Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lowest Point In Jags History?

(01-04-2022, 11:48 AM)NCJag Wrote: I lived in Middleburg when the franchise was awarded. I was 14. It was exciting, and I remember people coming to school the NEXT DAY wearing Jags gear. We moved back into Jacksonville in 1994. The first game I ever went to was the Jags/Panthers game on September 29th 1996. James "Little Man Stewart" had 2 rushing TDs. Jimmy Smith had a receiving TD, and Smeenge/Brackens each had 2 sacks. Jags won 24-14. I graduated, joined the military and went off to see the world. I still tried to make it back to take in at least ONE game a season from 01-18. I got stationed in Jacksonville for a short spell and was able to participate in pregame ceremonies on the field. I did the color guard for the first game after 9/11. (Jags beat tacks 13-6). I was at the River City Relay game. (We left EARLY!) I was at the Browns/Jags Hail Mary game. I got stationed in NC, but still managed to make a game a year: I was at the I took my then fiancé (now wife of going on 14 years) to the Jags/Panthers game on 12/9/2007. The Jags SMOKED the Panthers 37-6. My mom/step dad had got up to leave and head to the exits about halfway through the 4th quarter and I said, "We'll leave after this posses-," and then Freddy rips off an 80 yard TD run.....beautiful. Took the wife to the Thursday night game in 2014 against the tacks. Jordan Todman put the game away with a 62 yard scamper in the 4th qtr. I evacuated from Hurricane Florence in 2018 and we went to the Patriots game, and oh my GOD....the place was a madhouse that game!  Keelan Cole made one of the greatest catches I have ever seen in my LIFE! The BOAT was mad bombing for almost 400 yards and 4 TDS. Brady was having a meltdown on the sidelines. Good times.

And that was the last game I ever went to. Why would I ever want to go back? Even in the games that I went to that we LOST (Jags/Titans 2013: The Brad Meester Reception!), there was energy and passion from the fans. Now? Theres NOTHING. Why should there be? The ownership/management doesn't care. Khan still makes money regardless. The players still get paid. At least back in the day, even in a LOSS I was entertained. Now? Nah...almost 30 years of supporting this team and I just can't seem to CARE anymore. Maybe it's time they return the favor and support US?

I was there as I was for every home game while I still lived in Jax.  Oddly, the bolded above, was when it all went south and it's sucked since.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2022, 12:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 11:48 AM)NCJag Wrote: I lived in Middleburg when the franchise was awarded. I was 14. It was exciting, and I remember people coming to school the NEXT DAY wearing Jags gear. We moved back into Jacksonville in 1994. The first game I ever went to was the Jags/Panthers game on September 29th 1996. James "Little Man Stewart" had 2 rushing TDs. Jimmy Smith had a receiving TD, and Smeenge/Brackens each had 2 sacks. Jags won 24-14. I graduated, joined the military and went off to see the world. I still tried to make it back to take in at least ONE game a season from 01-18. I got stationed in Jacksonville for a short spell and was able to participate in pregame ceremonies on the field. I did the color guard for the first game after 9/11. (Jags beat tacks 13-6). I was at the River City Relay game. (We left EARLY!) I was at the Browns/Jags Hail Mary game. I got stationed in NC, but still managed to make a game a year: I was at the I took my then fiancé (now wife of going on 14 years) to the Jags/Panthers game on 12/9/2007. The Jags SMOKED the Panthers 37-6. My mom/step dad had got up to leave and head to the exits about halfway through the 4th quarter and I said, "We'll leave after this posses-," and then Freddy rips off an 80 yard TD run.....beautiful. Took the wife to the Thursday night game in 2014 against the tacks. Jordan Todman put the game away with a 62 yard scamper in the 4th qtr. I evacuated from Hurricane Florence in 2018 and we went to the Patriots game, and oh my GOD....the place was a madhouse that game!  Keelan Cole made one of the greatest catches I have ever seen in my LIFE! The BOAT was mad bombing for almost 400 yards and 4 TDS. Brady was having a meltdown on the sidelines. Good times.

