Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's talk SD matchups

Danny Woodhead concerns me. He is that player that can get 64 yards on the ground and 89 yards receiving with 2 tds.

Screens will need to be limited to short gains.

If we can get Jack on the field, he can stop players like Woodhead.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:@nyc, watch out for Verrett though. He's a decent player.

Verrett is more than decent, he might be a top 3 cover corner right now. That guy is a freak for his size, the problem for him is A-Rob is also a freak but stands 6'3 225 Lbs

Jags better win, I'm going to be there on the 50 yard line right behind the jags bench.

Quote:Verrett is more than decent, he might be a top 3 cover corner right now. That guy is a freak for his size, the problem for him is A-Rob is also a freak but stands 6'3 225 Lbs
Since ARob15 will be blanketed, it's Marquise Lee's time to shine going back to Southern Calif just like his USC days. 5 catches for 200+ receiving yards, 2 touch down catches, 1 punt and kickoff return for a td

Keenan Allen just tore his knee to shreds, so theres a plus. Allen Robinson has seriously picked on Verrett not only in the games but also in the pro bowl. AR15 is a mismatch to pretty much anyone 1-on-1, but more so against Verrett.

Quote:Rivers has thrown 15 tds with 4 int's vs the Jags over the years. He's had our number.
I hate comparisons like this.. We don't have nearly the same team. We have been straight garbage for over a decade. Making I think 1 playoff appearance?

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:Since ARob15 will be blanketed, it's Marquise Lee's time to shine going back to Southern Calif just like his USC days. 5 catches for 200+ receiving yards, 2 touch down catches, 1 punt and kickoff return for a td
Blanketed? Don't know if anyone in the league can blanket him.

I don't expect him too but I really hope Bosa doesn't make a big splash in his first game.

You know he will be the biggest storyline going into the game.....let's just make sure he isn't the

biggest coming out of it!

Quote:I hate comparisons like this.. We don't have nearly the same team. We have been straight garbage for over a decade. Making I think 1 playoff appearance?

Yeah i do too. It was just a stat I was throwing out there.

Quote:I don't expect him too but I really hope Bosa doesn't make a big splash in his first game.

You know he will be the biggest storyline going into the game.....let's just make sure he isn't the

biggest coming out of it!

You bring up a key point. Bosa hype will be in full effect. I bet their fans think he will get off on the Jaguars.

I hope he goes up against Beachum and Joke.

Plus Rivers is another year older and even less mobile than before.

If the Chargers O Line isn't as good as Green Bays(it isn't) we may rack up quite a few sacks and pressures.

Could also force some bad throws leading to picks.

Quote:Since ARob15 will be blanketed, it's Marquise Lee's time to shine going back to Southern Calif just like his USC days. 5 catches for 200+ receiving yards, 2 touch down catches, 1 punt and kickoff return for a td

hurnsy and Marqise should both have field days against Flowers and Casey heyward, A-Rob should have a nice day as well, I'm sure Oly will move him around.

Quote:You bring up a key point. Bosa hype will be in full effect. I bet their fans think he will get off on the Jaguars.

I hope he goes up against Beachum and Joke.
I think he will......let's hope those two "do their jobs!"

Any news on Ivory?

That really hurts.....especially to start the season because of the heat.

Swapping out fresh legs and cool heads every couple plays is such a huge advantage that we lost against GB.

Could really use it next week.

Quote:I think he will......let's hope those two "do their jobs!"

Yeah i think he will too. Beachum played awesome. I think Beachum will stone wall Bosa all game.

Also we should be able to crease that defense.

Melvin Ingram and Manti Teo (spelling) could be covering Thomas and that's a mismatch made in heaven.

Quote:Any news on Ivory?

That really hurts.....especially to start the season because of the heat.

Swapping out fresh legs and cool heads every couple plays is such a huge advantage that we lost against GB.

Could really use it next week.

We probably won't know anything until later in the week.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 04:02 PM by Caldrac.)

Historically we get our butts handed to us on the west coast. San Diego blew it yesterday in the 2nd half. The key with Rivers is that you absolutely must rush him and you have to bring the pressure. With Allen out now it should be easier for us to get after him. This game could go either way. I expect it to be close again though like we saw with the Packers but it could also be very ugly, because, like I pointed out it's just not very good when our team has to travel out West.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Historically we get our butts handed to us on the west coast. San Diego blew it yesterday in the 2nd half. The key with Rivers is that you absolutely must rush him and you have to bring the pressure. With Allen out now it should be easier for us to get after him. This game could go either way. I expect it to be close again though like we saw with the Packers but it could also be very ugly, because, like I pointed out it's just not very good when our team has to travel out West.

The Jaguars (historically) have been bad at the QB position, that more than anything has been the reason behind the West Coast struggles, that's changed now. Even if River goes off (I doubt it considering the lack of weapons in San Diego) we should be able to put up points, the Chargers aren't a good football team, that's one of the reasons why they gave up a 21 point lead yesterday. 

The Chargers just blew a 21 point lead to a guy who is much more a game manager than a gunslinger.  If we cannot have big numbers in this game we need to look at why. If Gus and the coaches cannot get a team ready to play on the wets coast someone should hand them a business card to a moving planner at Suddeth!!!!

What's so bad about a east team playing on the west coast. It's like playing a game 7pm. Players don't lose sleep.