Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shenault at RB next year?

Laviska sh'naught be a starting receiver. He is also not Shoelaces. This needs to be accepted.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He has the skill set to be a number 3 or slot receiver, and perhaps also a third down back. There's no reason he can't be both. He was both during his rookie year. But he probably does not have the skill set to be a starter at running back.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

It took until age 30 for a team to use Cordarrelle Patterson the right way. The ceiling for Viska is CPAT. Just got to be creative.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 02:32 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-29-2021, 02:20 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It took until age 30 for a team to use Cordarrelle Patterson the right way. The ceiling for Viska is CPAT. Just got to be creative.
That and also durability. He's had a wide variety of injuries because of how he's utilized between special teams, receiving and rushing. Being 6'2 doesn't help neither. Easy target for knee injuries.

Atlanta actually started him and involved him early and often though. Kudos to the coach up there in his first year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 02:53 PM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

A wise coaching staff can figure out how to leverage him. The current WR corps is a bunch of specialty pieces w/no legit #1:

Viska - hybrid running back/power slot
Agnew - jet sweep/deep threat
Jones - possession
Chark - solid #2 /deep threat if healthy
Treadwell - 4th receiver

We need to somehow trade into the 1st round and grab one of the top 5 wideouts if Davante Adams can't be bought.

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-29-2021, 02:50 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: A wise coaching staff can figure out how to leverage him. The current WR corps is a bunch of specialty pieces w/no legit #1:

Viska - hybrid running back/power slot
Agnew - jet sweep/deep threat
Jones - possession
Chark - solid #2 /deep threat if healthy
Treadwell - 4th receiver

We need to somehow trade into the 1st round and grab one of the top 5 wideouts if Davante Adams can't be bought.

The offense is deficient at every position except QB. All of the effort in free agency has to be towards helping Lawrence.  All of the draft picks need to go to offense.

Trading back up into the first round is probably a bad idea, reduces the overall number of picks we have.  

We need to focus on taking down from round 1 pick 1, and use whatever picks we can get for multiple receivers, backs, and linemen.  Even if we get less than what the trade value chart says we should, this is the year for the team to get more picks, not less.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

This team has extra picks in the back half of the draft. I think a RB can be found there, instead of forcing Shenault into an unfamiliar role.

(12-29-2021, 05:17 PM)ATLjag Wrote: This team has extra picks in the back half of the draft. I think a RB can be found there, instead of forcing Shenault into an unfamiliar role.
100% agreed. You could probably land Haskins from the Wolverines, White from the Bulldogs or Robinson from the Crimson Tide at some point after RD3.

They could also make a deal in March with Conner, Gordon and Edmonds to shore up the backfield with Etienne and Robinson still on the mend.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I agree that Shenault’s ceiling is C.Patterson. Shenault needs to be returning kickoffs too.

Shenault needs to spend the offseason with a Jugs machine, catching 500 balls a day.

(01-03-2022, 09:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Shenault needs to spend the offseason with a Jugs machine, catching 500 balls a day.

Were that his only flaw, I'd be fine with that.

But route running has also been a major problem.  Not just with him, but with all of the WRs not named Marvin Jones.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Then why keep him? If there's that many concerns? Put him on the trading block and get a 4th or 5th for him already....

(01-03-2022, 09:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Then why keep him? If there's that many concerns? Put him on the trading block and get a 4th or 5th for him already....

I wouldn’t give a 7th for him. 

2020 - 58 receptions 5 TDs 600 yds
2021 - 58 receptions 0 TDs 557 yds

You can find that production off the street.

(01-03-2022, 01:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 09:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Then why keep him? If there's that many concerns? Put him on the trading block and get a 4th or 5th for him already....

I wouldn’t give a 7th for him. 

2020 - 58 receptions 5 TDs 600 yds
2021 - 58 receptions 0 TDs 557 yds

You can find that production off the street.
True. However, I am willing to bet that there was at least a scout, general manager or coach interested in him and held him in high regards two years ago leading up to the draft.

He's worth something to somebody out there. If this team mismanaged his skills that's on this front office and coaching staff.

If a team strapped on cap space can't sign a reasonably talented receiver with potential they may be willing to throw a late 4th - 6th into the ring for him.

He honestly fits the 49ers mold. Or, as someone hinted earlier. Potentially the Falcons. Would even throw Green Bay's name out there. They like these types of players that can add depth and RAC into a short passing game.

He's not a No. 1 receiver. This team also lacks a No. 1 receiver to off set any pressure or coverage coming his way.

Put him in red and gold and watch what he does on a quick out or hitch when Kittle is clearing out the middle for him or Aiyuk and Samuel are drawing safety coverage.

Just my two cents.

(01-03-2022, 09:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 09:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Shenault needs to spend the offseason with a Jugs machine, catching 500 balls a day.

Were that his only flaw, I'd be fine with that.

But route running has also been a major problem.  Not just with him, but with all of the WRs not named Marvin Jones.
He needs to run routes and have multiple jugs machines setup to randomly shoot the ball at a target with some randomness for the target and speed.

All the current WRs need to do that

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I'd kind of like to find a way to keep Shenault. He runs angry and can beat up DBs a little bit - it's enough to provide a spark at times if the team doesn't completely suck and we're not already down 2 or 3 scores.
But yeah, he definitely needs to spend a lot of time with the jugs machines.

(01-03-2022, 04:31 PM)scottyg Wrote: I'd kind of like to find a way to keep Shenault. He runs angry and can beat up DBs a little bit - it's enough to provide a spark at times if the team doesn't completely suck and we're not already down 2 or 3 scores.
But yeah, he definitely needs to spend a lot of time with the jugs machines.
He's not a number one receiver. Neither is Jones. Chark is not one neither. I think they honestly need to figure out a way to keep:

Chark
Jones
Treadwell
Shenault
Agnew

Then, they need to sign at least two or three more receivers. Don't care if it's Godwin, Gallop and Fuller. Or, by some miracle, Adams and Robinson.

After that. They need to figure out a way to draft London and Dotson or Burks and Ross. They need to also get Arnold, O'Shaughnessy even more involved at the TE position and they need to land McBride, Wydermyer or Kolar in the draft to shore it up.

Do what have you to do. Spend. Over spend. Wheel and [BLEEP] deal in the draft. Pair one of those 3's and a future 2 on the opening night to get back in late during RD1 or back into RD2 if it means landing a deep threat, 50/50 expertise or a RAC monster in the open field.

Do it.

Definitely put him on the block and take the highest offer. Same for Myles Jack and Rayshawn Jenkins.