engram + Z.Jones is a solid upgrade for a 2nd year promising QB. 
If Lawrence's line protects marginally better than last season - these additions should help him produce respectfully in Pederson's offense. 

I never expected a team with this many blatant hurdles to overcome to hit a home run in free agency since so many players want to go to immediate contenders - but we may have actually cracked one awkwardly off the backstop for a stand up double.

(03-20-2022, 11:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 10:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm specifically talking about the WR position. We did improve in other areas. I'm not arguing that at all, but when it comes to the area that Trevor Lawrence needed the most help in, we didn't do much at all. I said before free agency that I didn't like any of the WR's that were available and stated my desire to trade for a good one. Outside of Davante Adams, who I knew would get franchised, I didn't wanna sign any FA WR. There just wasn't any quality players. We ended up drastically overspending on an average slot receiver and overspending on a guy who couldn't even hold D.J. Chark's jock strap. I thought the best option would be to re-sign Chark and hope he stayed healthy. 

Malcolm Brown is a free agent after this season and DaVon Hamilton is developing but his play was still pretty inconsistent.

The Jags also ranked 23rd in yards allowed on the ground last year. Upgrading run defense was indeed a need. The two best ways to do that are DT and ILB. They did both even though half of the ILB equation is yet unsolved. 
I can't imagine faulting the NT addition we made. Very wise free agent move IMO. 

Nothing personal, but every time the Jags make a move that doesn't fit some incredibly specific parameters you've set your heart on, you tend to lash out with some off-the-charts hyperbole. 

None of us are thrilled with the current state of the Jags receiving corps, but it's still mid-March. 
And the Jags have better hands available to Trevor Lawrence than he had in 2021 with another addition almost assuredly on the way.  

TBA Early Draft Pick + Kirk + Engram + Z.Jones is a solid upgrade for a 2nd year promising QB. 
If Lawrence's line protects marginally better than last season - these additions should help him produce respectfully in Pederson's offense. 

I never expected a team with this many blatant hurdles to overcome to hit a home run in free agency since so many players want to go to immediate contenders - but we may have actually cracked one awkwardly off the backstop for a stand up double.

Brown is a FA after this season, so I'd deal with it then. Right now, I like him and Hamilton. As far as ranking 23rd in rushing yards allowed, much of that had to do with the terrible play of both our ILB's. Jack and Wilson were putrid. Thank God we will be starting over at the position. Foye Oloukun is better than both those guys combined. I just think the money we spent on NT, would've been spent wiser by using it to trade for a good WR and possibly extending them. 

I just don't see a significant difference in the WR unit. How is Trevor supposed to grow as a QB when he has no decent targets? Unless we trade up into round 1, I just don't see a difference making WR falling to us at #33. With Green Bay now needing a WR, I see all of the top guys gone by pick #22 and after London, Williams, Olave, Wilson and Dotson, I see a huge dropoff at the position. I still think there is good receivers to be had, but I don't see much of a difference between the guys who fall to round 2 and the ones in round 6. They are pretty much all hit and miss. It's a deep WR draft, but they guys at the top are the cream of the crop. 

It depends on who the early round pick is. Kirk is an average slot receiver, Engram is good, but he has to prove he can stay healthy. He's only played a full season once out of the last 5 years and I'm not even sure Zay Jones is good enough to make the final roster. I just don't see much of a difference in the receivers, even with better protection. 

We definitely got better on defense. I'm not arguing that. I believe we got better at OG as well and if Engram stays healthy (which is a big "if",) we got better at TE, but this team cannot have an average slot receiver as it's top WR.

Brown was the that good last year and Hamilton is a average NT at best, he is better at pushing the pocket and pressuring the QB. I think Hamilton at DE in a 3-4 will be a better position for our defense nest to Allen or Hutch

Crazy to think a slot WR putting up 982 yards is a average slot WR. We need some more of these average players. It's good to know that Kirk will also have a QB that can see over the line

(03-20-2022, 11:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 10:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm specifically talking about the WR position. We did improve in other areas. I'm not arguing that at all, but when it comes to the area that Trevor Lawrence needed the most help in, we didn't do much at all. I said before free agency that I didn't like any of the WR's that were available and stated my desire to trade for a good one. Outside of Davante Adams, who I knew would get franchised, I didn't wanna sign any FA WR. There just wasn't any quality players. We ended up drastically overspending on an average slot receiver and overspending on a guy who couldn't even hold D.J. Chark's jock strap. I thought the best option would be to re-sign Chark and hope he stayed healthy. 

