Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lowest Point In Jags History?

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 08:49 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

Is this the lowest point for you in Jags history? What can the Jags do to give you a spark?

For me, this is definitely the lowest I’ve felt about the Jags….. ever. The excitement of drafting Trevor last a pretty long time but after seeing them ruin the best prospect this team has ever had, my fandom is pretty low.

Then throw in the fact that they’re not competitive, offense is stale, defense/special teams are sloppy, injuries to star players…. It’s just been the lowest point for me.

To give me a spark, I need a big move at WR. With Godwin and Gallup going down, I need the next GM to make a trade for a proven WR. DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley (depending on a meeting with him), DK Metcalf, McLaurin, or even someone like Kenny Golladay. Someone to help Trevor because that’s most important. Then draft Thibs and go offense the entire rest of the way. Jahan Dotson in round 2 and another WR in round 3. 

If they go offense heavy in the off season and hire an offensive HC, the spark won’t be fully lit but at least they will have suckered me back in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree. This team needs players that can score points.

The defense still gave up 50 to a rookie QB. We need massive help in the secondary.

(01-03-2022, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Is this the lowest point for you in Jags history? What can the Jags do to give you a spark?

For me, this is definitely the lowest I’ve felt about the Jags….. ever. The excitement of drafting Trevor last a pretty long time but after seeing them ruin the best prospect this team has ever had, my fandom is pretty low.

Then throw in the fact that they’re not competitive, offense is stale, defense/special teams are sloppy, injuries to star players…. It’s just been the lowest point for me.

To give me a spark, I need a big move at WR. With Godwin and Gallup going down, I need the next GM to make a trade for a proven WR. DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley (depending on a meeting with him), DK Metcalf, McLaurin, or even someone like Kenny Golladay. Someone to help Trevor because that’s most important. Then draft Thibs and go offense the entire rest of the way. Jahan Dotson in round 2 and another WR in round 3. 

If they go offense heavy in the off season and hire an offensive HC, the spark won’t be fully lit but at least they will have suckered me back in.

Absolutely.

At least in 2012, you had the optimism of new ownership.

At least with last year, you had the optimism that comes with winning the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

But here, we're stuck with a horrible GM who has a horrible history of hiring horrible coaches with horrible draft picks.  We had a coach that ran the team completely into the ground, with scandal after scandal, embarrassment after embarrassment, on and off field.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yes. By far, yes. This team over the last 10 years has managed to set new lows. Whether it was by franchise or NFL standards. They continue to set new lows.

I see little to no reason to be excited this year as a fan. There's still no word or movement yet on the next hire at HC. There's still no word or movement yet on the potential firing of the GM.

This team under Khan in 10 years is now looking at it's 4th new hire as the HC. Under Weaver in 15 years. We only really had Coughlin and Del Rio.

I remember Coughlin being spit on after losing to the tinhorns during their expansion year. I remember tickets being given out at Winn Dixie or Publix as a kid to avoid potential blackouts in the market.

Man, would I give anything to see those years again. That says a lot. The only hope I have is in this fanbase and it's patience. It's remarkable.

But, yeah. Pretty low.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We have hit rock bottom. That’s for sure. We need to be really honest with ourselves about how bad this has gotten as a franchise. We have to go big in free agency and also take advantage of our draft position and multitude of draft picks. We cannot just keep setting back and say hey wait for next year.

Spark wise? For starters.

You have to hire the right coach and general manager that players want to work for and with.

Secondly. You have to do what New England did last year and that's spend BIG in free agency, build around your franchise QB and establish an identity on offense to compliment your defense.

This team literally did the [BLEEP] opposite last year. They spent [BLEEP] all in free agency, did little to build around your franchise QB and failed miserably in establishing an identity on offense to compliment an up and down defense.

The draft has to be on point. You can argue NEEDS Vs. BAP. All I'll say is that this team NEEDS it's BEST players to magically [BLEEP] appear on offense this year or it's 2021 all over again.

So.... have fun with that.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yes. Why? The utter absence of hope.

It is a common current among everyone. In the past there was always a percentage of the fanbase that held onto the optimism that things would get better. Almost no one feels that way now and the situation continues to worsen. Not only are we not winning games, but we also aren't even competitive while simultaneously grinding down the best chance we've ever had with a #1 prospect at QB. The reason for that is in the last 10 years the fans and sports media have come to the undeniable realization that Shad Khan is simply a terrible sports franchise owner. If there is a bad decision to be made amongst a raft of better decisions, he can be counted on to make the bad decision. His concern is with the ledger sheets, not the win/loss record. He talks a good game, but he whiffs like Wingard. At this very minute everyone in the NFL world, experts and fans alike, can see that keeping Baalke on the payroll is scuttling this franchise deeper every day he is still here, yet Khan stands fast. To make a bad situation worse, not only is Baalke still in charge, but he's now making a recommendation for HC that everyone can see is clearly not the best choice.

