Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(01-04-2022, 02:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They were talking about this yesterday on 1010XL. Would you give up the 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall pick for D.K Metcalf? They all said yes.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. I would be a little greedy though. I'll either swap 1's and take Adam's from Green Bay or Metcalf for the pick but I would want at least a 2nd or 3rd + a future pick.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't just because of how many needs we have and we still need a pass rusher and a OT.  I'd just sign Mike Williams, resign Chark, and draft of of these WRs that fall to the 2nd

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#1 overall for DK would be a steal for us.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 05:16 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-04-2022, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 02:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: They were talking about this yesterday on 1010XL. Would you give up the 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall pick for D.K Metcalf? They all said yes.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. I would be a little greedy though. I'll either swap 1's and take Adam's from Green Bay or Metcalf for the pick but I would want at least a 2nd or 3rd + a future pick.

I wouldn't just because of how many needs we have and we still need a pass rusher and a OT.  I'd just sign Mike Williams, resign Chark, and draft of of these WRs that fall to the 2nd

The way I see it is this. I doubt they'll be able to fit and find everything they need this off season. Depending on the next hire. If he's offensive minded and he thinks he can fix most of this with one training camp. You may want more defense. If he's defensive minded. You're probably going in the opposite direction and looking for weapons on offense to mask the fact that you're not very good at that side of the football.

I still think you're going to need to sign an additional receiver, regardless of the draft or any kind of top shelf trade deal being made for a player of Metcalf or Adams' caliber. This team has a void at that position. I think you need to resign Chark, keep Jones and Treadwell. Get Agnew some coaching to tap into his untapped potential he showed last year. Still target a trade, if it's even possible, aim to sign receivers like Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, Allen Robinson, Will Fuller & Michael Gallup. Still target a receiver in the draft whether that's Dotson, London, Burks, Bell or Ross, etc. 

They need to make sure they leave no doubt in 2022 that they tried everything they could for Lawrence. At least on paper the fans and media can say they tried. I know some people were not a fan of me saying this previously but I am throwing a [BLEEP] TON of money at Chandler Jones if he's on the market. I am also looking at bringing back Calais Campbell on a one year deal and possibly Randy Gregory if Dallas can't keep him during the market's opening. 

They need to walk out of free agency and the draft with:

1. A pair of top caliber pass rushers or a combination of top caliber and mid to above average play.
2. A pair of top caliber receivers with maybe one of them being a threat out of the slot. 
3. A pair of top caliber offensive lineman with one being capable of pushing Taylor out of his job at RT and/or keeping Little's progression up at LT this summer. 
4. A compliment to Dan Arnold at the tight end position to give Lawrence a pair of safety blankets. 
5. At least one runningback that can be ready to go with Robinson and Etienne still on the mend and coming back from significant injuries at the position. Ideally Conner or Edmonds from Arizona. 

Those are the primary points to hit in this off season. I would add linebacker to the mix but this class doesn't really stand out to me. They could maybe look at someone like Chad Muma, Quay Walker or Mike Rose late in the draft to play inside. Maybe Nolan Smith or Jack Campbell to play outside. Just not a very deep linebacker class in my opinion. At least not where we'll be slotted in the draft value wise.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-04-2022, 05:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wouldn't just because of how many needs we have and we still need a pass rusher and a OT.  I'd just sign Mike Williams, resign Chark, and draft of of these WRs that fall to the 2nd

The way I see it is this. I doubt they'll be able to fit and find everything they need this off season. Depending on the next hire. If he's offensive minded and he thinks he can fix most of this with one training camp. You may want more defense. If he's defensive minded. You're probably going in the opposite direction and looking for weapons on offense to mask the fact that you're not very good at that side of the football.

I still think you're going to need to sign an additional receiver, regardless of the draft or any kind of top shelf trade deal being made for a player of Metcalf or Adams' caliber. This team has a void at that position. I think you need to resign Chark, keep Jones and Treadwell. Get Agnew some coaching to tap into his untapped potential he showed last year. Still target a trade, if it's even possible, aim to sign receivers like Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, Allen Robinson, Will Fuller & Michael Gallup. Still target a receiver in the draft whether that's Dotson, London, Burks, Bell or Ross, etc. 

