Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shenault at RB next year?

J Rob and ETN both suffered major injuries. We do not even know if they will be back in productive form at all next year.

I'm not sold as Shenault as a wr. He has some experience and the body to play RB. I do not like the idea of getting a used RB on the free agent market to be our starter and do not want to spend draft capital on a RB.  Shenault has the power and speed to play RB and I believe he playing out of position at WR. Thoughts?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Try him out the last 2 games and see if he has any vision.

Way too early. Let's get through this season first? #10 is good when hes good, but hes not reliable. Too many drops. Drive killers.

He's a gadget player and needs to be used as such. Not as a true RB or WR, but whoever the next coaching staff consists of, they need to dedicate a certain section of the play book around getting the ball in his hands. Gotta scheme up some plays specifically for him.

The dude is like a bull in a china shop when hes got the ball in his hands. He's a tank. The problem is this coaching staff had no clue how to use him this year and he had way too many drops when they tried. Doesn't help that they ran off one of the all time great route runners in McCardell and hired a bum as the WR coach in his place, because it's very clear that Shenault regressed this season. The WR coach is definitely a reason why.

He really has to put a lot of work in if he decides that he wants to be an NFL caliber WR because he is very far from that right now.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Yes let's teach a WR that isn't good enough to be a RB in the NFL. Just cut him and sign an UDFA RB as they will be a lot better than him.

Either he puts in the work on his own this off-season or he may not have a roster spot.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I'd trade Shenault for whatever we can get for him. He's so bad, he's a detriment to this team. If we can't trade him, cut him.

(12-28-2021, 12:17 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: J Rob and ETN both suffered major injuries. We do not even know if they will be back in productive form at all next year.

I'm not sold as Shenault as a wr. He has some experience and the body to play RB. I do not like the idea of getting a used RB on the free agent market to be our starter and do not want to spend draft capital on a RB.  Shenault has the power and speed to play RB and I believe he playing out of position at WR. Thoughts?

No.

The time for half measures is over....or should be.

If the team has sufficient doubt about the complete return to health of Etienne and Robinson, then they need to draft a RB.  A healthy one.  Not one with a blown ACL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I was wrong about Shenault. He’s just not good. Maybe as a TE but not RB.

(12-28-2021, 12:17 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: J Rob and ETN both suffered major injuries. We do not even know if they will be back in productive form at all next year.

I think Agnew rendered him obsolete this season. He ends up cut during preseason.

Next year is always available to us for a patina of false hope.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Who cares we’re gonna suck anyways
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

He should be there for depth. Hes a possession wr who cant catch right now. Learn how to be a broke man's chris Carter

(12-28-2021, 01:06 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He should be there for depth. Hes a possession wr who cant catch right now. Learn how to be a broke man's chris Carter

Broke down Corderell Patterson

Maybe next year’s OC and receivers coach can turn him into 2016 Ty Montgomery

77 rushes, 56 targets, 805 APY

(12-28-2021, 09:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 01:06 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He should be there for depth. Hes a possession wr who cant catch right now. Learn how to be a broke man's chris Carter

Broke down Corderell Patterson

Patterson had speed tho.

If you want to set the single-season NFL record for fumbles, then by all means play him at running back.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Only way he can get the ball it seems
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I think he's most effective in the slot and in some gadget plays as a RB. He's playing a role as a 1 or 2 right now out of need because overall our team stinks rather than being a role where he can be better.

This staff doesn't know how to utilize any of the talent they have offensively. That's why they only have two wins and Meyer was [BLEEP] canned. That's why Cisco is just now seeing the field. That's why Robinson ended up being black balled production wise.

Moving forward next year it's anyone's guess as to how Shenault will be utilized. He's more physical than fast and he's better suited to be playing tighter to the line of scrimmage than he is being split out wide.

This would enable him to engage defenders, hand fight them in short yardage routes or use the TE or an additional WR to create a "natural" pick play. Green Bay does this [BLEEP] all the time with Lazard. So do the Chiefs and 49ers with a number of options.

Depending on the HC/OC hire he may end up being utilized properly or he'll keep being pigeonholed into something he's not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."