Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A 'clown' party at the game Sunday?

(01-05-2022, 07:26 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah.  It's dumb.  And disrespectful.  There's no point to getting personally impolite with Khan.  Bash his decisions, not him personally.

^this.  Granted, he has made a number of bad leadership decisions for this team.  But, his love and commitment for this community and the team are also evident.  I think the clown stuff will be viewed, and largely interpreted, as a personal attack against Khan (not just the decision or decisions).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2022, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's not a good idea. If they can convey the message that the Jaguars are a clown show without singling out Khan, then okay. If people feel they must absolutely do this, skip the Khan mustache.
How does that happen?  Khan is the man overseeing everything.  Shad oversees everything Jaguars.  It’s hard to separate one from another. The HC has been fired.  The GM is still on trial.   I agree it’s in bad taste to single out Khan, Bit at the same time it’s his decision to make things better.  Not to single you out or anything, but do we really believe TRent Baalke is our GM of the future?  Overwhelmingly, we agree his butt needs to be gone. Khan is the man that can make that happen but 2 weeks back said he’s getting retain.  So there is a fine line here. I don’t agree with mocking SK’s character or person. But his decisions are suspect.

You've pretty much repeated what I said. Let Khan know of our unhappiness with how the organization is run without mocking him.

(01-05-2022, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote: How does that happen?  Khan is the man overseeing everything.  Shad oversees everything Jaguars.  It’s hard to separate one from another. The HC has been fired.  The GM is still on trial.   I agree it’s in bad taste to single out Khan, Bit at the same time it’s his decision to make things better.  Not to single you out or anything, but do we really believe TRent Baalke is our GM of the future?  Overwhelmingly, we agree his butt needs to be gone. Khan is the man that can make that happen but 2 weeks back said he’s getting retain.  So there is a fine line here. I don’t agree with mocking SK’s character or person. But his decisions are suspect.

You've pretty much repeated what I said. Let Khan know of our unhappiness with how the organization is run without mocking him.

People talk about the team being a laughingstock, and they think this is a good thing to do.

Whatever, to each their own.  Seems pretty adolescent to me.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-05-2022, 08:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 07:26 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah. It's dumb. And disrespectful. There's no point to getting personally impolite with Khan. Bash his decisions, not him personally.

People have been voicing their displeasure with the franchise forever, and nothing has mattered. It took going perhaps a step too far, very mildly at that, to get the attention it got. If they did less it would have been swept under the rug as usual.

This is correct. For whatever reason Khan will not listen to the people providing him input from the business side of the team. I don't know who he is listening to on the football side but it obviously hasn't worked.

The #2 in the org knew there were problems 2 years ago. As far as I know, they were reporting issues from fans regularly. Khan got the fans feedback but then chose to do nothing and waste a year.

Then he falls in love with Meyer and I don't think he vetted it with really any NFL guys. Not sure how Baalke happened as he definitely didn't vet that with anyone as he has way too much baggage to be hired.

I think Khan is a person that makes his mind up and then will not waiver from that viewpoint. At some point well after everyone sees it was wrong, he will finally admit it and move on.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(01-05-2022, 08:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 05:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Love it. Throw throw the crap back in Khans face. Don't buy tickets for this trash product.

Which do you want?

You want them to show up to the game in clown attire?
Or you don't want them to go to the game? 

You can't have both.

I know you've been trying desperately to have it both ways by bashing the hell out of Lawrence and then backpedaling in case you're horribly wrong, but it isn't gonna work there, and it isn't gonna work here.

More specifics, I am talking next year.  Most tickets have been bought already.  If Khan stays on this same titanic course then stop supporting it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

It sounds like a few on the team feel like it's being directed at them too which is unfortunate. They seem to be taking it in stride though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-05-2022, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote: How does that happen?  Khan is the man overseeing everything.  Shad oversees everything Jaguars.  It’s hard to separate one from another. The HC has been fired.  The GM is still on trial.   I agree it’s in bad taste to single out Khan, Bit at the same time it’s his decision to make things better.  Not to single you out or anything, but do we really believe TRent Baalke is our GM of the future?  Overwhelmingly, we agree his butt needs to be gone. Khan is the man that can make that happen but 2 weeks back said he’s getting retain.  So there is a fine line here. I don’t agree with mocking SK’s character or person. But his decisions are suspect.