They need to make sure they leave no doubt in 2022 that they tried everything they could for Lawrence. At least on paper the fans and media can say they tried. I know some people were not a fan of me saying this previously but I am throwing a [BLEEP] TON of money at Chandler Jones if he's on the market. I am also looking at bringing back Calais Campbell on a one year deal and possibly Randy Gregory if Dallas can't keep him during the market's opening. 

They need to walk out of free agency and the draft with:

1. A pair of top caliber pass rushers or a combination of top caliber and mid to above average play.
2. A pair of top caliber receivers with maybe one of them being a threat out of the slot. 
3. A pair of top caliber offensive lineman with one being capable of pushing Taylor out of his job at RT and/or keeping Little's progression up at LT this summer. 
4. A compliment to Dan Arnold at the tight end position to give Lawrence a pair of safety blankets. 
5. At least one runningback that can be ready to go with Robinson and Etienne still on the mend and coming back from significant injuries at the position. Ideally Conner or Edmonds from Arizona. 

Those are the primary points to hit in this off season. I would add linebacker to the mix but this class doesn't really stand out to me. They could maybe look at someone like Chad Muma, Quay Walker or Mike Rose late in the draft to play inside. Maybe Nolan Smith or Jack Campbell to play outside. Just not a very deep linebacker class in my opinion. At least not where we'll be slotted in the draft value wise.
If we could get Armstead and Chandler Jones like you said in FA then I would have no problem trading the first pick for Metcalf, I think DK is one of the best WRs in the league but we have so many needs and we could get a our book end tackle or the pass rusher opposite of Josh Allen with the first pick and get our WRs in the draft and FA like a Mike Williams who is a damn good WR

(01-04-2022, 04:24 PM)Upper Wrote: #1 overall for DK would be a steal for us.

I would do that in a heartbeat, but why would Seattle make that deal? He's their #1 WR.

They wouldn't

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 07:30 AM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

Metcalf being traded is possible if Seattle is looking to blow it all up soon. There's been a lot of grumbling about Carroll and Wilson not being there much longer. Since the defense aged, moved on or was dismantled they have been unable to recapture that consistency from a few years ago that put them on the map. They were getting bounced out early in the play offs over the previous three years. The last seven days there's been a lot of reports over Wilson Vs. Carroll which is the same exact dialogue that was taking place when it came down to Brady Vs. Belichick.

Meanwhile, virtually every other team in that division has leaped them ranking and talent wise. They're probably a solid two to three years behind the Rams, Cardinals and 49ERS now as it stands. This would be the prime opportunity for them to start making moves, trades, deals, etc. to begin a proper rebuild while some of their players have real value and they're looking to avoid any mega contract talks and extensions looming in 2023 and beyond.

Makes a lot of sense actually. They're already entering this draft in April with limited selections. They have no first round pick. They have a second, a third, a pair of four's, a fifth and a seventh. Not a ton of hope or promise there. They will be 7th in cap space availability, however, they're looking at quality players hitting the market in 2022 in the next two months. Probably, once again, looking at a lot of positions and holes to fill on the offensive line and backfield.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-05-2022, 07:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Metcalf being traded is possible if Seattle is looking to blow it all up soon. There's been a lot of grumbling about Carroll and Wilson not being there much longer. Since the defense aged, moved on or was dismantled they have been unable to recapture that consistency from a few years ago that put them on the map. They were getting bounced out early in the play offs over the previous three years. The last seven days there's been a lot of reports over Wilson Vs. Carroll which is the same exact dialogue that was taking place when it came down to Brady Vs. Belichick.

Meanwhile, virtually every other team in that division has leaped them ranking and talent wise. They're probably a solid two to three years behind the Rams, Cardinals and 49ERS now as it stands. This would be the prime opportunity for them to start making moves, trades, deals, etc. to begin a proper rebuild while some of their players have real value and they're looking to avoid any mega contract talks and extensions looming in 2023 and beyond.