And that was the last game I ever went to. Why would I ever want to go back? Even in the games that I went to that we LOST (Jags/Titans 2013: The Brad Meester Reception!), there was energy and passion from the fans. Now? Theres NOTHING. Why should there be? The ownership/management doesn't care. Khan still makes money regardless. The players still get paid. At least back in the day, even in a LOSS I was entertained. Now? Nah...almost 30 years of supporting this team and I just can't seem to CARE anymore. Maybe it's time they return the favor and support US?

I was there as I was for every home game while I still lived in Jax.  Oddly, the bolded above, was when it all went south and it's sucked since.
I feel like we “sold our soul” to finally beat the Pats and Brady….and now the bill came due?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Jimmy Smith on the radio saying he is in touch with Khan and floating an idea of forming a "Jags of the Roundtable" of former players working to change the team culture back to how it was. He also mentioned the entrance to the team facilities at the stadium sets an ominous tone and present a "dungeon" atmosphere because the walls, ceiling and floor are all black. Jimmy says change it back to all white as it was in the old days to present a more uplifting atmosphere. It seems like a little thing, but if it stands out to a former very successful player, then it definitely means something.

(01-04-2022, 02:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jimmy Smith on the radio saying he is in touch with Khan and floating an idea of forming a "Jags of the Roundtable" of former players working to change the team culture back to how it was. He also mentioned the entrance to the team facilities at the stadium sets an ominous tone and present a "dungeon" atmosphere because the walls, ceiling and floor are all black. Jimmy says change it back to all white as it was in the old days to present a more uplifting atmosphere. It seems like a little thing, but if it stands out to a former very successful player, then it definitely means something.
This would be a start: get Jimmy, Tony, Fred, Mike Pete, Rashean, Kevin Hardy and a bunch of other players actually COMMITTED to winning to start hanging around the team. Help them build an identity.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 02:32 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-04-2022, 12:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

That game was the ultimate tease. We all thought "Okay. Not bad! Maybe 2017 wasn't a fluke!". Then, as you said, it just went off the [BLEEP] rails from there. Would have made Mike Tice blush in envy.

That game was something else. I remember that awesome shot of Ramsey coming out to slap Bortles hand with that look of determination and "hell yeah, man".

That's what a good team is supposed to do. You feed off each other. Too bad they ended up cannibilazing themselves. The captains of the locker room. Or, at least the clear cut superstars just couldn't keep it together.

Shame. Was hoping we would see a 4 year run start in the play offs with a Lombardi hoisted up at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 02:49 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2022, 02:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 12:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I was there as I was for every home game while I still lived in Jax.  Oddly, the bolded above, was when it all went south and it's sucked since.
That game was the ultimate tease. We all thought "Okay. Not bad! Maybe 2017 wasn't a fluke!". Then, as you said, it just went off the [BLEEP] rails from there. Would have made Mike Tice blush in envy.

That game was something else. I remember that awesome shot of Ramsey coming out to slap Bortles hand with that look of determination and "hell yeah, man".

That's what a good team is supposed to do. You feed off each other. Too bad they ended up cannibilazing themselves. The captains of the locker room. Or, at least the clear cut superstars just couldn't keep it together.

Shame. Was hoping we would see a 4 year run start in the play offs with a Lombardi hoisted up at some point.

Unfortunately, beyond crappy play later in the year, that was when the offensive line started falling apart and Bortles started to totally lose it later in the season.  If memory serves me correctly, both OT got hurt in that game and we were playing street free agents by the end of the year.

That Pats game was a [BLEEP] blast.  I still remember Brady screaming in his offensive line's face, "Do your job!"  I thought he was going to cry.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Smile 

(01-04-2022, 02:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 02:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That game was the ultimate tease. We all thought "Okay. Not bad! Maybe 2017 wasn't a fluke!". Then, as you said, it just went off the [BLEEP] rails from there. Would have made Mike Tice blush in envy.