I guess what I’m saying is this:  SK took responsibility and fired UM.  Great! But comes out a week or so later saying TB is safe.  We all, for the most part, are/were in awe with that decision.  We’ve been a clown show for some time. We all mostly agree TB needs to be next.  Truth be told, I fully expect him to be gone Monday following the game.  But since it is SK’s decision, how do they (the fans) convey their displeasure without it also going against Khan?  For starters, taking the mustache off the clown. I get that. But at the end of the day, it’s still all Khan and his decision making.  It’s not like we have Tom Coughlin running the show and we have multiple people to pin the tail on.

I want to see Jaxson wearing clown attire. That will make my day.

(01-05-2022, 08:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You've pretty much repeated what I said. Let Khan know of our unhappiness with how the organization is run without mocking him.

People talk about the team being a laughingstock, and they think this is a good thing to do.

Whatever, to each their own.  Seems pretty adolescent to me.

Better to be loud and outspoken then just wallowing in the corner silent.

Khan has a history of keeping the stank from one rebuild to the next.  The fanbase is frustrated and have every right to show their displeasure.  I no longer live n Florida but if I were a season ticket holder I would be outraged. Paying to see a game and the Jaguars are out of most by middle of the second quarter is just ridiculous.  Fans have much more access with internet leaks and understand a full rebuild is needed here.  Keeping Baalke is a massive mistake and most people know it.   Khan has been selling a crap product for 90% of his tenure here.  Fans should feel ripped off by paying for this junk.  I would easily trade in the swimming pools and Large screens for a competitive team.  The Jags have been a complete circus so I find it fitting.

As I said, to each their own.

(01-05-2022, 10:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: As I said, to each their own.
To each their own?!

NOPE! NOT UP IN HERE!

(01-05-2022, 10:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: As I said, to each their own.
To each their own?!

NOPE! NOT UP IN HERE!

I'm just trying to figure out how 'loud and outspoken' equates to wearing a clown suit.  Maybe it's too sophisticated for me.

(01-05-2022, 09:46 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I want to see Jaxson wearing clown attire. That will make my day.
That would be great but no way it happens unless a fan does it

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I’m glad the clowns within our fan base will be identifying themselves this weekend.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 01:37 AM by Jag88.)

I will say it again. Grow up. Dont be dumb. Be a good example to the kids.

(01-06-2022, 01:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I will say it again. Grow up. Dont be dumb.  Be a good example to the kids.

To me it shows how to peacefully protest and to stand up for what you believe in.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-05-2022, 10:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: To each their own?!

NOPE! NOT UP IN HERE!

I'm just trying to figure out how 'loud and outspoken' equates to wearing a clown suit.  Maybe it's too sophisticated for me.

You are right it is

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 03:44 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-06-2022, 02:14 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 01:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I will say it again. Grow up. Dont be dumb.  Be a good example to the kids.

To me it shows how to peacefully protest and to stand up for what you believe in.

A childish insult to the owner. Here is the guy who made sure the jags didn't move out of town and has invested unbelievable amounts of money to the city and the team. I understand the frustration with the losing record, but this isn't the way to "peacefully" protest. This is just dumb and childish. The guy is a nice guy from all accounts. He doesnt deserve this disrespect.

(01-06-2022, 03:43 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 02:14 AM)Dimson Wrote: To me it shows how to peacefully protest and to stand up for what you believe in.

A childish insult to the owner. Here is the guy who made sure the jags didn't move out of town and has invested unbelievable amounts of money to the city and the team. I understand the frustration with the losing record, but this isn't the way to "peacefully" protest. This is just dumb and childish. The guy is a nice guy from all accounts. He doesnt deserve this disrespect.

I generally agree. I think he's made bad moves from a football standpoint, but he has also been genuinely helpful in his efforts to make Jax a better place and a legit NFL city.

The problem with the clown thing is that it appears directed at Shad, himself, when he's been anything but a clown for Jax. The guy legitimately wants to win, just like the fans. I wish he hadn't signed on Urban, but at least he's moving on quickly.