Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A 'clown' party at the game Sunday?

Buying tickets and lining his pockets to "insult him" probably wont make a difference. Now if no one showed up to watch the game but a crowd stood outside the stadium with clown masks.. maybe

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A coworker says the clown show stunt could be the beginning of the end for Shad. I don’t know if I would go that far, but it certainly won’t help our cause if Khan ever sees an opportunity to move the team or sell it.

But every coin has two sides. Surely he can see how fielding a perennially competitive team would not only make him more money as an owner but also grease the skids for his development plans.

From a fan’s perspective I’m glad the base is becoming demonstrative enough to get his attention. However, the method is all wrong and conveys contempt rather than supportive criticism.

Didn't Khan at one point sell mock up's of his stache at the stadium for fans to wear?

I get the frustrations. The media has already taken this idea and ran with it. I think it's too late now. The opportunity to stop it is already gone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-06-2022, 07:17 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 03:43 AM)Jag88 Wrote: A childish insult to the owner. Here is the guy who made sure the jags didn't move out of town and has invested unbelievable amounts of money to the city and the team. I understand the frustration with the losing record, but this isn't the way to "peacefully" protest. This is just dumb and childish. The guy is a nice guy from all accounts. He doesnt deserve this disrespect.

I generally agree. I think he's made bad moves from a football standpoint, but he has also been genuinely helpful in his efforts to make Jax a better place and a legit NFL city.

The problem with the clown thing is that it appears directed at Shad, himself, when he's been anything but a clown for Jax. The guy legitimately wants to win, just like the fans. I wish he hadn't signed on Urban, but at least he's moving on quickly.

I don't think the intent is to mock him personally, but rather to illustrate what a joke the organization appears to be (from the perspective of numerous fans).  What better way would you suggest to peacefully protest, other than not going to the game at all?

I've seen no evidence that he "legitimately wants to win" more so, or even as much as any other owner.  He made it clear in the beginning that the purchase was a business venture.  The "unbelievable amounts of money" he's invested are not that significant for a multi billionaire and a business of the magnitude of an NFL franchise.  Don't confuse business investments with philanthropy.

I've never met the man and have no idea if he is a "nice guy", though he does appear to be somewhat arrogant.  As owner, it's his right to run the team any way he chooses.  His general lack of football knowledge (I believe) is hindering his ability to make good GM/HC decisions.  Finding the right personnel will be a matter of luck until and unless he finds the humility to recognize this fact and turn the process over to someone more qualified.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 08:37 AM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

when it comes to those saying this is somewhat disrespectful and not a good luck, I agree too guys

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 08:48 AM by nejagsfan.)

(01-05-2022, 07:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 07:26 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah.  It's dumb.  And disrespectful.  There's no point to getting personally impolite with Khan.  Bash his decisions, not him personally.

I keep hearing Lageman saying the same but how do you just bash his decisions and get heard?

there's ways to do it and be adults about it....

(01-05-2022, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 08:33 PM)Jags Wrote: How does that happen?  Khan is the man overseeing everything.  Shad oversees everything Jaguars.  It’s hard to separate one from another. The HC has been fired.  The GM is still on trial.   I agree it’s in bad taste to single out Khan, Bit at the same time it’s his decision to make things better.  Not to single you out or anything, but do we really believe TRent Baalke is our GM of the future?  Overwhelmingly, we agree his butt needs to be gone. Khan is the man that can make that happen but 2 weeks back said he’s getting retain.  So there is a fine line here. I don’t agree with mocking SK’s character or person. But his decisions are suspect.

You've pretty much repeated what I said. Let Khan know of our unhappiness with how the organization is run without mocking him.

I totally agree this is how I feel also

(01-06-2022, 03:11 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 10:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm just trying to figure out how 'loud and outspoken' equates to wearing a clown suit.  Maybe it's too sophisticated for me.

You are right it is

Get the [BLEEP] outta here, you knew what sophisticated meant?

Oh wait, I'm forgetting about Google, my bad.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-06-2022, 08:29 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 07:17 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I generally agree. I think he's made bad moves from a football standpoint, but he has also been genuinely helpful in his efforts to make Jax a better place and a legit NFL city.

The problem with the clown thing is that it appears directed at Shad, himself, when he's been anything but a clown for Jax. The guy legitimately wants to win, just like the fans. I wish he hadn't signed on Urban, but at least he's moving on quickly.

I don't think the intent is to mock him personally, but rather to illustrate what a joke the organization appears to be (from the perspective of numerous fans).  What better way would you suggest to peacefully protest, other than not going to the game at all?

I've seen no evidence that he "legitimately wants to win" more so, or even as much as any other owner.  He made it clear in the beginning that the purchase was a business venture.  The "unbelievable amounts of money" he's invested are not that significant for a multi billionaire and a business of the magnitude of an NFL franchise.  Don't confuse business investments with philanthropy.

