Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who are the core players to build around in 2022?

(01-05-2022, 10:35 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:34 AM)Upper Wrote: That is way too low of a bar for what core means to me. I think it pretty much means guys who you would be willing to franchise tag if they were a FA and you were struggling to come to terms on a contract. Even that can be too low of a bar though, since we tagged Cam and he certainly isn't truly that caliber. But it's the best I've got.

Then that's only Lawrence if he becomes the player we hope. Possibly Allen too.

This is precisely what a build looks like.

For a team that has won three games in two years, there's very little that you are going to have cemented in as future of the franchise or pieces around which you continue building.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 11:18 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-05-2022, 10:34 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:25 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I see your points but IMO "core" means those players that definitely will be around next season. fA and draft should be used to build around it.

That is way too low of a bar for what core means to me. I think it pretty much means guys who you would be willing to franchise tag if they were a FA and you were struggling to come to terms on a contract. Even that can be too low of a bar though, since we tagged Cam and he certainly isn't truly that caliber. But it's the best I've got.

Bar should be anyone that would be valuable (on offense or defense) to other playoff type teams.  A perfect example is Smoot.   He's definitely a keeper but in no way would command a franchise tag.

(01-07-2022, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...77670?s=21

[Image: yesssss.gif]

(01-07-2022, 12:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...77670?s=21

[Image: yesssss.gif]
Best news all year so far. I think they should try and retain Chark. I really do. Get another receiver to compliment him that's a notch better via draft of free agency. I think he can be a steady player next season in the right system.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 07:29 AM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

There are not many pieces but I would say

Cisco, Campbell on defense.

Shaq will be serviceable and should allow you to field a solid set of DBs for a few more years. Lets hope we draft the right DE 1st overall and get better at ILB. Assuming we stick with a 3-4, I'd cut Jack and draft someone day 3 or sign a FA for less $ who will give you similar production. Jack is more suited for a 4-3. If the new 1st overall DE is as advertised, Allen will play better and our run defense will sure up with better interior play. We don't have a bad defense tbh, but it can be better.

Lawrence, Arnold and Little on offense.

Need a RT and new interior linemen in a bad way, we don't have a dominant OG/C and one would certainly help us in the run game. WR is desperate for talent/speed and RB is now a massive question mark going into 2022. Idk what this team is gonna do at WR, looks like no healthy, top tier WRs is making it to FA and drafting a WR usually takes some development time... Sorry Trevor.

This team is bad, but it's fixable even in short time, if we hit in the draft. We could ride the defense and hope Trevor gets enough help this offseason to improve his play a bit.

I agree. This team needs to add another 2 good cbs Need depth there to go along with the only 2 that are any good. Campbell and shaq. Then bring back chark jr. He is legit and you dont want him to be another one that got away and watch him doing great things somewhere else. Figure out the offense line. Draft a top wr. Get a huge free agent or 3. Scared money dont make money. Go all in