Makes a lot of sense actually. They're already entering this draft in April with limited selections. They have no first round pick. They have a second, a third, a pair of four's, a fifth and a seventh. Not a ton of hope or promise there. They will be 7th in cap space availability, however, they're looking at quality players hitting the market in 2022 in the next two months. Probably, once again, looking at a lot of positions and holes to fill on the offensive line and backfield.
https://twitter.com/RealMBB/status/14787...30816?s=20

(01-05-2022, 11:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 07:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Metcalf being traded is possible if Seattle is looking to blow it all up soon. There's been a lot of grumbling about Carroll and Wilson not being there much longer. Since the defense aged, moved on or was dismantled they have been unable to recapture that consistency from a few years ago that put them on the map. They were getting bounced out early in the play offs over the previous three years. The last seven days there's been a lot of reports over Wilson Vs. Carroll which is the same exact dialogue that was taking place when it came down to Brady Vs. Belichick.

If this is true, I go after Metcalf 100%.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 11:41 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Even if Wilson leaves and Seattle goes in rebuild mode I think Metcalf is one of the few pieces they keep being hes still young and can be part of their rebuild. If anything I think they would try to trade Locket and a guy like Bobby Wagner. All that was, was just they guys on 1010xl bringing up a hypothetical the other day so people brought it to twitter

(01-05-2022, 11:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Even if Wilson leaves and Seattle goes in rebuild mode I think Metcalf is one of the few pieces they keep being hes still young and can be part of their rebuild.  If anything I think they would try to trade Locket and a guy like Bobby Wagner.  All that was, was just they guys on 1010xl bringing up a hypothetical the other day so people brought it to twitter

Hell, I'd take Lockett and Wagner.

(01-05-2022, 11:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 11:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Even if Wilson leaves and Seattle goes in rebuild mode I think Metcalf is one of the few pieces they keep being hes still young and can be part of their rebuild.  If anything I think they would try to trade Locket and a guy like Bobby Wagner.  All that was, was just they guys on 1010xl bringing up a hypothetical the other day so people brought it to twitter

Hell, I'd take Lockett and Wagner.

You gonna give up our high draft picks to get a couple guys in their 30s?  Both still really good but no thank you, Id rather draft a few guys.  Lockett and Wagner aint gonna make us a playoff team.

(01-05-2022, 11:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

If Sean Payton is on the market as a coach. He's now our number one priority. I would pursue him over Doug Pederson and Jim Caldwell. No questions asked. I absolutely agree with pursuing Metcalf. 

Seattle will have no reason to keep Metcalf. They would have to resolve the QB position, their offensive line situation as well as their backfield situation prior to even having anybody remotely close to making good connections with Metcalf in the passing game. 

I would go all in. I hope like hell Seattle is fixing to into a fire sale and starting shipping off anybody worth a damn. I would throw an early 4th RD pick at Seattle for Bobby Wagner in a heartbeat. He'll be 32 this summer and he'll be a solid stop gap solution for at least 2022 and 2023.

Getting Metcalf would be insane though. You make a trade for him now. Get ahead of free agency and the draft process and you might actually be able to use Metcalf's name to draw in additional receivers to counterbalance him as a competent No. 2 target or threat out of the slot.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 03:28 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-05-2022, 03:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 11:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/RealMBB/status/14787...30816?s=20

If Sean Payton is on the market as a coach. He's now our number one priority. I would pursue him over Doug Pederson and Jim Caldwell. No questions asked. I absolutely agree with pursuing Metcalf. 

Seattle will have no reason to keep Metcalf. They would have to resolve the QB position, their offensive line situation as well as their backfield situation prior to even having anybody remotely close to making good connections with Metcalf in the passing game. 

I would go all in. I hope like hell Seattle is fixing to into a fire sale and starting shipping off anybody worth a damn. I would throw an early 4th RD pick at Seattle for Bobby Wagner in a heartbeat. He'll be 32 this summer and he'll be a solid stop gap solution for at least 2022 and 2023.

