Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Happy with Shad as the woner of the Jaguars organization?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Khan approval rating? Do you approve as Khan as owner?

(12-29-2021, 09:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Although I don't approve of the job he's done as owner, I voted yes, because he has kept the team in Jacksonville.

Same here. I don't think he's actively trying to have a bad team, and he's committed to keeping it here, so in my mind he's a good owner. He just needs to make a better move at GM.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-29-2021, 12:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'd bet that Shad is marginally better than some of those guys who literally lost their franchises, but that's an awfully low bar, don't you think?

I made zero statements about Khan as an owner other than whether you can classify him as 'the worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  The 'worst xxxxx in the history of the NFL' is thrown around way too much without any idea if xxxxx is/are or not.  This is my point.
2nd fastest owner to reach triple digit losses seems pretty [BLEEP] terrible to me.

But, hey, to each their own. Guess we can still swim in the kiddie pool and feel the luke warm piss everywhere.

A lot warmer than anything this dead fish of a [BLEEP] franchise has done under Khan's ownership.

That's for damn sure. Historically this team continues to set new lows defensively and offensively. Was it last year where they gave up more yards or points per game than an awful Buccaneers team from the 70s or 80s?

Offensively this year alone looks like an all time low. At least from a franchise mark. It's [BLEEP] embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 01:24 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 12:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I made zero statements about Khan as an owner other than whether you can classify him as 'the worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  The 'worst xxxxx in the history of the NFL' is thrown around way too much without any idea if xxxxx is/are or not.  This is my point.
2nd fastest owner to reach triple digit losses seems pretty [BLEEP] terrible to me.

But, hey, to each their own. Guess we can still swim in the kiddie pool and feel the luke warm piss everywhere.

A lot warmer than anything this dead fish of a [BLEEP] franchise has done under Khan's ownership.

That's for damn sure. Historically this team continues to set new lows defensively and offensively. Was it last year where they gave up more yards or points per game than an awful Buccaneers team from the 70s or 80s?

Offensively this year alone looks like an all time low. At least from a franchise mark. It's [BLEEP] embarrassing.

And you just made my point.  Second fastest is not the 'worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  Plus, this was with 100 losses.  Who are we excluding?

Once again, I nowhere defended Khan.  People seem incapable of criticizing anyone without calling them 'the worst ever'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-29-2021, 12:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'd bet that Shad is marginally better than some of those guys who literally lost their franchises, but that's an awfully low bar, don't you think?

I made zero statements about Khan as an owner other than whether you can classify him as 'the worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  The 'worst xxxxx in the history of the NFL' is thrown around way too much without any idea if xxxxx is/are or not.  This is my point.

Weird flex but ok.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-29-2021, 01:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 2nd fastest owner to reach triple digit losses seems pretty [BLEEP] terrible to me.

And you just made my point.  Second fastest is not the 'worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  Plus, this was with 100 losses.  Who are we excluding?

Once again, I nowhere defended Khan.  People seem incapable of criticizing anyone without calling them 'the worst ever'.
Nobody said you defended him. Nobody can honestly really defend him. I mean, people can try.

If you're being technical. Fine, he's not "the worst owner of all time".

But boy is pretty [BLEEP] close. He's certainly been the worst owner for the last 11 years and you would be hard pressed to find anybody else more suitable to fit that bill.

Having a silver medal for being the 2nd fastest owner to hit triple digit losses seems pretty awful no matter how you slice it. Especially in today's era.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-29-2021, 01:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 12:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I made zero statements about Khan as an owner other than whether you can classify him as 'the worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  The 'worst xxxxx in the history of the NFL' is thrown around way too much without any idea if xxxxx is/are or not.  This is my point.

Weird flex but ok.

Weird flex?

Quite ironic coming from you nd the crap you post in the political forum...

(12-29-2021, 01:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: Weird flex but ok.

Weird flex?

Quite ironic coming from you nd the crap you post in the political forum...

Exactly.  I have a high tolerance for pedantry and technicalities, and this line of argument goes beyond my limit.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 03:07 PM by YouMadThough.)

Why does Khan get "cool points" for keeping a team in the city that you guys love?...

Going to games is overrated and I have been to lots of games not just Jacksonville....

Id rather see success elsewhere if it means different city is recommended than suck another 20 years here in Jacksonville.

(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 09:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Although I don't approve of the job he's done as owner, I voted yes, because he has kept the team in Jacksonville.

Same here. I don't think he's actively trying to have a bad team, and he's committed to keeping it here, so in my mind he's a good owner. He just needs to make a better move at GM.

He is certainly not trying to have a good team either.

Weak argument.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 04:32 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-29-2021, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm happy with Khan as the owner but he needs to either give it more of his attention or hire a Mark Lamping caliber person to run it for him. I realize he's busy, but I don't think it's too much to ask of him to devote an entire day, uninterrupted, to assessing the situation here and talking to some respected people outside of the organization for input.