Khan is the problem. I appreciate all he's done but he needs to come to the realization that perhaps he should allow someone else to make the decisions for the team. The organization of this franchise is in shambles and the one man who has the ability to make it better seems deaf to the din and frozen with ineptitude.

This is definitely the lowest point in my history of being a fan, that's for sure. It's the first time I've questioned why I am still a fan of this team. What's the point if there is no hope?

I think my fandom really hit the bottom in the Texans game. We kick off, our defense forces a 3 and out, and we have a hands to the face penalty on the punt and give them a first down. Four plays into the game and I was already pissed off and wondering why I bought a ticket to see that.

God bless Shad Khan, he's a nice guy and the American dream personified, but he is a really terrible owner. I have no faith that he is going to pick the right people this offseason.

So why am I still here? Good question. I guess a 28 year habit is hard to break.

How the hell are they going to sell any season tickets next year? That stadium is going to be very empty.

My highest and lowest point with the Jags happened on the day. 14-2, playing the AFC Championship at home, then lose for third time to Tacks.

Yes, Frank Wycheck is still wide-open in the back of the endzone!

Yes, by a large margin. The highlight of the year, by far, is banding together with a huge amount of the fanbase to clown our owner and GM. That says it all right there.

This is definitely the lowest point I've ever been as a fan of this team. When the most consistent play you've seen on the field has been from your punter, you know you have an issue. We have sooooooooo many needs and with ownership making the same mistakes over and over and over, all of my hopes have been diminished. I just don't see any way out of this.

Glad I’m not the only one it seems.

If it truly is the lowest point, there’s no where to go but up I guess. Just sucks that this team consistently wins 2-5 games every year when other teams can consistently win 6+ No matter what.

(01-03-2022, 10:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Glad I’m not the only one it seems.

If it truly is the lowest point, there’s no where to go but up I guess. Just sucks that this team consistently wins 2-5 games every year when other teams can consistently win 6+ No matter what.

Nowhere to go but up?  No.  It's the lowest point so far.  But as we have seen time and time again, it can always get worse.

You probably shouldn't say that...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-03-2022, 10:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Nowhere to go but up?  No.  It's the lowest point so far.  But as we have seen time and time again, it can always get worse.
[BLEEP] scary thought is it not? LOL.

I keep saying that. However, wouldn't put it past this team to manage to go 0 - 17 next year.

You have to wonder if any of wolfie's conspiracies and ramblings about this team selling out and somehow moving are [BLEEP] true at some point! LOL.

At this point I would rather accept that we're the new whipping boy team of the NFL set in place by Big Brother and the NFL to enable some kind of high stakes betting operation.

When this franchise hits rock bottom:

[Image: 0add315fcfe8c7023aec4221caac17af.350x279x1.gif]

I think we've consistently proven we don't know what rock-bottom is.

Curious. I am sure a moderator can provide the details. Why did the team website ultimately shut down the fan forum?

I know it's been quite a few years now. However, I can recall a time where interaction between players and fans and even ownership occured on there.

Understanding of the presence on social media between FaceBook, InstaGram, Twitter and SnapChat. However, that's mostly limited to a younger audience.

Also, elder millienials, generation X and boomers are plenty capable of using such platforms. However, it's limited text/character wise. So, great fans with great thoughts are thus limited and cut off from voicing said concerns.

I am sure I understand the reasoning behind it. To an extent. Probably couldn't take the heat anymore. But, thoughts?

(01-03-2022, 10:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Curious. I am sure a moderator can provide the details. Why did the team website ultimately shut down the fan forum?

I know it's been quite a few years now. However, I can recall a time where interaction between players and fans and even ownership occured on there.

Understanding of the presence on social media between FaceBook, InstaGram, Twitter and SnapChat. However, that's mostly limited to a younger audience.

Also, elder millienials, generation X and boomers are plenty capable of using such platforms. However, it's limited text/character wise. So, great fans with great thoughts are thus limited and cut off from voicing said concerns.

I am sure I understand the reasoning behind it. To an extent. Probably couldn't take the heat anymore. But, thoughts?

You answered your own question.  The TEAM elected to shut down the message board on Jaguars.com and focus on other forms of social media.

As much as people whine about this board and the mods, these guys kept this up and running on their own.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 01:23 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 2 times in total.)

just think with the most overrated qb in nfl history it will get worse this next season. first team to go 0-17 ever?   It wouldn't surpise me if they did,or get the # 1 pick for the 3rd stright year in a row.

Jags  would be much better if they had a real franchise qb like a mac jones,instead of overrated overhyped Trevor.  Hes not a franchis qb.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.