Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 16 - Jags @ jests***

(12-26-2021, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: In spite of the outcome and the crazy fumble, I think Lawrence had a pretty decent game. A couple of bad throws but nothing particularly terrible. To many drops for sure. It's hard to believe we don't lead the league in that category.

Meanwhile Jets Media and fans think Wilson had a good game and took a big step forward today LOL. That speaks volumes for how bad hes been this season if today was a big step for him.

Wilson did nothing as a passer today to impress me. His td run was spurred by not wanting to get a flag for a late hit out of bounds. Lawrence missed a few but he looked sharp and moved the ball, the lack of talent really let him down today, I think he’s definitely the answer at qb and we just need to gain stability and build around him
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 05:49 PM by Eric1.)

(12-26-2021, 05:40 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Meanwhile Jets Media and fans think Wilson had a good game and took a big step forward today LOL. That speaks volumes for how bad hes been this season if today was a big step for him.

I've been critical of Lawrence. But it's disingenuous to not admit it when he played well. I wouldn't call it a big step forward but it was a good game in spite of the loss. Of course, he was playing the Jets' defense.

Trevor's issues are in his footwork. Too often is he throwing off of one foot, which is why there's accuracy issues at times. He's not setting his feet often enough before he rips it. Something that's very fixable. He needs to work hard on his footwork/fundamentals this off season.

(12-26-2021, 05:45 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Meanwhile Jets Media and fans think Wilson had a good game and took a big step forward today LOL. That speaks volumes for how bad hes been this season if today was a big step for him.

Wilson did nothing as a passer today to impress me. His td run was spurred by not wanting to get a flag for a late hit out of bounds. Lawrence missed a few but he looked sharp and moved the ball, the lack of talent really let him down today, I think he’s definitely the answer at qb and we just need to gain stability and build around him

Yup, Trevor easily passes the eye test. Hes got some stuff to correct/work on in the off season, but he'll be just fine.

They badly need to get him more help/talent on Offense this off season though.

Yeah I think as a fan, while I do realize Lawrence has missed some throws, I realize he is the future of this franchise. He can definitely play ball. He flashes his unique talent at times, and he clearly has what it takes to be a leader. We have to be patient, which is hard due to all the hype.

I see people criticizing Trevor Lawrence.  I would remind them of his receiving targets.  Put aside Marvin Jones and below were his top targeted receivers today:

1.  Tavon Austin - A player who only caught 5 passes in 2020 and hadn't caught more than 13 passes in any of the three seasons prior to it.

2.  Laquon Treadwell - A player with only 6 receptions in 2020 and only 9 receptions in 2019.

3.  James O-Shaughnessy - A tight end who probably would have played sparingly today if Dan Arnold was healthy.  

4.  Jacob Hollister - A tight end who was acquired because he couldn't make another team's 53 man roster.  He was a healthy inactive for some games this year with the Jaguars when more of our other tight ends were healthy.

5.  Dare Ogunbowale - Our fourth string running back. 

6.  Walker Little - An offensive tackle.

With talent like that, how could Lawrence not have a good day!?!?!?!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021, 06:27 PM by Newton.)

I thought he was fine today. That side line throw was beautiful. Would of loved to see him throw a TD to end the game, but also I’m happy to have the number 1 pick as a consolation prize.

(12-26-2021, 05:27 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We have eliminated the Jets and Texans from contention of obtaining the #1 overall pick. The Lions and Jaguars will vie for this pick based on the last 2 weeks of the season.

From a realistic perspective, yes.  However, mathematically, that isn't true.  Hypothetically, the Jets and Texans could have the #1 pick if they lost out and the Jaguars and Lions won both of their remaining games.  The Jaguars mathematically could be picking as late as #5.  Of course, we know that realistically isn't happening.  

If the Jaguars do lose out, which is very likely, we would be guaranteed the #1 pick.  Even if the Jaguars magically get an upset in one of the remaining games, they are still guaranteed to be picking no worse than #2.  That means we get either Thibs or Hutch and I'm happy either way.  I did feel that there was a significant dropoff with the #3 spot.

(12-26-2021, 05:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: In spite of the outcome and the crazy fumble, I think Lawrence had a pretty decent game. A couple of bad throws but nothing particularly terrible. To many drops for sure. It's hard to believe we don't lead the league in that category.

Meanwhile Jets Media and fans think Wilson had a good game and took a big step forward today LOL. That speaks volumes for how bad hes been this season if today was a big step for him.

Wilson had some nice runs today, but from a passing perspective, he only finished with 102 passing yards.

(12-26-2021, 05:11 PM)jagman Wrote: Yes, piss poor coaching but piss poor decision by TL to spike the ball.
Schotty called the spike.

(12-26-2021, 04:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I was one of those that wanted us to switch to a 3-4 but looking at the Run D this year, im thinking a switch back to 4-3 may help us. I thought Allen and Chaisson would be better in the 3-4 but theyve not done much better.

I've had the same thought.  The big argument for the 3-4 was that we were misusing a first round pick in Chaisson, but he doesn't look good in either scheme.  I feel that Allen can play either.  If we go back to the 4-3, Myles Jack becomes much more effective.  One thing we were lacking in the 4-3 was another defensive end to compliment Allen, but with us all but guaranteed to be drafting in the top 2, we can get either Hutch or Thibs.  Switching back may be a consideration.

(12-26-2021, 09:52 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 04:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I was one of those that wanted us to switch to a 3-4 but looking at the Run D this year, im thinking a switch back to 4-3 may help us. I thought Allen and Chaisson would be better in the 3-4 but theyve not done much better.

I've had the same thought.  The big argument for the 3-4 was that we were misusing a first round pick in Chaisson, but he doesn't look good in either scheme.  I feel that Allen can play either.  If we go back to the 4-3, Myles Jack becomes much more effective.  One thing we were lacking in the 4-3 was another defensive end to compliment Allen, but with us all but guaranteed to be drafting in the top 2, we can get either Hutch or Thibs.  Switching back may be a consideration.
At least the next coaching staff will have options to run the defense how they want to. I don’t think we’re committed to anything after only a one year switch when the team was this bad.

(12-26-2021, 05:45 PM)Firesky Wrote:

Lawrence is the clear cut better QB of the two, that's for sure. That's a low, low bar, but it's something! Trevor can clean up a few things and be a good starter. Wilson has a lot more work to do and doesn't quite have all the physical tools TL has either. I'd still take him over Wilson.

(12-26-2021, 09:52 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

Hey wait a min. I think the run d was solid this season. You have to think that the defense never got any help from the offense. They had to play tired a lot. If they would have had some leads, imagine it. I've see the jags play horrible run d out of the 4-3. I'd rather have 4 good line backers out there if the jags can stack some line backers

(12-26-2021, 10:09 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 09:52 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I've had the same thought.  The big argument for the 3-4 was that we were misusing a first round pick in Chaisson, but he doesn't look good in either scheme.  I feel that Allen can play either.  If we go back to the 4-3, Myles Jack becomes much more effective.  One thing we were lacking in the 4-3 was another defensive end to compliment Allen, but with us all but guaranteed to be drafting in the top 2, we can get either Hutch or Thibs.  Switching back may be a consideration.

Hey wait a min. I think the run d was solid this season. You have to think that the defense never got any help from the offense. They had to play tired a lot. If they would have had some leads, imagine it. I've see the jags play horrible run d out of the 4-3. I'd rather have 4 good line backers out there if the jags can stack some line backers

The offense hanging them out to dry definitely hurt them. 

However, the rush D has allowed over 120 yds rushing in SIX games this year. Not so good.