Hiring Dungy as a consultant is a great idea. It'll never happen, though. Now we're going to have Baalke's dirty fingerprints on our next HC, whether Baalke stays or not. Stop the vicious cycle of bad decisions, Mr. Khan.

Hiring Dungy (or someone else with similar credentials and respect) as a consultant, or giving him a title in the organization, could happen.  That is basically what he did in hiring back Tom Coughlin and giving him authority over the GM (and head coach).  Unfortunately, that one did not work...but it shows that he will do it.

(12-29-2021, 03:04 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Why does Khan get "cool points" for keeping a team in the city that you guys love?...

Going to games is overrated and I have been to lots of games not just Jacksonville....

Id rather see success elsewhere if it means different city is recommended than suck another 20 years here in Jacksonville.

This might be the dumbest argument in this thread.  I'd venture a guess the majority of jags fans are fans because the team is in Jacksonville.  If they ever left, I'd give them the finger and never support them.  I'd bet a lot of other fans would as well.  If I wanted to follow a successful team in a town I don't care about, why even be a jags fan in the first place?  Just go root for someone else.

I voted yes as well.  I think we were lucky Weaver sold the team to a guy who seems committed to Jacksonville.  Invested a lot of money in the team, the facilities, and is trying to do so for the city as well.  Blown a ton of money on bad free agents at the behest of his GMs.  He clearly will put in the effort and dollars.  He just hasn't hired well.  Mentioned this in another thread that there arent that many great GMs and great head coaches out there.  If there were, every team would have one.  He just hasn't found the right combo yet.  And just because he doesnt fire them fast enough for a fanbase dying for wins isn't an indication that he doesn't care.  

I do think criticism is warranted.  Whatever he has done so far hasn't worked.  And I'm onboard with the idea that he needs to hire a Lamping counterpart to oversee the football side.  But that doesn't mean he is a bad owner.

(12-29-2021, 01:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 2nd fastest owner to reach triple digit losses seems pretty [BLEEP] terrible to me.

Since your being overly anal about it, he is one of the worst.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-29-2021, 05:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And you just made my point.  Second fastest is not the 'worst owner in the history of the NFL'.  Plus, this was with 100 losses.  Who are we excluding?

Since your being overly anal about it, he is one of the worst.

Anal?  Why don't you go whine about Lawrence some more butt-boy.

(12-29-2021, 05:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 05:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Since your being overly anal about it, he is one of the worst.

Anal?  Why don't you go whine about Lawrence some more butt-boy.

I would but your nose is too far up his to see anything clear.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 06:02 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-29-2021, 05:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 05:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Anal?  Why don't you go whine about Lawrence some more butt-boy.

I would but your nose is too far up his to see anything clear.

Really?  Show me where I've commented on your stupidity.  Take your time.  I'll wait.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 07:00 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Lets say your doctor was in the same situation.

You have a serious condiiton,   He keeps operating on you but every time you come out with more injuries and worse for it. He wants the best for you and hope you get well.   Year after year you either not get better or get worse.

Does that make him a good doctor?

(12-29-2021, 06:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 05:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I would but your nose is too far up his to see anything clear.

Really?  Show me where I've commented on your stupidity.  Take your time.  I'll wait.

Im not searching for you. Do your own research.  In this thread nobody is buying your crap but yourself but I think your starting to doubt that too.

(12-29-2021, 06:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Same here. I don't think he's actively trying to have a bad team, and he's committed to keeping it here, so in my mind he's a good owner. He just needs to make a better move at GM.

You have a serious condiiton,   He keeps operating on you but every time you come out with more injuries and worse for it. He wants the best for you and hope you get well.   Year after year you either not get better or get worse.

Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-29-2021, 05:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 03:04 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Why does Khan get "cool points" for keeping a team in the city that you guys love?...

This might be the dumbest argument in this thread.  I'd venture a guess the majority of jags fans are fans because the team is in Jacksonville.  If they ever left, I'd give them the finger and never support them.  I'd bet a lot of other fans would as well.  If I wanted to follow a successful team in a town I don't care about, why even be a jags fan in the first place?  Just go root for someone else.

Truth. If I had been living in Billings Montana or Fargo, North Dakota or even Sebring, FL when the Jaguars came into being, it's almost certain I wouldn't have become a fan. In fact, I would probably have ridiculed the expansion committee for making that pick. There's a community factor that goes into a sports identity. If MLB somehow ever came to Jax, I'd be in line to buy tickets even though I haven't followed baseball closely since the 80s.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-29-2021, 06:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Same here. I don't think he's actively trying to have a bad team, and he's committed to keeping it here, so in my mind he's a good owner. He just needs to make a better move at GM.

(12-29-2021, 06:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Really?  Show me where I've commented on your stupidity.  Take your time.  I'll wait.

Im not searching for you. Do your own research.  In this thread nobody is buying your crap but yourself but I think your starting to doubt that too.

That was a false equivalence worthy of fox news prime time programming.