Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A positive. Maybe let Cam and Taylor walk. Little at LT and find another RT!!

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 06:52 PM by jaguarmvp.)

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...07843?s=20

https://twitter.com/SportsGrind_Don/stat...70083?s=20

Little is doing big things
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well. He was drafted in RD2 for a reason. Primarliy because the expectation was Robinson would not be back. Taylor has been garbage.

I think they should still pursue Teron Armstead, Orlando Brown Jr., Duane Brown and Brandon Scherff to add starting potential to the offensive line.

Draft Tyler Vrabel just to spite his dad. He's a solid prospect though. Could compete for RT here. Easily.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I like the idea of getting 1 or 2 big uglies in free agency - love to see Brandon Scherff here - so we can focus our top picks elsewhere.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

It's one game. I really hope Walker Little can be a starter going forward, but until I know for sure, I'm leaning towards tagging Cam Robinson. I'd love to add a good OT in free agency, but given everything that's going on, I just don't see that happening. I'd rather go into next season knowing that we'd have Robinson at LT and Little at RT, rather than letting Robinson walk and hoping Little can replace him at LT and trying to add a better RT. If we tag Robinson, we can concentrate on filling OG and Center needs in the draft, while possibly adding an OT we like, without forcing the issue. Robinson hasn't been bad this year. In fact, when healthy, he's actually been one of the more consistent players. Taylor is the main problem. He's terrible and Little should've been our starting RT from the beginning.

Cam Robinson isn't worth what he's making now, so it would make absolutely no sense to tag him a 2nd year. Let him walk and let Walker Little take over. Spend top dollar to improve TE and WR in free agency.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 09:01 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

It's funny as time goes on we're starting to see how good this past draft may actually turn out to be. Tyson Campbell looks to be on his way to being a true #1 CB, Walker Little has the potential to be that guy at LT and Andre Cisco hasn't had enough play time but has had some spurts. And if Lawrence pans out that's a pretty good top end of the draft.

Edit: and ofcourse yet to see what ETN will bring.

Jawaan Taylor is still on his rookie deal. The next regime should probably figure out if he can play guard before just letting him walk. But they'd damn well better know he isn't the answer at RT.

(01-03-2022, 09:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: It's funny as time goes on we're starting to see how good this past draft may actually turn out to be. Tyson Campbell looks to be on his way to being a true #1 CB, Walker Little has the potential to be that guy at LT and Andre Cisco hasn't had enough play time but has had some spurts. And if Lawrence pans out that's a pretty good top end of the draft.

To be fair, the Cambell, Cisco, and Little were always looked at as really good prospects. The knock on them was that they were all coming off of injuries. They fell for that reason. They were very risky picks that just so happened to pan out so far.

(01-03-2022, 09:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jawaan Taylor is still on his rookie deal.  The next regime should probably figure out if he can play guard before just letting him walk.  But they'd damn well better know he isn't the answer at RT.

What Jawaan Taylor lacks in skill he makes up for in penalties. I think he draws a flag simply by walking on the field.

Yeah there remains a lot to be seen, but if you get a QB, LT, and CB1 out of a single draft, then it was amazing

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 01:09 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-03-2022, 08:42 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Cam Robinson isn't worth what he's making now, so it would make absolutely no sense to tag him a 2nd year.  Let him walk and let Walker Little take over.  Spend top dollar to improve TE and WR in free agency.

We don't know much about Walker Little. He's a complete unknown, because this lousy coaching staff refused to put him in. I'd like to know what we have before trusting him to protect Lawrence's blind side for an entire season. So what if Robinson is overpaid! It would only be for one year and it's not our money. He's only given up 1 sack this season in 856 snaps. I'd rather have him protecting Lawrence at LT and have Walker Little on the right side. As long as we get Jawaan Taylor out of there, we're automatically better. We should look for a Center in this draft. There are some pretty good ones that will be available. Linder will be on the final year of his deal and has only started a full season once in his career. It's time to look for his long term replacement.

(01-03-2022, 11:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 09:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jawaan Taylor is still on his rookie deal.  The next regime should probably figure out if he can play guard before just letting him walk.  But they'd damn well better know he isn't the answer at RT.

What Jawaan Taylor lacks in skill he makes up for in penalties. I think he draws a flag simply by walking on the field.

He's useless.

They should try taylor out at right guard. Could it work? Then put little at right tackle and keep cam at left tackle. Draft one or 2 o line and or pick one good one up in free agency. Maybe let cam go but then you have to make sure the left tackle position is solid. This entire offensive line needs to become the teams strength along with the wide receiver group. Time to reload at wr. Too many drops and not enough getting open

(01-03-2022, 08:42 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Cam Robinson isn't worth what he's making now, so it would make absolutely no sense to tag him a 2nd year.  Let him walk and let Walker Little take over.  Spend top dollar to improve TE and WR in free agency.

It’s not necessarily what he is worth. It’s what position is worth plus the availability of an upgrade. He’ll do for another year. Then kick him inside to guard. In fact, I think Taylor should be a guard.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 11:40 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2022, 11:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:

It’s not necessarily what he is worth. It’s what position is worth plus the availability of an upgrade. He’ll do for another year. Then kick him inside to guard. In fact, I think Taylor should be a guard.

I'd try to keep him, too.  Too often in the past, we have let players go without having any replacement.  That just makes the team worse.  

About kicking him and Taylor inside to guard, though- just because a player is a lousy tackle, that doesn't make them a good guard.

(01-03-2022, 09:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: It's funny as time goes on we're starting to see how good this past draft may actually turn out to be. Tyson Campbell looks to be on his way to being a true #1 CB, Walker Little has the potential to be that guy at LT and Andre Cisco hasn't had enough play time but has had some spurts. And if Lawrence pans out that's a pretty good top end of the draft.

If all that becomes true, then who gets credit?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

For me, ETN will have to be a top of the league running back to change my opinion that he was a lousy draft choice, when we had Robinson already and needed playmakers at other positions.

I'm enjoying Campbell and Little so far - hopeful for Cisco. Lawrence was a no-brainer so I don't give a lot of credit for that choice.

Overall I'm still not thrilled with that draft.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

The injuries to both Etienne and Robinson are very difficult to come back from. It’s a real tossup as to whether either will approach their former selves. We also don’t know what we had in Etienne even before he got hurt.

(01-05-2022, 08:38 AM)JagCard Wrote: The injuries to both Etienne and Robinson are very difficult to come back from.  It’s a real tossup as to whether either will approach their former selves. We also don’t know what we had in Etienne even before he got hurt.

@Shenault's replacement, since he was getting reps at WR?@

To me Little looks the part. I’ll have to see some more breakdown of his performance today, but he appears to me have what it takes it left tackle. Honestly, I feel better with him than Cam Robinson long-term

Every effort should be made to sign the guys leaving to appropriate contracts. Just don't overpay them. I'd definitely try to keep guys like Shatley around, though.