Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If I could have my way in the offseason.. this would be the offense

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 09:16 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm aware that this is extremely unrealistic. This is just what I would do with the available players if we could get whomever we wanted. My question is if this was our offense next year, how would you feel?

QB. Trevor Lawrence
RB. ETN - Robinson - Leonard Fournette (I know, probably wont happen but i'd rather bring him back than the older options or wasting draft capital. And with JR and ETN being question marks we may need somebody)
WR1. Davante Adams
WR2. DJ Chark
WR3. MJJ
WR4. Chris Godwin (Again, I'm aware of his injury but he's only 25 years old and the injury may allow us to steal him for a low price)
WR5. Draft Pick
TE1. Dan Arnold
TE2. Dalton Shultz
LT. Walker Little
LG. Norwell / Draft pick
C. Linder / Draft pick
RG. Brandon Scherf
RT. Terron Armstead / Draft pick.

The reason I didn't do a full lineup including defense is because in this assumption, most of our cap space would be depleted soley on offense.. which would leave the majority of defensive issues up to the draft and I don't like making mocks/predicting picks on players I know nothing about. So all I could tell you at this point is replacing Chaisson with Thib.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 10:08 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Fournette?  LOL

There is no chance in hell we'd sign that many high-priced free agents.  Zero.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I think one quality OL signing and one quality WR signing is probably as much as I'd hope for.

Then a mid-tier TE and RB maybe. Who knows? Don't even know who will be shopping for these guys yet.

(01-03-2022, 09:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm aware that this is extremely unrealistic. This is just what I would do with the available players if we could get whomever we wanted. My question is if this was our offense next year, how would you feel?

QB. Trevor Lawrence
RB. ETN - Robinson - Leonard Fournette (I know, probably wont happen but i'd rather bring him back than the older options or wasting draft capital. And with JR and ETN being question marks we may need somebody)
WR1. Davante Adams
WR2. DJ Chark
WR3. MJJ
WR4. Chris Godwin (Again, I'm aware of his injury but he's only 25 years old and the injury may allow us to steal him for a low price)
WR5. Draft Pick
TE1. Dan Arnold
TE2. Dalton Shultz
LT. Walker Little
LG. Norwell / Draft pick
C. Linder / Draft pick
RG. Brandon Scherf

The reason I didn't do a full lineup including defense is because in this assumption, most of our cap space would be depleted soley on offense.. which would leave the majority of defensive issues up to the draft and I don't like making mocks/predicting picks on players I know nothing about. So all I could tell you at this point is replacing Chaisson with Thib.

The RB room is two guys uncertain to return to form from injury and another guy we ran out of town. The WR room includes a franchised (likely to be) player and two other guys coming off injury that are still going to command a high dollar with question marks as to their return. You say that the defensive roster will be determined by darft picks, but list 4 picks on the offensive side. I can't rely on Linder to anchor the line. I really think we are going to need to readdress the Center position.

I can't see how we can gauge feelings about a roster that, as you put, is unrealistic.

I'm fine with us throwing money out there to try to fix the offense. We might land one or two of the FA you have listed, we saw last year that just because you have cap room, players may still opt to sign elsewhere if the prospect of winning or team environment is more attractive. So maybe we look at your list, and say which move or two is the one that we have to nail to have optimism next year?

I'd vote on finding an RT, especially if Little is allocated to the LT position. RG is ok with Bartch and/or Taylor filling in, with my preference to Bartch. I'd like to see us find a WR that is going to grow with TLaw, and become his go-to option, whether that is Godwin, Gallup, or some guy in the darft. We've seen how valuable Chase is to Burrow, Adams to Rodgers, Hill to Mahomes, and I want that as our long-term prognosis. Doesn't have to be a Calvin Johnson clone, but that mentality of "we need 7 yards, I'll get you 10, I don't care who's covering" has been lacking for way too long.

On the D side, we desperately need ILB help. Either FA or darft has to target some help there.

Fournette?  Laughing
Armstead at RT and Little at LT? hahahahaha

I am not surprised seeing who made this Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 03:28 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-04-2022, 10:08 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Fournette?  LOL

This would be the reason for the imbolded text to start the thread. We're approaching offseason dark mode for the jaguars, i'm looking for interesting conversation tbh.

(01-04-2022, 09:20 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Fournette?  Laughing

You have a strange hate boner for me. It's okay tho, you go take a look at the free agent backs and tell me who you fancy. As far as Armsteads concerned I feel that's the new head coaches call. Do you see Walker Little as the future at LT? If you do, would you put him at RT for an recently injured 30 year old? Who would you trust more to be able to switch sides a seasoned vet or a guy going into year 2 who has played one year of football in the last 3?

