Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prince Amukamara

Just watched the all22 and dialed up every pass from Rodgers.  House and Amukamara both played well. Ramsey played well, but actually got lucky a few times that he wasn't targeted. Great for his first time out though. 

The thing that surprised me the most watching that angle was how often the outside corners release their receivers to be covered by other DBs. 

I'd like to see the corners stay manned up on the wide-outs instead of releasing them at the hash on crossing routes. 

That long bobbling catch by Cobb happened when Amukamara just let him go when he crossed the hash.  Seemed like he would have left no vulnerability outside by just staying on his man, but was clearly coached to let him go at the hash. 

Overall - focusing on the secondary during passing downs:

Gipson was a (very minor) disappointment, House and Amukamara were good/solid and Ramsey looked very natural for a rookie. 

Cyprien was better than he seemed to me on game day but does get the happy feet occasionally when he's not sure of where to focus.

Wouldn't mind seeing him look more sure of his assignment. 

That's all I got ATM.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That long pass was a great catch by Randall Cobb. You don't see receivers do that often. Allen Hurns made a similar catch two years ago in San Diego that led to a TD. I am not sure what Prince Amukamara should have done on the play.

Quote:That long pass was a great catch by Randall Cobb. 

It was a blown assignment. He was all alone and wide open. If he didn't catch it - then it's a big failure by that offense. 

Quote:For some reason I will never understand people love to call somebody trash after one bad game.

It wasnt a bad game...

Quote:For some reason I will never understand people love to call somebody trash after one bad game.

It wasnt a bad game...

Quote:It wasn't a bad game...

So people are crazy when they say it was. Or else they forgot who #31 is.

Quote:So people are crazy when they say it was. Or else they forgot who #31 is.

Quote:Just watched the all22 and dialed up every pass from Rodgers. House and Amukamara both played well. Ramsey played well, but actually got lucky a few times that he wasn't targeted. Great for his first time out though.

The thing that surprised me the most watching that angle was how often the outside corners release their receivers to be covered by other DBs.

I'd like to see the corners stay manned up on the wide-outs instead of releasing them at the hash on crossing routes.

That long bobbling catch by Cobb happened when Amukamara just let him go when he crossed the hash. Seemed like he would have left no vulnerability outside by just staying on his man, but was clearly coached to let him go at the hash.

Overall - focusing on the secondary during passing downs:

Gipson was a (very minor) disappointment, House and Amukamara were good/solid and Ramsey looked very natural for a rookie.

Cyprien was better than he seemed to me on game day but does get the happy feet occasionally when he's not sure of where to focus.

Wouldn't mind seeing him look more sure of his assignment.

That's all I got ATM.

Great analysis. Much appreciated.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Just watched the all22 and dialed up every pass from Rodgers.  House and Amukamara both played well. Ramsey played well, but actually got lucky a few times that he wasn't targeted. Great for his first time out though. 
I came up with the same conclusion on 2nd pass. Ramsey actually played the worst of the 3 (not that he was bad by any means but House and Prince were better). Jalen could/should have given up two TDs. 

Quote:I came up with the same conclusion on 2nd pass. Ramsey actually played the worst of the 3 (not that he was bad by any means but House and Prince were better). Jalen could/should have given up two TDs. 

What are you calling the second pass?

I don't know how "the worst of the three" could have made a good impression on me and other Jaguars fans watching the whole game. A mistake here, another mistake there, then you do your job.

Quote:Looked like the guy the Giants drafted him to be. It's weird to see our defensive backs actually making plays on the ball rather than trailing the other team's receiver and hoping for a bad throw.

Dude just turned 27 in June too.

Unfortunately, he's on a 1-year contract right now.

Quote:What are you calling the second pass?

I don't know how "the worst of the three" could have made a good impression on me and other Jaguars fans watching the whole game. A mistake here, another mistake there, then you do your job.
second viewing of game I'd guess

House was a good slot guy in Green Bay. He should be in the slot with Ramsey and Prince outside until Colvin comes back.

Quote:The year is 2025, Jaguars just landed a top SS and pass rusher. But ARob, Hurns, and Bortles just retired. Damn.

Let's hope they play past their early 30's, and play well too. Point taken though. It's like my golf game. If I'm driving it well then I must be three putting half the holes. It's always something.