Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags will beat Chargers here's why..

Quote:Rivers will go 300+ with 3 TDs

I'll take that bet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It was a defensive meltdown. Keenan Allen was not on the active roster last year either and his backup torched us.

Ramsey, Gipson, Prince, Malik, Fowler, Ngakoue, Jack, and Mark's were not on the active roster for us last season either so....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Ramsey, Gipson, Prince, Malik, Fowler, Ngakoue, Jack, and Mark's were not on the active roster for us last season either so....
Let's hope Jack actually sees the field and not just on special teams. Poz can't guard TEs to save his life. Jack will actually be able to cover Gates or Woodhead out the backfield.

as long as gus loosey goosey is our HC the team won't ever have a winning season. prepare your selves for 0-2.  we couldn't even beat SD last year on our field who was on a 6 game loseing streak. they killed us.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:as long as gus loosey goosey is our HC the team won't ever have a winning season. prepare your selves for 0-2.  we couldn't even beat SD last year on our field who was on a 6 game loseing streak. they killed us.

But Jeff Fisher just got shut out by the Gabbert led 49ers. I thought he was the best coach in the NFL?

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

no i said fisher would be the best HC for the jags. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:It was a defensive meltdown. Keenan Allen was not on the active roster last year either and his backup torched us.

It was a defensive meltdown that the Chargers scored 21 points in the 1st half and 3 points in the 2nd half.

uh, thanks for the insight.

Quote:I said he torched us. Not torches everybody. Somehow the Chargers did not miss Keenan Allen at all last year.

Chargers went 4-12 last year.

Gus said our defensive scheme for GB was to contain Rodgers and keep him in the pocket. This is the reason why we had so few sacks. I would think his game plan this Sunday is to send the team after Rivers. Rivers isn't nearly as mobile as Rodgers and gets flustered under pressure. Our D-Line should be something to watch this Sunday.

we cant let Rivers have all day or he will have a day no matter who his receivers are

Quote:Gus said our defensive scheme for GB was to contain Rodgers and keep him in the pocket. This is the reason why we had so few sacks. I would think his game plan this Sunday is to send the team after Rivers. Rivers isn't nearly as mobile as Rodgers and gets flustered under pressure. Our D-Line should be something to watch this Sunday.

Lol .... because we all know how ineffective Rogers is when he has to throw from the pocket.   Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 09:37 AM by jagherd.)

Rivers is definitely a tough competitor. Even if his overall team is not that good, he still finds a way to stay close in games and have a shot at victory.

Badger and others have said it:

If the Jags don't get better play out of the pass rush, Rivers is gonna have all day and torch the Jags no matter who is in the secondary.

And, Gates will look like he's ten years younger and light them up, just like he did last year (4 TDs, lol).

Jax better improve at the running game, controlling the clock, and keeping Rivers on the sidelines longer..

We'll see.

Quote:Lol .... because we all know how ineffective Rogers is when he has to throw from the pocket.   Wallbash
Whether you agree with the method or not, it is common knowledge around the NFL that most of Aaron Rodgers explosive plays come from how he performs against the blitz. Keeping him in the pocket is the lesser of the evils and his 199 yards in the game proves this. When you watch the game you can see most times it was strictly about contain. What happened the few times the Jags did blitz? Yep, an explosive play! Gus and the staff had a good plan going in.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:no i said fisher would be the best HC for the jags. 

Jeff Fisher isn't the best coach for anybody

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He certainly isn't and I still derive pleasure from his setbacks. That tasty bagel he was served by a Jags reject last night sent me to bed gleefully. Burn mullet.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:If the Jaguars do not blow out or at least completely control the game against the Chargers it would be a disappointment.
I agree completely, but at this point I will settle for a WIN no matter what the circumstances of the game
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Lol .... because we all know how ineffective Rogers is when he has to throw from the pocket.   Wallbash

Hell, it almost worked. Like Gus or not. We just screwed it up on that 4th down screen.

We should be able to dominate them with our defense, if or DBs play like they did vs GB, they can cover 1 on 1 and we can blitz Rivers, he is not mobile like Rodgers and will go right down. We do not need to try and drop back in zone and hope for the front 4 to get to him, he will pick us a part. Plus they dont have a good running game and Allen is done. 

On offense we should be able to score on them running and passing, they have a terrible run defense, and their best CB is like 5'9 lol Allen Robinson should have a field day.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Ramsey, Gipson, Prince, Malik, Fowler, Ngakoue, Jack, and Mark's were not on the active roster for us last season either so....
This

For people saying but last year

Last years team would have allowed Rodgers to go for 400 yards with the terrible pass rush we had Sunday, but he didnt even get 200 yards

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:no i said fisher would be the best HC for the jags. 
Ewwwww - Yuuuuuck!

If Jeff Fisher were ever to be hired as the coach of the Jaguars, I would seriously have to re-consider my devotion to this team. Or at least take 3 years off until he's fired.