I'd ask what you would do, but i'm sure you couldn't come up with anything intelligent.

(01-04-2022, 11:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 09:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm aware that this is extremely unrealistic. This is just what I would do with the available players if we could get whomever we wanted. My question is if this was our offense next year, how would you feel?

QB. Trevor Lawrence
WR1. Davante Adams
WR2. DJ Chark
WR3. MJJ
WR5. Draft Pick
TE1. Dan Arnold
TE2. Dalton Shultz
LT. Walker Little
LG. Norwell / Draft pick
C. Linder / Draft pick
RG. Brandon Scherf

The RB room is two guys uncertain to return to form from injury and another guy we ran out of town. The WR room includes a franchised (likely to be) player and two other guys coming off injury that are still going to command a high dollar with question marks as to their return. You say that the defensive roster will be determined by darft picks, but list 4 picks on the offensive side. I can't rely on Linder to anchor the line. I really think we are going to need to readdress the Center position.

I can't see how we can gauge feelings about a roster that, as you put, is unrealistic.

I'm fine with us throwing money out there to try to fix the offense. We might land one or two of the FA you have listed, we saw last year that just because you have cap room, players may still opt to sign elsewhere if the prospect of winning or team environment is more attractive. So maybe we look at your list, and say which move or two is the one that we have to nail to have optimism next year?

I'd vote on finding an RT, especially if Little is allocated to the LT position. RG is ok with Bartch and/or Taylor filling in, with my preference to Bartch. I'd like to see us find a WR that is going to grow with TLaw, and become his go-to option, whether that is Godwin, Gallup, or some guy in the darft. We've seen how valuable Chase is to Burrow, Adams to Rodgers, Hill to Mahomes, and I want that as our long-term prognosis. Doesn't have to be a Calvin Johnson clone, but that mentality of "we need 7 yards, I'll get you 10, I don't care who's covering" has been lacking for way too long.

On the D side, we desperately need ILB help. Either FA or darft has to target some help there.

The idea behind this scenario is essentially go big on offense, and maybe get lucky with Godwin/Armstead since both are injured. Fournette imo wouldn't be my top priority but looking at the available backs in free agency it's hard to deny that he isn't only the best of the bunch but also the youngest. Now maybe if the coaching staff feels one of ETN or Robinson will be full go come september, you could maybe grab a Melvin Gordon type instead just to get you by until both of our guys are healthy enough. 

This is unrealistic I know that more than likely Godwin and Armstead will be overpaid regardless of their injuries but it would be a crazy scenario if something like this happened. Also the linemen/WR where I put /draft pick I meant one or the other, not both. 

In a real world, I'd love for us to grab Adams - Godwin - Scherf. To me this trio would be the best outcome. Adding Adams and Godwin with a returning Chark and MJJ would give us a lethal combination of wideouts and Scherf would be a good start to building a professional line. I think it's a foregone conclussion our 1st overall pick will be Hutch or Thibb so I'm hoping they go all out on offense rather than sign a crap ton of below average guys like this past offseason. Maybe we can snag another Guard/Tackle at the top of the 2nd to solidfy things. 

I know i'm hoping for big things that are unlikely but we'll see.

(01-05-2022, 03:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

This would be the reason for the imbolded text to start the thread. We're approaching offseason dark mode for the jaguars, i'm looking for interesting conversation tbh.

So if we're being completely unrealistic, why stop with those free agents?  Hell, we could build a while new team.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I would love that but yeah. Shoot for the stars this offseason.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 10:32 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-05-2022, 03:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

(01-04-2022, 09:20 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Fournette?  Laughing

You have a strange hate boner for me. It's okay tho, you go take a look at the free agent backs and tell me who you fancy. As far as Armsteads concerned I feel that's the new head coaches call. Do you see Walker Little as the future at LT? If you do, would you put him at RT for an recently injured 30 year old? Who would you trust more to be able to switch sides a seasoned vet or a guy going into year 2 who has played one year of football in the last 3?

I'd ask what you would do, but i'm sure you couldn't come up with anything intelligent.

Like you?

What kind of idiot expects Armstead to sign for RT money and play RT. Or sign him for LT money to play him at RT while putting a guy who has proven nothing at LT.  Laughing And yeah, let's give Armstead $18+ million per year when the guy has never played a full season in 9 years.

I don't hate you, why would I? you make me laugh with all the dumb stuff you post.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23