Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Happy with Shad as the woner of the Jaguars organization?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Khan approval rating? Do you approve as Khan as owner?

(12-29-2021, 07:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 06:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets say your doctor was in the same situation.

You have a serious condiiton,   He keeps operating on you but every time you come out with more injuries and worse for it. He wants the best for you and hope you get well.   Year after year you either not get better or get worse.

Does that make him a good doctor?

Im not searching for you. Do your own research.  In this thread nobody is buying your crap but yourself but I think your starting to doubt that too.

That was a false equivalence worthy of fox news prime time programming.
Atleast your name is accurate.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-29-2021, 06:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Same here. I don't think he's actively trying to have a bad team, and he's committed to keeping it here, so in my mind he's a good owner. He just needs to make a better move at GM.

Lets say your doctor was in the same situation.

You have a serious condiiton,   He keeps operating on you but every time you come out with more injuries and worse for it. He wants the best for you and hope you get well.   Year after year you either not get better or get worse.

(12-29-2021, 06:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Really?  Show me where I've commented on your stupidity.  Take your time.  I'll wait.

Im not searching for you. Do your own research.  In this thread nobody is buying your crap but yourself but I think your starting to doubt that too.

Research what?  You're the dumb [BLEEP] that's saying I'm defending Lawrence.  You're too much of a dimwit to figure out that you're the one that needs to prove it.  Then again, I've seen your posts.  You probably can't figure that out.  Durrrrrrr.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-29-2021, 05:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 03:04 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Why does Khan get "cool points" for keeping a team in the city that you guys love?...

Going to games is overrated and I have been to lots of games not just Jacksonville....

Id rather see success elsewhere if it means different city is recommended than suck another 20 years here in Jacksonville.

This might be the dumbest argument in this thread.  I'd venture a guess the majority of jags fans are fans because the team is in Jacksonville.  If they ever left, I'd give them the finger and never support them.  I'd bet a lot of other fans would as well.  If I wanted to follow a successful team in a town I don't care about, why even be a jags fan in the first place?  Just go root for someone else.
Having a team in YOUR city is a plus, but not all cities in the US have teams in their OWN city, so by that logic who do they root for? Their state? The closes border of a state that has a team? Do you not see where I am going with this? Becoming a fan of a team just because of the city is fair but jumping wagons after they leave is a fraud move, and if you do that then you really do not respect the franchise.

(12-29-2021, 08:10 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 05:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote: This might be the dumbest argument in this thread.  I'd venture a guess the majority of jags fans are fans because the team is in Jacksonville.  If they ever left, I'd give them the finger and never support them.  I'd bet a lot of other fans would as well.  If I wanted to follow a successful team in a town I don't care about, why even be a jags fan in the first place?  Just go root for someone else.
Having a team in YOUR city is a plus, but not all cities in the US have teams in their OWN city, so by that logic who do they root for? Their state? The closes border of a state that has a team? Do you not see where I am going with this? Becoming a fan of a team just because of the city is fair but jumping wagons after they leave is a fraud move, and if you do that then you really do not respect the franchise.

What a crock of [BLEEP].

(12-29-2021, 07:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 06:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets say your doctor was in the same situation.

Research what?  You're the dumb [BLEEP] that's saying I'm defending Lawrence.  You're too much of a dimwit to figure out that you're the one that needs to prove it.  Then again, I've seen your posts.  You probably can't figure that out.  Durrrrrrr.
WOw you got serious anger issues.  Best you can do is throw out 3rd grade insults?  I never mentioned you and Trevor Lawrence in the same sentence.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Maybe your old lady or old man will stop beating on you.   You got some anger issues buddy.

Khan isnt going to get a good approval rating after a 3-30record the pasttwo years.

You do have to give him credit for cutting bait on meyer when needed and much sooner than his predecessors. He is learning a little there is that at least.

The baalke sitch is going to be interesting. I lean o n letting him go. No holdovers and if warhop isnt out of here i will flip out.

(12-29-2021, 08:10 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 05:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote: This might be the dumbest argument in this thread.  I'd venture a guess the majority of jags fans are fans because the team is in Jacksonville.  If they ever left, I'd give them the finger and never support them.  I'd bet a lot of other fans would as well.  If I wanted to follow a successful team in a town I don't care about, why even be a jags fan in the first place?  Just go root for someone else.

