Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lowest Point In Jags History?

(01-03-2022, 03:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Definitely seems the lowest we've been to me.

The next hires Khan makes will determine whether i renew STs or not.

You and a bunch of others. I think Khan has heard you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This definitely feels like the lowest point ever as a fan. The rampant displays of absolute incompetence are just inexcusable. I have no excitement and no hope for the future.

I reached rock-bottom during the Tennessee 20-0 game and have pretty much flat-lined since then. Definitely the lowest point for me.

It's a rebuild. What do you expect? It's not the worst it's been. It's just the feeling of an accumulation of losing seasons. Going into this season, there was a lot of optimism, so it's a huge let down after the way the season played out, but what did you expect? The front office traded all the talent away to do a rebuild.

(01-03-2022, 04:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: It's a rebuild. What do you expect? It's not the worst it's been. It's just the feeling of an accumulation of losing seasons. Going into this season, there was a lot of optimism, so it's a huge let down after the way the season played out, but what did you expect? The front office traded all the talent away to do a rebuild.

I expected my team and QB to be playing better by the end of the year, giving promise to the coming years.  Instead, our coach completely imploded, and the team is playing about as poorly as they ever have - definitely worse than early in the season. 
I wasn't expecting a winning season after 1-15 last year, but good grief this season could not have played out any worse and has been a complete waste.

^^ yeah I feel it. Let's hope for a great offseason. We need it badly

Lowest point? By far. I'm to the point I flat out don't CARE anymore. Im 42 years old, and have been married for 13 years. I have 3 kids aged 11, 10, and 8. Short of a magical 2017 season my children have NEVER known a GOOD Jaguars football team. At the beginning of every season, at least I had HOPE. We used to WIN the offseason. Free agency? We were big spenders. Jack Del Rio may have never won a division, but he played meaningful December football games. Blake may have never been an All Pro but at least he could chuck the ball and the defense would bail the offense out. Now? Please. It started after we looked completely clueless and outclassed in the first game against the Tinhorns. The team that was SUPPOSED to scrape the bottom of the AFC south this year, somehow has twice as many wins as we do...with a 3rd round QB. We've scored 227 points in 16 games. About 2 TDs a game. Our vaunted 'once in a generation' QB has 10TDs and 17 ints. (Davis Mills has 3 more TDs in 4 less games).

This all starts and ends with Khan. I don't care about big scoreboards, pools, or dog parks. I care about quality football. Someone said he left Baalke for 'continuity'. Well...that continuity has contributed to a 41-119 owner as an owner. That's an abysmal .256 winning percentage.

So yeah, this is about as low as it gets for a Jags fan. I honestly don't even care anymore. I live in North Carolina. After this season....if they retain Baalke as the GM, I'm going to pull a Lebron and 'take my talents' to support another team.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(01-03-2022, 05:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: Lowest point? By far. I'm to the point I flat out don't CARE anymore. Im 42 years old, and have been married for 13 years. I have 3 kids aged 11, 10, and 8. Short of a magical 2017 season my children have NEVER known a GOOD Jaguars football team. At the beginning of every season, at least I had HOPE. We used to WIN the offseason. Free agency? We were big spenders. Jack Del Rio may have never won a division, but he played meaningful December football games. Blake may have never been an All Pro but at least he could chuck the ball and the defense would bail the offense out. Now? Please. It started after we looked completely clueless and outclassed in the first game against the Tinhorns. The team that was SUPPOSED to scrape the bottom of the AFC south this year, somehow has twice as many wins as we do...with a 3rd round QB. We've scored 227 points in 16 games. About 2 TDs a game. Our vaunted 'once in a generation' QB has 10TDs and 17 ints. (Davis Mills has 3 more TDs in 4 less games).

This all starts and ends with Khan. I don't care about big scoreboards, pools, or dog parks. I care about quality football. Someone said he left Baalke for 'continuity'. Well...that continuity has contributed to a 41-119 owner as an owner. That's an abysmal .256 winning percentage.

So yeah, this is about as low as it gets for a Jags fan. I honestly don't even care anymore. I live in North Carolina. After this season....if they retain Baalke as the GM, I'm going to pull a Lebron and 'take my talents' to support another team.
PREACH!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 06:06 PM by Mikey.)

(01-03-2022, 01:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I get the sentiment about feeling like this is rock bottom given the clown show that was put on this year, but I'd argue that there is much more to be optimistic about regarding our situation than there was in 2012/2013.  There is talent on this roster.  Do not forget that key assets that were expected to contribute significantly this year were injured early on (Etienne, Chark).  Also, despite a disappointing rookie campaign for Trevor, my faith in him being "the guy" is unwavering at this time.  He stands tall in the pocket and goes through his progressions which is what is required for a QB to have a long successful career.  He's not elite yet.  He's not able to throw guys open yet.  He just doesn't have anything of note around him yet to help.  He will be better next year and he'll have weapons next year.  Those two things combined should mean a huge leap for him.