Unfortunately, beyond crappy play later in the year, that was when the offensive line started falling apart and Bortles started to totally lose it later in the season.  If memory serves me correctly, both OT got hurt in that game and we were playing street free agents by the end of the year.

That Pats game was a [BLEEP] blast.  I still remember Brady screaming in his offensive line's face, "Do your job!"  I thought he was going to cry.
That was my biggest take away from the game. Not Keelan, not Blake throwing the game of his life, but Brady having a tantrum on the sidelines. That was the BEST. We were 2-0 after that game and 3-1 after the first quarter of the season in 2018. Then EVERYTHING came apart....

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 03:20 PM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2022, 02:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That game was the ultimate tease. We all thought "Okay. Not bad! Maybe 2017 wasn't a fluke!". Then, as you said, it just went off the [BLEEP] rails from there. Would have made Mike Tice blush in envy.

This season has been the lowest point but 2018 was the most difficult season. Seeing it all just crumble away after that 3-1 start. That win over NE seemed to be the proof this team could win the AFC and then the season just nosedived.

Talking of great games, 2017 against Seattle will live long in my memory. Seeing the Bank packed again, the locals having fun and throwing beers at the ejected Seahawks players, scoring points, big plays, it was everything we had been waiting for.

Theres one thing that gives me hope and im not trying to derail the thread but the first year for a rookie QB is always tough, but we have thrown every wrong move and bad situation we could have at Lawrence this year and the kid just keeps rolling with the punches. Doesnt complain, doesnt lose his head, keeps going out and trying to make something happen. Theres something to appreciate with how hes handled himself this season, especially with the reputation he has. Never complained or come out in the media moaning, just gets on with it.

Its not what you want to do with your rookie QB but i think it may make him stronger down the line.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 03:38 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-04-2022, 03:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 02:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Unfortunately, beyond crappy play later in the year, that was when the offensive line started falling apart and Bortles started to totally lose it later in the season.  If memory serves me correctly, both OT got hurt in that game and we were playing street free agents by the end of the year.

This season has been the lowest point but 2018 was the most difficult season. Seeing it all just crumble away after that 3-1 start. That win over NE seemed to be the proof this team could win the AFC and then the season just nosedived.

Talking of great games, 2017 against Seattle will live long in my memory. Seeing the Bank packed again, the locals having fun and throwing beers at the ejected Seahawks players, scoring points, big plays, it was everything we had been waiting for.

Theres one thing that gives me hope and im not trying to derail the thread but the first year for a rookie QB is always tough, but we have thrown every wrong move and bad situation we could have at Lawrence this year and the kid just keeps rolling with the punches. Doesnt complain, doesnt lose his head, keeps going out and trying to make something happen. Theres something to appreciate with how hes handled himself this season, especially with the reputation he has. Never complained or come out in the media moaning, just gets on with it.

Its not what you want to do with your rookie QB but i think it may make him stronger down the line.
Whats a great sight to see for me, is another Jags fan with some common sense and good logic posting. We already have some good ones but keep raising the ratio.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-04-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I live in Maryland and it would have been very easy to switch to the Ravens (never the WFT. Dan Snyder is worse than Shad).

And yet here we are…..

I'm an hour south of Cincy...I could be rooting for the most exciting up and coming offense in the league. Why is fandom such a hell of a drug...sigh.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 04:43 PM by Brett.)

(01-04-2022, 03:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I live in Maryland and it would have been very easy to switch to the Ravens (never the WFT. Dan Snyder is worse than Shad).

And yet here we are…..

I'm an hour south of Cincy...I could be rooting for the most exciting up and coming offense in the league. Why is fandom such a hell of a drug...sigh.

I grew up in Cincinnati for 15 years as a kid. Almost wish I would have just been a Bengals fan at this rate since I've never even lived in the state of Florida.

