Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lowest Point In Jags History?

(01-04-2022, 03:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I live in Maryland and it would have been very easy to switch to the Ravens (never the WFT. Dan Snyder is worse than Shad).

And yet here we are…..

I'm an hour south of Cincy...I could be rooting for the most exciting up and coming offense in the league. Why is fandom such a hell of a drug...sigh.

I used to live in Westchester county when I was younger... north of Cincinnati... hated it with a passion... definitely didn't root for Cincinnati back then definitely not rooting for them now... but I did play in riverfront stadium on my pee wee football team... lol fourth grade...Lakota tomahawks!! last game of the season we got to play in the stadium and have our names up on the screens It was pretty cool...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's the lowest point because as of right now the guy who was supposed to save the franchise looks as lost as the rest of them.

Lawrence isn't going to be this bad next year unless we crap the bed in free agency/draft. As much crap as I give him for his performance, there is still redeeming qualities and room for improvement outside of just him. I don't think we will be very good next year but i'd imagine his career trajectory will look similar to Josh Allens in Buffalo. The question is, will we go get Trevors Stefon Diggs this year in Adams or will we wait until the 3rd year?

Everything about this team seems to be on a downward trajectory from the game day experience to the talent level to the people in charge. I'm an original season ticket holder, have had tickets every year except the Covid year and we're not going to be renewing this year. I'll still root for them to win and maybe go to an occasional game or two but this decade+ of misery is even knocking off the die hards of which I count myself one. It's just too much.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-05-2022, 08:44 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Everything about this team seems to be on a downward trajectory from the game day experience to the talent level to the people in charge. I'm an original season ticket holder, have had tickets every year except the Covid year and we're not going to be renewing this year. I'll still root for them to win and maybe go to an occasional game or two but this decade+ of misery is even knocking off the die hards of which I count myself one. It's just too much.

Will the HC and (potential) GM hire change your mind?

(01-05-2022, 08:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:44 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Everything about this team seems to be on a downward trajectory from the game day experience to the talent level to the people in charge. I'm an original season ticket holder, have had tickets every year except the Covid year and we're not going to be renewing this year. I'll still root for them to win and maybe go to an occasional game or two but this decade+ of misery is even knocking off the die hards of which I count myself one. It's just too much.

Since I may be back in the Jax area before next season, I may re-up on the season tickets after a two year hiatus depending on GM, HC, FA and the draft.  That's a lot of acronyms.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 10:30 AM by Mikey.)

(01-04-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 09:34 AM)Brett Wrote: I've never lived a day in Jacksonville. Heck, I've only driven by the stadium/city once in my 34 years of life. I chose them to be my team when I was 8 years old in 1995 because I liked the logo. Stupid huh?

I've had every chance to pull away from this team with all reasoning to do so, especially being told this by family/friends who don't understand my loyalty. I'm just numb to it all.
I live in Maryland and it would have been very easy to switch to the Ravens (never the WFT. Dan Snyder is worse than Shad).

And yet here we are…..

I applaud you for not supporting Modell's franchise. What is it with craptastic owners in the shield?

(01-04-2022, 02:16 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 02:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jimmy Smith on the radio saying he is in touch with Khan and floating an idea of forming a "Jags of the Roundtable" of former players working to change the team culture back to how it was. He also mentioned the entrance to the team facilities at the stadium sets an ominous tone and present a "dungeon" atmosphere because the walls, ceiling and floor are all black. Jimmy says change it back to all white as it was in the old days to present a more uplifting atmosphere. It seems like a little thing, but if it stands out to a former very successful player, then it definitely means something.
This would be a start: get Jimmy, Tony, Fred, Mike Pete, Rashean, Kevin Hardy and a bunch of other players actually COMMITTED to winning to start hanging around the team. Help them build an identity.

Isn't Big Hen still in the area?

Maybe he can slap some sense into Shad

(01-05-2022, 08:44 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Everything about this team seems to be on a downward trajectory from the game day experience

I remember when Jacksonville won the game day experience award from the NFL a handful of years ago. That deluxe menu ChefJags put together before he moved to Tampa looked awesome as far as stadium food is concerned (although I'm sure it was outrageously expensive). Now all I see fans post during games is terrible, similarly expensive concession food from that lifeless Delaware corp. It really feels like Shad has mailed it in to be honest.

(01-05-2022, 10:45 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:44 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Everything about this team seems to be on a downward trajectory from the game day experience

I remember when Jacksonville won the game day experience award from the NFL a handful of years ago. That deluxe menu ChefJags put together before he moved to Tampa looked awesome as far as stadium food is concerned (although I'm sure it was outrageously expensive). Now all I see fans post during games is terrible, similarly expensive concession food from that lifeless Delaware corp. It really feels like Shad has mailed it in to be honest.

$11.50 for a beer.  Then they hand you that ipad with the "suggested tips" on it, and the service person stares at you while you pick out her tip.  So, $11.50 plus tip.   A single bud light for $11.50 plus tip.

(01-05-2022, 12:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:45 AM)Upper Wrote: I remember when Jacksonville won the game day experience award from the NFL a handful of years ago. That deluxe menu ChefJags put together before he moved to Tampa looked awesome as far as stadium food is concerned (although I'm sure it was outrageously expensive). Now all I see fans post during games is terrible, similarly expensive concession food from that lifeless Delaware corp. It really feels like Shad has mailed it in to be honest.

$11.50 for a beer.  Then they hand you that ipad with the "suggested tips" on it, and the service person stares at you while you pick out her tip.  So, $11.50 plus tip.   A single bud light for $11.50 plus tip.

Jags Fan at concession stand: "Looks like I picked a good day to give up drinking"
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-05-2022, 08:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Maybe but right now just not feeling it.

(01-05-2022, 10:45 AM)Upper Wrote:

I don't think you can even get a draft beer any more unless I just haven't seen where they're serving it. Just warm cans running 12  to 16 bucks. The food sucks. There aren't any pregame activities like there used to be before Dailys' place. That's not why I go/don't go but it is all part of the experience.

Incidentally, at the Buffalo game there was a dude getting serviced by a gal in a bathroom stall. Where's security? There were kids in there.

The next bathroom had literal crap smeared on a wall, puke in a sink and trash strewn all over the floor. It wasn't even a night game. Where's the cleaning staff? I wouldn't care if the team was winning but when they've sucked for decades on top of all that, it's just not worth it anymore.

Maybe I'm just getting too old, lol