Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's talk SD matchups

Quote:Eastern Time Zone vs Pacific Time Zone

The team in the Pacific Time Zone always wins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Anybody know our record on the west coast.

In the 21st century, it begins with a zero.

This is a guaranteed loss.  I don't remember last time we won a game on West Coast.  Rivers is just gonna torch us like he did last year, but this time he'll be at home. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:This is a guaranteed loss.  I don't remember last time we won a game on West Coast.  Rivers is just gonna torch us like he did last year, but this time he'll be at home. 
Might as well not even go to the game, boys

Save the flight money, and give it to KingJones he can see the future

Our defense STILL sucks. In Gus' YEAR #4

Quote:Our defense STILL sucks. In Gus' YEAR #4
I thought the linebackers and secondary looked really good. Ramsey is a straight up stud. Prince too. 

Holding the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year to 199 yards in the air.. total trash

Quote:Holding the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year to 199 yards in the air.. total trash
Yup, we will have a top 5 offense and defense

Quote:Keenan Allen just tore his knee to shreds, so there's a plus. Allen Robinson has seriously picked on Verrett not only in the games but also in the pro bowl. AR15 is a mismatch to pretty much anyone 1-on-1, but more so against Verrett.

Keenan Allen did not play against us last year either. That did not help us at all.

I posted this in another thread:

Gates is the only one who's really a threat in this game. And we just held Cook to minimal yardage. With Allen and Johnson out there isn't anyone even as good as Adams, let alone Nelson and Cobb. While River's is a vastly underrated QB, he's not Aaron Rodgers. If we could hold Rodgers to the performance he just had, I don't expect Rivers to fare much better, especially without his weapons. This is not the same old Jags team.

I think we'll tackle the trip out West similar to London now. We know how to travel that far, California should be easier IMO.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Defense ranks 5th in the National Football League as of right now....

Quote:I posted this in another thread:

Gates is the only one who's really a threat in this game. And we just held Cook to minimal yardage. With Allen and Johnson out there isn't anyone even as good as Adams, let alone Nelson and Cobb. While River's is a vastly underrated QB, he's not Aaron Rodgers. If we could hold Rodger's to the performance he just had, I don't expect Rivers to fare much better, especially without his weapons. This is not the same old Jags team.

I think we'll tackle the trip out West similar to London now. We know how to travel that far, California should be easier IMO.

History says knowing how to travel a very long distance means absolutely nothing on game day.

Quote:History says knowing how to travel a very long distance means absolutely nothing on game day.

Where's the link?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Where's the link?

You beat me to it.

Quote:Holding the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year to 199 yards in the air.. total trash

LOL. Packers averaged 23 ppg last year. We allowed 27. We allowed 28 ppg last year and were 31st in league. Some of you people still don't get it. 27-28 ppg = LOSS 9/10 times.

Quote:LOL. Packers averaged 23 ppg last year. We allowed 27. We allowed 28 ppg last year and were 31st in league. Some of you people still don't get it. 27-28 ppg = LOSS 9/10 times.

n/m

Quote:LOL. Packers averaged 23 ppg last year. We allowed 27. We allowed 28 ppg last year and were 31st in league. Some of you people still don't get it. 27-28 ppg = LOSS 9/10 times.
Last year the Packers were decimated by injuries.

What you don't get is that we held THE BEST QB in the league to 2 touch downs and less than 199 yards. If you put last years defense on the field against Rodgers, I guarantee we give up 350+ yards and 5 TDs easily. 

Now don't get me wrong, the pass rush stunk, it was awful. But our secondary is markedly improved, and since you want to site stats, as someone else pointed out, we are ranked #5 defense in the league after week one. 

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 04:50 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Defense ranks 5th in the National Football League as of right now....

Gus Bradley has NEVER been better than 25th in scoring defense in 4 seasons. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS; SCORING DEFENSE. Period. He was 31st last year.

Quote:Gus Bradley has NEVER been better than 25th in scoring defense in 4 seasons. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS; SCORING DEFENSE. Period. He was 31st last year.

Right now we're 20th in that category. We played against a Super Bowl team and we held Rodgers to 199 yards. And we gave up 95 yards rushing.

We hardly suck. In fact that is the biggest improvement in the league so far.

Quote:Gus Bradley has NEVER been better than 25th in scoring defense in 4 seasons.

Right now he is ranked 20th. So....