We also likely have the number 1 pick again and 1st pick in each round which means either a windfall of picks in a trade back scenario or another hopefully very good player at 1.  We also have extra picks next year.  We also have plenty of cap space.  This is an attractive situation for a GM and a coach.  Our owner is generally patient.  His hand was forced this year because of the circumstances and frequency of instances, but his generally patient nature is attractive to GM and Head Coach candidates.  Conversely, at the end of the Gene Smith era, we had very little talent.  Guys that started for us would not start on other rosters with very few exceptions.  Despite that, the number 1 pick eluded us and even though we often had a top 5 or top 10 pick, in retrospect the pick was often awful due to poor scouting or poor GM analysis/board building or both.  This was not an attractive situation at the time versus other vacancies (i.e. Kansas City).

I think the level of optimism that still exists for me makes this not a rock bottom situation.  If you feel like you have your QB, and I still strongly do, it can't be rock bottom.  Rock bottom would be never picking high enough to get your guy while wallowing at the bottom of the league for years, then finally getting your "guy" at 3 and committing to him way longer than you should have when it was plain as day he wasn't an NFL starting caliber quarterback (he was left handed, but threw with his right? And you knew this?  GTFOOH) and then missing out on Mahomes, Watson (even with his off the field issues), Jackson and probably others that you did have the opportunity to draft.  Rock bottom from here would be Trevor sustaining a career threatening injury or wanting out.

In short, the Jaguars GM/HC vacancies are attractive and probably the most attractive in the league this offseason.  We can't screw it up this time.  I'm presuming Baalke is gone at the end of the year, but keeping him would very likely be screwing it up.  I think Trevor realizes he has enough clout to request to be involved in the process which is what I'm presuming his request to meet with Khan 1 on 1 is about.  I think there are still more positives for our current situation than there were at the end of 2012 which makes 2012 closer to rock bottom than where we are now.  Barring catastrophic injury to Trevor, significantly brighter days for Jaguar fans are coming next year, I promise you.

You beat me to it. While we severely botched the HC/GM hire and imo wasted a buttload of draft capital this past offseason, I can't say this feels like the lowest we've ever been, because their is the potential for someone like Trevor to develop into a guy that you can build around for a decade. At 2012, we had a gunshy QB who quivered at the faintest footsteps, no depth due to some very questionable drafts thanks to Gene Smith, and the uncertainty of what lie ahead as ownership changed hands.

I can remember those years because I had so little hope for us accomplishing anything that I just didn't even bother watching on Sundays. I knew we were gonna be bad, and we were. We're bad now, but still have a change to change that arrow's direction. If we don't, the consequences will be dire, but it is too early to say this is the lowest we've ever been.

(01-03-2022, 02:30 PM)Jagson Wrote: I think the real question is. Can it get worse?

Are there any punters in the next darft that you would consider a "starter"?
Sick 

JDR saved Gene from looking as bad as a GM as Urbz looked as a coach.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 06:13 PM by Mikey.)

(01-03-2022, 04:53 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 04:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: It's a rebuild. What do you expect? It's not the worst it's been. It's just the feeling of an accumulation of losing seasons. Going into this season, there was a lot of optimism, so it's a huge let down after the way the season played out, but what did you expect? The front office traded all the talent away to do a rebuild.

I expected my team and QB to be playing better by the end of the year, giving promise to the coming years.  Instead, our coach completely imploded, and the team is playing about as poorly as they ever have - definitely worse than early in the season. 
I wasn't expecting a winning season after 1-15 last year, but good grief this season could not have played out any worse and has been a complete waste.

/looks to 2020 Bungles

Don't you dare wish worse on us.

Little stepping on TLaw's ankle against the Bills (IIRC) was enough scare for me, thanks. 

Otherwise, yeah, this is one of the darker possibilities, I'll grant that.

(01-03-2022, 05:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: Lowest point? By far. I'm to the point I flat out don't CARE anymore. Im 42 years old, and have been married for 13 years. I have 3 kids aged 11, 10, and 8. Short of a magical 2017 season my children have NEVER known a GOOD Jaguars football team. At the beginning of every season, at least I had HOPE. We used to WIN the offseason. Free agency? We were big spenders. Jack Del Rio may have never won a division, but he played meaningful December football games. Blake may have never been an All Pro but at least he could chuck the ball and the defense would bail the offense out. Now? Please.  It started after we looked completely clueless and outclassed in the first game against the Tinhorns. The team that was SUPPOSED to scrape the bottom of the AFC south this year, somehow has twice as many wins as we do...with a 3rd round QB. We've scored 227 points in 16 games. About 2 TDs a game. Our vaunted 'once in a generation' QB has 10TDs and 17 ints. (Davis Mills has 3 more TDs in 4 less games). 

I kinda want Shad to do this now just to see if E!SPN gives you a special to announce your newfound fandom Big Grin

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2022/01/...n-tickets/

Disgruntlement has reached a fever pitch I’ve never seen before.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 09:35 AM by Brett. Edited 2 times in total.)

I've never lived a day in Jacksonville. Heck, I've only driven by the stadium/city once in my 34 years of life. I chose them to be my team when I was 8 years old in 1995 because I liked the logo. Stupid huh?

