Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who are the core players to build around in 2022?

Honestly I can't name one. Even looking at the "better players" on the team.  It's insane with the amount of draft capital we have we have almost nothing to show for it 

Potential core guys but have question marks.

Lawrence: Great in post game interviews but questionable on the field. Jury is still out but causes for concern.

Josh Allen :  Good player but far from elite. It must be a month or so since he had a sack. Iffy 

Linder : He is older and misses too much time every year. 

Jack :  He was bad last year and Horrendous this year. Time to move on. 

To be honest the cupboard is starvation bare
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trevor Lawrence
Josh Allen

Starting a new thread to find a different way to bash Trevor? Interesting.

As for your question.

Trevor
Etienne
Little
Allen
Campbell
Cisco

And soon to be…. DJ Moore.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 08:15 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

God, just shut up about Lawrence already.

If you're too stupid to see he's a 'core player' you're a moron.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-03-2022, 08:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Starting a new thread to find a different way to bash Trevor? Interesting.

As for your question.

Trevor
Etienne
Little
Allen
Campbell
Cisco

Maybe add Hamilton to the list, but that's about it.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 09:02 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-03-2022, 08:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote: God, just shut up about Lawrence already.

Stop crying like a little girl.  I know you want him to be a core player so bad but that doesn't make it so. 

Jury is still out.

(01-03-2022, 08:29 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Starting a new thread to find a different way to bash Trevor? Interesting.

As for your question.

Trevor
Etienne
Little
Allen
Campbell
Cisco

Hilarious list

Campbell:  A very talented rookie.  Could be
ETN:  Has not taken a snap
Cisco:  1 1/2 games
Allen:  What has he done most of this year?
Little:  Could be need to see more
Trevor:  ?????

If i'm being 100% honest with you, right now my highest hopes are on Tyson Campbell as far as becoming a superstar. He's the only guy to me that's shown solid week to week progression this season.

(01-03-2022, 08:29 PM)navyjagfan Wrote:

As for your question.

Trevor
Etienne
Little
Allen
Campbell
Cisco

Robinson?  Laviska i would argue for i really like his effort and if he can get the drops under control if he wss schemed right i think he could be valuable.  Chark?  We really didnt get to see him this year and that was a shame.  I think he can still be a good player.  If we could sign him at a discount i would be for it.

If we build around TL he should be fine. Hard to be a good QB with the receivers he has to work with. Yeah hes got stuff to work on, but the biggest thing is to give him something to work with other than James Caldwell. Josh Allen and Hamilton are in the same boat.

(01-03-2022, 09:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote: God, just shut up about Lawrence already.

Stop crying like a little girl.  I know you want him to be a core player so bad but that doesn't make it so. 

Jury is still out.

(01-03-2022, 08:29 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Maybe add Hamilton to the list, but that's about it.

Hilarious list

Campbell:  A very talented rookie.  Could be
ETN:  Has not taken a snap
Cisco:  1 1/2 games
Allen:  What has he done most of this year?
Little:  Could be need to see more
Trevor:  ?????

I'm not crying.  Use your head dumb [BLEEP].  First round draft choice.  They're going to build aroumd him.  He's not going anywhere for at least for years.

Hence, core player. Idiot.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You build around Trevor and you find a counterpart to Josh Allen.

They are the most "core" players we have right now.

Unfortunately, we don't really have core players at several position groups you'd like to have a few in like:
LB
TE
S
WR
CB
OL
DT
RB

But we do have several players who may or may not return from injuries that turn out to be core players or vital pieces in their group. And then there are several young players with upside still yet to be seen.
Guys like Etienne, J Robinson, Little, Campbell, Cisco, Agnew, Arnold, Hamilton, Griffin etc

We have to cross our fingers and hope at least two or three of those guys either return to form or rise to the occasion with better coaching and talent around them.

Trevor Lawrence is the only one. Anyone else is replaceable. Obviously you'll keep the rookies like Little, Campbell, Cisco, Etienne and see how they develop next year. James Robinson hopefully comes back healthy. Josh Allen is still on his rookie deal so he'll be here. Next year is a contract year for him so interesting to see how he plays. But none of them are special. Lawrence is the only one you build around and with better coaching / development you hope he becomes the player we all (well most of us) want him to be.

There is talent on the team but it takes a coach that knows how to use it. The OL isn't great but ok enough to use with some upgrades it is ok/good. WRs drop the ball and don't get open but how many of the plays are actually designed to get quick WRs open? How many quick, pick play routes, routes over the middle, etc are they running? The play routes are terrible and it's been a long time since the Jags had play designed to get WRs open in space.

The roster needs to be upgraded badly but the coaches need upgrading more on the offensive side. You can't win with the coaching they have had unless you have all pros at every position.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Gotta build around Trevor. He has been terrible so far but also our #1 pick who is "supposed" to be a generational talent. Give him the support and see if it pans out. If not, back to the drawing board in a couple years. Get the best person on the board with our 1st rounder this year, then dump everything into building around Trevor. Good offenses make defenses better.
Here we go again

(01-03-2022, 10:32 PM)Preach Wrote: Gotta build around Trevor. He has been terrible so far but also our #1 pick who is "supposed" to be a generational talent. Give him the support and see if it pans out. If not, back to the drawing board in a couple years. Get the best person on the board with our 1st rounder this year, then dump everything into building around Trevor. Good offenses make defenses better.

I can get behind that. Knock out all the excuses and let's see if he can live up to his hype. Regardless he needs a serous Qb guru Becarse his accuracy has been really inconsistent the second half of the year.

Crust, Mantle, Core & Intercourse. I mean. Inner core.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Tlaw
Jrob

Maybe
Camble
Cisco
Little
dan Arnold

The question is which players rise when they get some more talent around them? Allen was great during his rookie season when he had quality players around him, and I think there are plenty of players who can play better if the glaring holes in the roster can be addressed.

The only thing I hope the players take from this season is a bit of experience as the Urban Meyer Experience was a total …!

The core players are Trevor Lawrence and Logan Cooke.

(01-04-2022, 12:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The core players are Trevor Lawrence and Logan Cooke.

It took way too long for someone to give Cooke the credit he deserves. With the amount of punting he's done this year, to put up the numbers he has, he's clearly one of the top punters in the league. Eventually field position will matter in Jags games...I hope.

Aside from TLaw and Cooke, hopefully JRob returns to form and then Cisco and Campbell too. I'm over every other non-rookie on the defense after none of them could be bothered to face the media after letting the Patriots high-powered offense hang 50 on them, instead leaving TLaw up there to eat all the heat. Showed some embarrassing mental weakness that I'm not sure I'm ready to reward with huge contracts (see: Myles Jack who's had several instances of mental weakness paired with several seasons of uselessness, most highlighted by being asked to assume any responsibility for anybody else on the defense.).

It's a dark time in Duval.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin