Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Happy with Shad as the woner of the Jaguars organization?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Khan approval rating? Do you approve as Khan as owner?

(12-29-2021, 01:25 AM)Jag88 Wrote:  Its not his fault.

It is not his fault that this team is losing? Loooooooooool!!!!!!

Dude you've lost your mind. Of course it is his fault. He has hired garbage front offices throughout his career as an NFL owner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shad is absolutely responsible for hiring and firing the GM and head coach positions. Over the last 10 years or so, I did believe his hires, for the most part when initially selected, to be decent ones, but he was way too slow to fire them for ill-performances. His patience, usually a virtue in most situations in life, was a killer for this team.

On the positive side for Shad, I respect that he has given the organization a blank check for free agents, facilities improvements, and other items. I love the fact that he has been true to his word with previous owner Wayne Weaver to work diligently to keep the team in Jacksonville; I think most other owners would have exited Jacksonville for greener pastures (or bigger markets). I like that when he hires football personnel, he gives them true authority to make decisions...acknowledging his football inexperience and putting his ego aside.

The team's record over the past decade has been poor, to say the least. I am hoping Khan finds the right head coach and GM combination, and they are able to right the ship. As a multiple season ticket holder since the team's inception, and the massive dollars spent, I feel justified in wanting to see more success. Khan's fault in my mind has mostly been a combination of bad luck in his hires and too much patience in those hires.

P.S. Baalke is not the answer.

"woner" is the exact opposite of how I would characterize Shad's tenure. "won" ain't happened at all.

Khan has done great things for the area, EXCEPT give it a decent football franchise. I don't know that other owners would have given Duval the chance to remain a host city, so he has that in his corner. I grew up in Cleveland cheering for a team run by a cheap, petty, and arrogant owner in Art Modell. We had plenty of crap teams to offset the good, and when he didn't get what he wanted he took his ball and left town. I, like many other Clevelanders, never grew beyond the bitterness and spite toward that man for the loss we felt in losing our hometown team.

It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks that our team has been a laughingstock for most of his ownership. But I promise you, the frustration and anguish will hurt so much more if our owner decided he's done with trying to make football work in NE Florida.

At some point, though, he's got to get out of his own way. This isn't a fabrication shop, it can't be run the same way. Continuity is not a necessity. At times, it can be prolonging the effort of a rebuild.

He ain't been the best, but I promise you it could be so very, very worse.

TLDR: poll is invalid because where the heck is corn?

Although I don't approve of the job he's done as owner, I voted yes, because he has kept the team in Jacksonville.

Worst CEO ever. He built some swimming pools and created a dog park. Has done some things in the community. He's also neglected to make appropriate management decisions to right the ship.

(12-28-2021, 09:48 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Worst owner in NFL history.  And it's not even close.

/George Preston Marshall waves

I'm happy with Khan as the owner but he needs to either give it more of his attention or hire a Mark Lamping caliber person to run it for him. I realize he's busy, but I don't think it's too much to ask of him to devote an entire day, uninterrupted, to assessing the situation here and talking to some respected people outside of the organization for input.

Hiring Dungy as a consultant is a great idea. It'll never happen, though. Now we're going to have Baalke's dirty fingerprints on our next HC, whether Baalke stays or not. Stop the vicious cycle of bad decisions, Mr. Khan.

(12-28-2021, 11:05 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 10:04 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: His football decisions aren't great but i'll gladly hold on to an owner that isn't going to move our franchise.. which would be very beneficial to him money wise. Trent Balkee needs to go tho.

He could take this [BLEEP] show anywhere in the country and they ain’t selling tickets to watch his garbage product, so no he can’t just move the team and make more money he’d have to actually put some kind of product worth something out and he’s incapable of that.

Hogwash.

You put this team anywhere there is a stadium and not a pro team, people will go. Will that novelty wear off? Eventually, maybe, but there's a lot of places that would love to have a team to call their own.

I'll go a step further - you tell any city to build a stadium and they can be the new home to an NFL franchise, and I'd wager there'd be a number of cities doing some quick math to see what they can have built within two years.

You've got to give Khan some credit for what hes done with projects for the City and some of the plans he has for the future. You can see his heart is in the right place but his brain isnt.

He just doesn't strike me as a true football fan. Where he has watched for 20+ years and has coaches and players he likes/wants and relies way too much on what people tell him.

If he walked into a car dealership and said 'give me a good car', he would walk out with whatever the salesman suggested rather than something hes researched and has his own ideas about.

(12-29-2021, 10:01 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 11:05 PM)EricC85 Wrote: He could take this [BLEEP] show anywhere in the country and they ain’t selling tickets to watch his garbage product, so no he can’t just move the team and make more money he’d have to actually put some kind of product worth something out and he’s incapable of that.

Hogwash.

You put this team anywhere there is a stadium and not a pro team, people will go. Will that novelty wear off? Eventually, maybe, but there's a lot of places that would love to have a team to call their own.

I'll go a step further - you tell any city to build a stadium and they can be the new home to an NFL franchise, and I'd wager there'd be a number of cities doing some quick math to see what they can have built within two years.

I would try to argue if Khan was still the owner it probably wouldn't sell well, but Baltimore took the Browns, so...

I brought this up on a twitter post by Jamal St. Cyr:

Devine Ozigbo had the opportunity to be elevated to the Jags active roster from the Pats PS last week and DECLINED. To be eligible for an NFL pension, an NFL player needs to accumulate 3 'accrued' seasons. That consists of 3 games on an active NFL roster that season. Ozigbo already has 2 accrued seasons. Given that JRob went down for the season and he already had ONE game on our roster this year (Week 7 Seahawks), this could've been a golden opportunity to get the last 2 games to get his pension. They guy looked at this roster, this management and this team and said, "NO THANKS."