Our group tailgated with some Pats fans at this game. They were really cool, very introspective fans who knew thier football. Also very classy and congratulatory after taking the loss. Was the last really great win this franchise has had.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 05:31 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

2017 should have been the year they won the Superbowl. I know we're not supposed to dwell on the past. But, man, look, that AFCC game with the Patriots was BULL [BLEEP]. Big time, major leauge, BULL [BLEEP]. I even recall Boomer Esiason calling out that bogus PI call on Bouye to give the Patriots an easy score before half time.

The one play that really, really pissed me off before half time though was after Bortles hit Marcedes Lewis for a 1st down catch on a critical 3rd down that could have led to points on that drive. The refs decided after the ball was snapped, the play was ran and Lewis completed a catch for a first down that they would then decide to throw the flag and say it was a dead ball missed call for false start or something to that effect.

Obviously, we all know Myles Jack wasn't down. That one ref in the group of Patriots celebrating with them and [BLEEP]. That same ref coming up to Brady after the game to basically blow him and stroke his ego at the 50 yard line, the blatant PI's not being called on Lewis and Westbrook when they were being mugged by defenders in the 4th quarter.

Goes on and on. [BLEEP] makes me sick. I really think they had a chance to beat Foles and the Eagles in that Superbowl that year. I really hope Belichick deliberately threw that game too. There's a great video on YouTube of a guy breaking that down from every aspect because of the beef that was brewing between Belichick, Brady and Kraft over the whole Jimmy G situation and Brady's trainer, etc.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-04-2022, 02:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Unfortunately, beyond crappy play later in the year, that was when the offensive line started falling apart and Bortles started to totally lose it later in the season.  If memory serves me correctly, both OT got hurt in that game and we were playing street free agents by the end of the year.

Your comment about Lawrence is so spot on.

(01-03-2022, 05:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: Lowest point? By far. I'm to the point I flat out don't CARE anymore. Im 42 years old, and have been married for 13 years. I have 3 kids aged 11, 10, and 8. Short of a magical 2017 season my children have NEVER known a GOOD Jaguars football team. At the beginning of every season, at least I had HOPE. We used to WIN the offseason. Free agency? We were big spenders. Jack Del Rio may have never won a division, but he played meaningful December football games. Blake may have never been an All Pro but at least he could chuck the ball and the defense would bail the offense out. Now? Please.  It started after we looked completely clueless and outclassed in the first game against the Tinhorns. The team that was SUPPOSED to scrape the bottom of the AFC south this year, somehow has twice as many wins as we do...with a 3rd round QB. We've scored 227 points in 16 games. About 2 TDs a game. Our vaunted 'once in a generation' QB has 10TDs and 17 ints. (Davis Mills has 3 more TDs in 4 less games). 

This all starts and ends with Khan. I don't care about big scoreboards, pools, or dog parks. I care about quality football. Someone said he left Baalke for 'continuity'. Well...that continuity has contributed to a 41-119 owner as an owner. That's an abysmal .256 winning percentage.

So yeah, this is about as low as it gets for a Jags fan. I honestly don't even care anymore. I live in North Carolina. After this season....if they retain Baalke as the GM, I'm going to pull a Lebron and 'take my talents' to support another team.

Nice summary. Thank you for your service.

Why would you go back?  I don't think anyone has an answer to that right now other than to support keeping the franchise in Jacksonville. It sure as hell isn't about watching the product on the field. I have more fun cutting grass on Sunday than watching the game.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 07:17 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-04-2022, 05:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 2017 should have been the year they won the Superbowl. I know we're not supposed to dwell on the past. But, man, look, that AFCC game with the Patriots was BULL [BLEEP]. Big time, major leauge, BULL [BLEEP]. I even recall Boomer Esiason calling out that bogus PI call on Bouye to give the Patriots an easy score before half time.

The one play that really, really pissed me off before half time though was after Bortles hit Marcedes Lewis for a 1st down catch on a critical 3rd down that could have led to points on that drive. The refs decided after the ball was snapped, the play was ran and Lewis completed a catch for a first down that they would then decide to throw the flag and say it was a dead ball missed call for false start or something to that effect.