Wow that's a bad take.
Wow.
Ok.
If you are a fan, and you live in or near the city that the team is in, and the team moves, you should absolutely feel betrayed, and no one should expect you to stay on as a fan.
Especially when you bring in the fact that most team, including the Jaguars, get lots of taxpayer benefits from their host city.  When a team moves they are essentially pissing on the tax dollars they were granted over the years.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-29-2021, 08:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 07:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Research what?  You're the dumb [BLEEP] that's saying I'm defending Lawrence.  You're too much of a dimwit to figure out that you're the one that needs to prove it.  Then again, I've seen your posts.  You probably can't figure that out.  Durrrrrrr.
WOw you got serious anger issues.  Best you can do is throw out 3rd grade insults?  I never mentioned you and Trevor Lawrence in the same sentence.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Maybe your old lady or old man will stop beating on you.   You got some anger issues buddy.

Anger issues?  At you?  I am literally laughing out loud.  At you?  Bwahahahaha...

(12-29-2021, 08:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: WOw you got serious anger issues.  Best you can do is throw out 3rd grade insults?  I never mentioned you and Trevor Lawrence in the same sentence.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Maybe your old lady or old man will stop beating on you.   You got some anger issues buddy.

Anger issues?  At you?  I am literally laughing out loud.  At you?  Bwahahahaha...

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredit...r.jpg&q=85]

(12-29-2021, 08:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Anger issues?  At you?  I am literally laughing out loud.  At you?  Bwahahahaha...

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredit...r.jpg&q=85]

Good selfie.

(12-29-2021, 08:32 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredit...r.jpg&q=85]

Good selfie.

The way I vision you in this post

[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-29-2021, 08:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:32 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good selfie.

The way I vision you in this post

Well, actually I'm on my phone while watching Hunt for Red October on Netflix and my wife is asking what I'm snickering at.

Keep trying.

(12-29-2021, 08:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 08:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The way I vision you in this post

Well, actually I'm on my phone while watching Hunt for Red October on Netflix and my wife is asking what I'm snickering at.

Keep trying.
Sure buddy *wink* *wink*

Big Grin 

[img] https://media.tenor.com/images/52354d715.../tenor.gif[/img]

(12-29-2021, 08:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 07:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Research what?  You're the dumb [BLEEP] that's saying I'm defending Lawrence.  You're too much of a dimwit to figure out that you're the one that needs to prove it.  Then again, I've seen your posts.  You probably can't figure that out.  Durrrrrrr.

I mean you did literally say that Rico has his nose up his (referring to Lawrence) [BLEEP]. I'd say that's putting them together in the same sentence..

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 09:08 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Haven’t read the thread much.  But I voted no.  Shad was the “savior” he kept the team in town.  For that, he deserves credit.  But as an owner, I can’t say he’s done much to make the fans happy or the team better.  Sure, he’s made money and the teams value increased, but on a relevance scale, we suck more than when he took over.  Dude just isn’t cleaning house when he @cleans house”. He needs to quit with these leftovers.

(12-29-2021, 09:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Haven’t read the thread much.  But I voted no.  Shad was the “savior” he kept the team in town.  For that, he deserves credit.  But as an owner, I can’t say he’s done much to make the fans happy or the team better.  Sure, he’s made money and the teams value increased, but on a relevance scale, we suck more than when he took over.  Dude just isn’t cleaning house when he @cleans house”. He needs to quit with these leftovers.

He is a hell of a turd polisher,  Do his car bumpers also rust out after a few years?

(12-29-2021, 09:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Haven’t read the thread much.  But I voted no.  Shad was the “savior” he kept the team in town.  For that, he deserves credit.  But as an owner, I can’t say he’s done much to make the fans happy or the team better.  Sure, he’s made money and the teams value increased, but on a relevance scale, we suck more than when he took over.  Dude just isn’t cleaning house when he @cleans house”. He needs to quit with these leftovers.

They completely cleaned house in 2013.

That set them back so far there has been a reluctance to do it again even when called for.

(12-31-2021, 08:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That set them back so far there has been a reluctance to do it again even when called for.
I could see that. But the semi cleaning house [BLEEP] they pulled from 2018-19 was more damaging than the initial. They sold off most of the talent from a roster that was a few plays away from a sb and did nothing with any of the capital.

I could see why he may be reluctant but doing a half [BLEEP] clean out by dumping vets for day 2 picks and not paying guys coming off rookie deals( except bortles which was flat ridiculous)has done nothing for us. He’s been in rebuild mode every year but maybe 2ish since he bought the team. 

It getting to a point where he has to realize that whatever move comes instinctually to him is probably wrong and he should just do the opposite.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021, 09:53 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-31-2021, 08:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I don't think cleaning house from a coaching and management standpoint in 2013 was as much of a problem as gutting the roster of what little veteran talent it had.