The guy turned down the opportunity to guarantee his pension to stay away from THIS TEAM. That all starts with Khan.

In conclusion, I think he sucks as an owner.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 10:14 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-29-2021, 10:06 AM)NCJag Wrote: I brought this up on a twitter post by Jamal St. Cyr:

Devine Ozigbo had the opportunity to be elevated to the Jags active roster from the Pats PS last week and DECLINED. To be eligible for an NFL pension, an NFL player needs to accumulate 3 'accrued' seasons. That consists of 3 games on an active NFL roster that season. Ozigbo already has 2 accrued seasons. Given that JRob went down for the season and he already had ONE game on our roster this year (Week 7 Seahawks), this could've been a golden opportunity to get the last 2 games to get his pension.  They guy looked at this roster, this management and this team and said, "NO THANKS."

The guy turned down the opportunity to guarantee his pension to stay away from THIS TEAM. That all starts with Khan.

He turned down a chance to finalize $3,000 a month.  He'll undoubtedly get a shot at an active roster somewhere else.  So he'll get his 3 games somewhere.  It's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be.  It's not that much money, and he doesn't need but 3 games to get it.

(12-29-2021, 10:06 AM)NCJag Wrote: I brought this up on a twitter post by Jamal St. Cyr:

Devine Ozigbo had the opportunity to be elevated to the Jags active roster from the Pats PS last week and DECLINED. To be eligible for an NFL pension, an NFL player needs to accumulate 3 'accrued' seasons. That consists of 3 games on an active NFL roster that season. Ozigbo already has 2 accrued seasons. Given that JRob went down for the season and he already had ONE game on our roster this year (Week 7 Seahawks), this could've been a golden opportunity to get the last 2 games to get his pension.  They guy looked at this roster, this management and this team and said, "NO THANKS."

This tells the tale!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

@I mean, I hate moving as much as anyone else, but that's a big sacrifice.@

Think about it from his side, though - we cut him twice already this year, he jumps ship for the quickie paycheck, Hyde recuperates, and the team cuts him again? Now he's gotta find another PS spot, relocate yet again, and acclimate to new coaches, playbooks, etc. Not only that, but he knows fully well what we have to offer in coaching and training vs. what he has with his current squad. Add in the fact that NE is our next opponent, and there's no guarantee that we don't bring him in, pore his brain for insight into their scheme, and send him packing before season's end. It's a horrible business, but sometimes that is how the NFL machine works.

I don't think it says as much about the owner as it does the state of the offensive coaching. Many of us have already been clamoring for change among the position coaches, including Parmalee. Unless Ozigbo is on record saying that the owner is a doofus or similarly cutting words, I'm not going to read much more into it.

(12-28-2021, 10:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 09:48 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Worst owner in NFL history.  And it's not even close.

Love statements like this.  Name all the owners in NFL history.

There are 49 teams that competed in the NFL for at least one season, but no longer exist. I would bet some of those owners, despite their failure, had a better understanding of how to run a football team than Shad does.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-29-2021, 11:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 10:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Love statements like this.  Name all the owners in NFL history.

There are 49 teams that competed in the NFL for at least one season, but no longer exist. I would bet some of those owners, despite their failure, had a better understanding of how to run a football team than Shad does.

And?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-29-2021, 10:02 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: You've got to give Khan some credit for what hes done with projects for the City and some of the plans he has for the future. You can see his heart is in the right place but his brain isnt.

He just doesn't strike me as a true football fan. Where he has watched for 20+ years and has coaches and players he likes/wants and relies way too much on what people tell him.

If he walked into a car dealership and said 'give me a good car', he would walk out with whatever the salesman suggested rather than something hes researched and has his own ideas about.

No one gives a rats [BLEEP] what he has done for the "city" and no one gives a crap about some freaking swimming pools his built. He bought this team and should only be judged on what this franchise does.

Building swimming pools is not it, chief.

(12-29-2021, 11:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 11:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: There are 49 teams that competed in the NFL for at least one season, but no longer exist. I would bet some of those owners, despite their failure, had a better understanding of how to run a football team than Shad does.

And?

I'd bet that Shad is marginally better than some of those guys who literally lost their franchises, but that's an awfully low bar, don't you think?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-29-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 11:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote: And?

I'd bet that Shad is marginally better than some of those guys who literally lost their franchises, but that's an awfully low bar, don't you think?

I made zero statements about Khan as an owner other than whether you can classify him as 'the worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  The 'worst xxxxx in the history of the NFL' is thrown around way too much without any idea if xxxxx is/are or not.  This is my point.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-29-2021, 11:49 AM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 10:02 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: You've got to give Khan some credit for what hes done with projects for the City and some of the plans he has for the future. You can see his heart is in the right place but his brain isnt.

No one gives a rats [BLEEP] what he has done for the "city" and no one gives a crap about some freaking swimming pools his built. He bought this team and should only be judged on what this franchise does.

Building swimming pools is not it, chief.

Its not just the swimming pool, its things like Daily's Place and the new practice facility they are planning. If Lot J ever goes ahead. Then look at someone like Kroenke thar holds St Louis to ransom to build him a new stadium, that taxpayers will pay for then goes to an NFL owners meeting and they are off to LA. Is that better?

Thats why i said i think his heart is in the right place but his brain isnt. He wants to be successful and improve things but he doesnt know how and relies on the people around him's opinions too much. 

Of course weve been bad and i think its a huge credit to the local community and Jag fans that anyone still turns up with how we have been but theres plenty of people to blame for why we have stunk for so long and its not all on Khan but hes top of the list as hes the owner.