Getting Metcalf would be insane though. You make a trade for him now. Get ahead of free agency and the draft process and you might actually be able to use Metcalf's name to draw in additional receivers to counterbalance him as a competent No. 2 target or threat out of the slot.
Lol, Seattle ain't gonna trade Metcalf if Wilson is there or not.  He is young enough to be in their rebuild.  The point of the rebuild is to start over and get players that are still young, Metcalf is still young and regardless of whoever their QB is they will want to have a WR that the QB can get the ball too.  Like I said, if Seattle is willing to trade one of their WRs it will be Lockett.  I'd love to have Lockett honestly

(01-05-2022, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If Sean Payton is on the market as a coach. He's now our number one priority. I would pursue him over Doug Pederson and Jim Caldwell. No questions asked. I absolutely agree with pursuing Metcalf. 

Lol, Seattle ain't gonna trade Metcalf if Wilson is there or not.  He is young enough to be in their rebuild.  The point of the rebuild is to start over and get players that are still young, Metcalf is still young and regardless of whoever their QB is they will want to have a WR that the QB can get the ball too.  Like I said, if Seattle is willing to trade one of their WRs it will be Lockett.  I'd love to have Lockett honestly
Metcalf will pull a Brown, Beckham Jr. or Ridley if he's stuck playing with a lame duck.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 04:54 PM by D6. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-05-2022, 03:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, Seattle ain't gonna trade Metcalf if Wilson is there or not.  He is young enough to be in their rebuild.  The point of the rebuild is to start over and get players that are still young, Metcalf is still young and regardless of whoever their QB is they will want to have a WR that the QB can get the ball too.  Like I said, if Seattle is willing to trade one of their WRs it will be Lockett.  I'd love to have Lockett honestly
Metcalf will pull a Brown, Beckham Jr. or Ridley if he's stuck playing with a lame duck.

Related to what you mentioned, in the earlier parts of the Lions-Seahawks game this past Sunday, FOX-TV announcers Gus Johnson and Aqib Talib were heavily focusing on DK Metcalf's stats being way down, compared to early in the season. With what they believe was a disconnect with Russell Wilson on the field and that it was taking its toll on Metcalf's play.  Three TDs to Metcalf later, Johnson and Talib were highlighting what the successful opportunities (Feed the Beast' was the term they used) did for Metcalf's body language. With camera shots of Wilson and Metcalf enjoying the football moment with each other.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 08:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Now this is much more likely

https://twitter.com/DukesandBell929/stat...-likely%2F

Id give pick 33 and Viska for Ridley if the new staff talks to Ridley and they figure out what was wrong with him this year and if they truly believes that he wants to help this team and be Trevors number 1. He would have to agree on an extension as well.

(01-05-2022, 08:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Now this is much more likely

https://twitter.com/DukesandBell929/stat...-likely%2F

Id give pick 33 and Viska for Ridley if the new staff talks to Ridley and they figure out what was wrong with him this year and if they truly believes that he wants to help this team and be Trevors number 1.  He would have to agree on an extension as well.

No thanks. I don't deal with players who are struggling with mental issues. There is no way I'm giving up that high of a pick for a guy that I have no idea where his head is at. If he feels that he needed to take time away from the NFL, maybe it's better off for his mental well being for him to step away altogether. If he comes back and we do such a deal, what's to stop him from stepping away again next season? Then we've wasted a very high 2nd round pick. I'm not knocking the guy. He's a very good player and I wish him the best. I just think the move is way too risky.

They just re-upped Lockett this offseason so his dead-money hit would be crippling. It sucks, because in all honesty, I'd prefer Lockett, he's always under the radar when it comes to discussion of the top WR in the game, but almost always ends up making a big play.

Metcalf is still on his rookie deal, but I don't know that our first rounder alone is enough for that deal. I'd want more from them for that pick.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 12:17 PM by The Eleventh Doctor. Edited 1 time in total.)

A veteran WR
At least one offensive linemen
A veteran TE

All starter quality. And by starter quality, I mean "Starter on most teams in the NFL" not just "Starter on the Jags"