I've had every chance to pull away from this team with all reasoning to do so, especially being told this by family/friends who don't understand my loyalty. I'm just numb to it all.

(01-04-2022, 09:34 AM)Brett Wrote: I've never lived a day in Jacksonville. Heck, I've only driven by the stadium/city once in my 34 years of life. I chose them to be my team when I was 8 years old in 1995 because I liked the logo. Stupid huh?

I've had every chance to pull away from this team with all reasoning to do so, especially being told this by family/friends who don't understand my loyalty. I'm just numb to it all.

I'm in the same boat as you, Brett. I picked the Jags because I liked the logo and name and because I was really impressed with the enthusiasm and excitement of the people of Jacksonville. 

Well, they screwed up the logo and the people just aren't very excited anymore. But still I remain loyal . . .
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-04-2022, 11:03 AM)Sibelius Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 09:34 AM)Brett Wrote: I've never lived a day in Jacksonville. Heck, I've only driven by the stadium/city once in my 34 years of life. I chose them to be my team when I was 8 years old in 1995 because I liked the logo. Stupid huh?

I'm in the same boat as you, Brett. I picked the Jags because I liked the logo and name and because I was really impressed with the enthusiasm and excitement of the people of Jacksonville. 

Well, they screwed up the logo and the people just aren't very excited anymore. But still I remain loyal . . .

You both have an out, Khan changed the logo.  Hmmm..........Maybe changing it back would lift the curse?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I live in Maryland and it would have been very easy to switch to the Ravens (never the WFT. Dan Snyder is worse than Shad).

And yet here we are…..

Only one of my six kids was infected by my football enthusiasm for the Jaguars. His wife wants to watch the Chiefs and loves Mahomes (why wouldn't she). He is a die hard like me but we are very low. It can get worse. The destruction of Trevor Lawrence would be the real low. I think the owner is capable of pulling off that feat.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 11:49 AM by NCJag. Edited 1 time in total.)

I lived in Middleburg when the franchise was awarded. I was 14. It was exciting, and I remember people coming to school the NEXT DAY wearing Jags gear. We moved back into Jacksonville in 1994. The first game I ever went to was the Jags/Panthers game on September 29th 1996. James "Little Man Stewart" had 2 rushing TDs. Jimmy Smith had a receiving TD, and Smeenge/Brackens each had 2 sacks. Jags won 24-14. I graduated, joined the military and went off to see the world. I still tried to make it back to take in at least ONE game a season from 01-18. I got stationed in Jacksonville for a short spell and was able to participate in pregame ceremonies on the field. I did the color guard for the first game after 9/11. (Jags beat tacks 13-6). I was at the River City Relay game. (We left EARLY!) I was at the Browns/Jags Hail Mary game. I got stationed in NC, but still managed to make a game a year: I was at the I took my then fiancé (now wife of going on 14 years) to the Jags/Panthers game on 12/9/2007. The Jags SMOKED the Panthers 37-6. My mom/step dad had got up to leave and head to the exits about halfway through the 4th quarter and I said, "We'll leave after this posses-," and then Freddy rips off an 80 yard TD run.....beautiful. Took the wife to the Thursday night game in 2014 against the tacks. Jordan Todman put the game away with a 62 yard scamper in the 4th qtr. I evacuated from Hurricane Florence in 2018 and we went to the Patriots game, and oh my GOD....the place was a madhouse that game! Keelan Cole made one of the greatest catches I have ever seen in my LIFE! The BOAT was mad bombing for almost 400 yards and 4 TDS. Brady was having a meltdown on the sidelines. Good times.

And that was the last game I ever went to. Why would I ever want to go back? Even in the games that I went to that we LOST (Jags/Titans 2013: The Brad Meester Reception!), there was energy and passion from the fans. Now? Theres NOTHING. Why should there be? The ownership/management doesn't care. Khan still makes money regardless. The players still get paid. At least back in the day, even in a LOSS I was entertained. Now? Nah...almost 30 years of supporting this team and I just can't seem to CARE anymore. Maybe it's time they return the favor and support US?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(01-04-2022, 11:15 AM)copycat Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 11:03 AM)Sibelius Wrote: I'm in the same boat as you, Brett. I picked the Jags because I liked the logo and name and because I was really impressed with the enthusiasm and excitement of the people of Jacksonville. 

You both have an out, Khan changed the logo.  Hmmm..........Maybe changing it back would lift the curse?

I'm good with giving it a try!
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-04-2022, 11:46 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Only one of my six kids was infected by my football enthusiasm for the Jaguars. His wife wants to watch the Chiefs and loves Mahomes (why wouldn't she). He is a die hard like me but we are very low. It can get worse. The destruction of Trevor Lawrence would be the real low.  I think the owner is capable of pulling off that feat.

If Khan makes another stupid decision in the coming weeks and this is the result, I honestly believe that would be the death knell for fan support.

on top of it jags are winless this year. its 2022,and jags haven't won a game. will probbley end up 0-2 to start the year.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.