Obviously, we all know Myles Jack wasn't down. That one ref in the group of Patriots celebrating with them and [BLEEP]. That same ref coming up to Brady after the game to basically blow him and stroke his ego at the 50 yard line, the blatant PI's not being called on Lewis and Westbrook when they were being mugged by defenders in the 4th quarter.

Goes on and on. [BLEEP] makes me sick. I really think they had a chance to beat Foles and the Eagles in that Superbowl that year. I really hope Belichick deliberately threw that game too. There's a great video on YouTube of a guy breaking that down from every aspect because of the beef that was brewing between Belichick, Brady and Kraft over the whole Jimmy G situation and Brady's trainer, etc.
I will forever remember that screw job and prob never 4give the league for that.....Oh and that week 1 home GB rodgers game where they blew 20 plus call and sent a $%^#*# apology letter to excuse the forced L.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-04-2022, 06:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 05:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: Lowest point? By far. I'm to the point I flat out don't CARE anymore. Im 42 years old, and have been married for 13 years. I have 3 kids aged 11, 10, and 8. Short of a magical 2017 season my children have NEVER known a GOOD Jaguars football team. At the beginning of every season, at least I had HOPE. We used to WIN the offseason. Free agency? We were big spenders. Jack Del Rio may have never won a division, but he played meaningful December football games. Blake may have never been an All Pro but at least he could chuck the ball and the defense would bail the offense out. Now? Please.  It started after we looked completely clueless and outclassed in the first game against the Tinhorns. The team that was SUPPOSED to scrape the bottom of the AFC south this year, somehow has twice as many wins as we do...with a 3rd round QB. We've scored 227 points in 16 games. About 2 TDs a game. Our vaunted 'once in a generation' QB has 10TDs and 17 ints. (Davis Mills has 3 more TDs in 4 less games). 

This all starts and ends with Khan. I don't care about big scoreboards, pools, or dog parks. I care about quality football. Someone said he left Baalke for 'continuity'. Well...that continuity has contributed to a 41-119 owner as an owner. That's an abysmal .256 winning percentage.

So yeah, this is about as low as it gets for a Jags fan. I honestly don't even care anymore. I live in North Carolina. After this season....if they retain Baalke as the GM, I'm going to pull a Lebron and 'take my talents' to support another team.

Nice summary. Thank you for your service.

Why would you go back?  I don't think anyone has an answer to that right now other than to support keeping the franchise in Jacksonville. It sure as hell isn't about watching the product on the field. I have more fun cutting grass on Sunday than watching the game.

Appreciate it. I retired 4 years ago and since my mother passed away, I really have no reason TO come back to Jax. I live in NC now and about 4 hours from Charlotte. I could easily jump on the Panthers bandwagon. 

Why do I keep coming back? I dunno….guess I’m just holding onto good memories and hope one day the team will love me as much as I loved them, lol.

But you’re right: I ever since week 1, I spend Sundays doing yard work, playing video games with the kids and other things. Much less stressful. I read the NFL recap later in the evening and chuckle at the ineptitude. It’s much nicer looking at the results through a lens of having nothing invested in it.

(01-03-2022, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: To give me a spark, I need a big move at WR. Calvin Ridley (depending on a meeting with him)

https://twitter.com/DukesandBell929/stat...1329843203

(01-04-2022, 09:36 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: To give me a spark, I need a big move at WR. Calvin Ridley (depending on a meeting with him)

https://twitter.com/DukesandBell929/stat...1329843203
Not sure about this. He's been sitting out for mental health reasons. There's been a few episodes this season in the NFL with players losing their cool and citing mental health as a source.

That's the last thing this team needs after the circus show it put on display in 2021. Ridley is a great talent, however, if his mental health is in bad shape in Atlanta?

Lord knows what this team might do to him.

absolutely!!  I totally agree with what
you are saying... many think this broke him I think it's just making him a better stronger player