Agree with this, we were improved in run D last year but in our division we have arguably the 2 best RBs in the league so stopping the run is paramount.  We still need to improve there.  Hutch is also good against the run so that will be another improvement and I think we get another LB to help there.  The addition of Williams in the slot and Hutch will he a huge help in the pass D so we are upgrading the defense across the board.  I really like what we have done so far even before the draft

(03-20-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy to think a slot WR putting up 982 yards is a average slot WR. We need some more of these average players. It's good to know that Kirk will also have a QB that can see over the line

982 yards in 17 games is just not that impressive dude.

(03-20-2022, 12:26 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy to think a slot WR putting up 982 yards is a average slot WR.  We need some more of these average players.  It's good to know that Kirk will also have a QB that can see over the line

982 yards in 17 games is just not that impressive dude.

I disagree dude.  How many slot WRs had over that?

(03-20-2022, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 10:55 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1...20673?s=21

I'd be willing to bet the Jags didn't even inquire about him. I think Baalke is so delusional, he probably believes Kirk is a #1 receiver.

Everything I've read has made it clear they pretty much let woods pick his destination so blaming this on baalke is just disingenuous

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 12:54 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2022, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:26 PM)Upper Wrote: 982 yards in 17 games is just not that impressive dude.

I disagree dude.  How many slot WRs had over that?

Kupp, Deebo, Tyreek, Lockett, Diontae, Keenan, Godwin, Ceedee, and Renfrow all played more than 50% of their snaps from the slot and all had over 1k yards. Many of those played less than 17 games too.

Kirk is a pretty good player, you don't have to blow him up into some elite anything just because he is now a Jaguar.

(03-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree dude.  How many slot WRs had over that?

Kupp, Deebo, Tyreek, Lockett, Diontae, Keenan, Godwin, Ceedee, and Renfrow all played more than 50% of their snaps from the slot and all had over 1k yards. Many of those played less than 17 games too.
Deebo, Hill, Locket, Keenan, all play outside a lot as well.  Can we see the % for all these guys in the slot including Kirk?

(03-20-2022, 12:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Kupp, Deebo, Tyreek, Lockett, Diontae, Keenan, Godwin, Ceedee, and Renfrow all played more than 50% of their snaps from the slot and all had over 1k yards. Many of those played less than 17 games too.
Deebo, Hill, Locket, Keenan, all play outside a lot as well.  Can we see the % for all these guys in the slot including Kirk?

Kirk plays outside a lot too, and he's going to be an outside receiver for us when we aren't in 11 personnel. In 3 WR sets all of those players I listed were primarily in the slot.

(03-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree dude.  How many slot WRs had over that?

That's actually not a long list if you're trying to make the argument that 982 yds is unimpressive. 

Looks like you're not aiding your position here. 

I, personally consider him an above average but not great receiver with some limitations, but his production from the slot - extra game or not - is pretty darn good. 

We overpaid for "not the best available guy" but it's fully what I expected given all of the circumstances. He should be a valuable asset if we land an X in the draft and improve Lawrence's clean pocket time.

(03-20-2022, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Kupp, Deebo, Tyreek, Lockett, Diontae, Keenan, Godwin, Ceedee, and Renfrow all played more than 50% of their snaps from the slot and all had over 1k yards. Many of those played less than 17 games too.

That's actually not a long list if you're trying to make the argument that 982 yds is unimpressive. 

I, personally consider him an above average but not great receiver with some limitations, but his production from the slot - extra game or not - is pretty darn good. 

We overpaid for "not the best available guy" but it's fully what I expected given all of the circumstances. He should be a valuable asset if we land an X in the draft and improve Lawrence's clean pocket time.

It's a long list for only slot receivers. And really only slot receivers who stayed mostly healthy.

(03-20-2022, 01:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's actually not a long list if you're trying to make the argument that 982 yds is unimpressive. 

It's a long list for only slot receivers. And really only slot receivers who stayed mostly healthy.

Telling a Jaguars fan they now have the 10th most productive slot receiver in the league after they couldn't field the 20th best anything last season has got to be some of your more hollow pessimism in quite a while, LOL.

(03-20-2022, 01:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 01:19 PM)Upper Wrote: It's a long list for only slot receivers. And really only slot receivers who stayed mostly healthy.

Telling a Jaguars fan they now have the 10th most productive slot receiver in the league after they couldn't field the 20th best anything last season has got to be some of your more hollow pessimism in quite a while, LOL.

10th best slot receiver paid as a top 10 overall receiver is a good way to classify it.

The Bengals got Collins.

(03-20-2022, 04:43 PM)Upper Wrote: The Bengals got Collins.

Dammit.

Makes perfect sense for them though.

They will be tough to beat next year if they remain healthy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!