I've never met the man and have no idea if he is a "nice guy", though he does appear to be somewhat arrogant.  As owner, it's his right to run the team any way he chooses.  His general lack of football knowledge (I believe) is hindering his ability to make good GM/HC decisions.  Finding the right personnel will be a matter of luck until and unless he finds the humility to recognize this fact and turn the process over to someone more qualified.

If the intent weren't to mock Shad personally then I don't see the reason to have the mustache on the clown, just having a clown on its own would be fine.

I don't know Shad personally, either, but arrogance isn't word I'd use for how he seems.

He's probably mature enough to not let such a childish movement wound him, but it's an unnecessary affront to him personally.

(01-06-2022, 07:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A coworker says the clown show stunt could be the beginning of the end for Shad. I don’t know if I would go that far, but it certainly won’t help our cause if Khan ever sees an opportunity to move the team or sell it.

But every coin has two sides. Surely he can see how fielding a perennially competitive team would not only make him more money as an owner but also grease the skids for his development plans.

From a fan’s perspective I’m glad the base is becoming demonstrative enough to get his attention. However, the method is all wrong and conveys contempt rather than supportive criticism.

Out of the 10,000 people at the game Sunday, I wouldn't expect more than 50 people (if that) wearing clown regalia.  And if that causes him to relocate the team, then he was going to relocate the team anyway.  The bigger message will be the large swaths of empty seats.  Whatever the clowns will be trying to express, all those empty seats will express a lot more forcefully and effectively.

(01-06-2022, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 07:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A coworker says the clown show stunt could be the beginning of the end for Shad. I don’t know if I would go that far, but it certainly won’t help our cause if Khan ever sees an opportunity to move the team or sell it.

Out of the 10,000 people at the game Sunday, I wouldn't expect more than 50 people (if that) wearing clown regalia.  And if that causes him to relocate the team, then he was going to relocate the team anyway.  The bigger message will be the large swaths of empty seats.  Whatever the clowns will be trying to express, all those empty seats will express a lot more forcefully and effectively.
Wooo boy. I think you're underestimating that number by quite a bit.

Also, is this really any different than when fans used to put brown bags on their heads?

Like Rico said earlier, to each their own but let's not act like this is some new phenomenon.

(01-06-2022, 08:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Didn't Khan at one point sell mock up's of his stache at the stadium for fans to wear?

I get the frustrations. The media has already taken this idea and ran with it. I think it's too late now. The opportunity to stop it is already gone.

The mustache wasn't an insult lol...  the opportunity to stop it is not gone it's called just don't do it anymore... our society today has any attention span of a small goat... if the fans stopped doing it it would go away fairly quickly...

(01-06-2022, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Out of the 10,000 people at the game Sunday, I wouldn't expect more than 50 people (if that) wearing clown regalia.  And if that causes him to relocate the team, then he was going to relocate the team anyway.  The bigger message will be the large swaths of empty seats.  Whatever the clowns will be trying to express, all those empty seats will express a lot more forcefully and effectively.

Also, is this really any different than when fans used to put brown bags on their heads?

Like Rico said earlier, to each their own but let's not act like this is some new phenomenon.
okay 100 people

(01-06-2022, 09:29 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 08:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Didn't Khan at one point sell mock up's of his stache at the stadium for fans to wear?

The mustache wasn't an insult lol...  the opportunity to stop it is not gone it's called just don't do it anymore... our society today has any attention span of a small goat... if the fans stopped doing it it would go away fairly quickly...
I am on the fence. Completely indifferent to all of this. The fans showing up in Clown garb potentially are there to make a statement.

Fans keep this team relevant. During a decade of football where ownership and Co. have done everything they could to make this team feel even more less relevant in a small market to begin with.

On the other side of the fence. How soft and bruised is Khan's ego? Surely an immigrant from Pakistan that lived out the American Dream has had to endure far, far much worse during his rise to success.

So, again. I am indifferent. You can throw caution to the wind at this point. As the majority of those fans have been pissing their money away for a piss poor product.

At least they are showing up on Sunday. Something this team has failed to do at home in general for years now...

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-06-2022, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Out of the 10,000 people at the game Sunday, I wouldn't expect more than 50 people (if that) wearing clown regalia.  And if that causes him to relocate the team, then he was going to relocate the team anyway.  The bigger message will be the large swaths of empty seats.  Whatever the clowns will be trying to express, all those empty seats will express a lot more forcefully and effectively.

I'll be there so I'll try to do some sort of educated guesstimate, but I don't expect that many people to do it, because it takes effort, and most people don't have clown stuff laying around that they can put on.  Brown bags are easy; everyone has a brown bag somewhere in their kitchen.  But a clown suit or a clown nose?  Not many people have those.

(01-06-2022, 09:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wooo boy. I think you're underestimating that number by quite a bit.

I'll be there so I'll try to do some sort of educated guesstimate, but I don't expect that many people to do it, because it takes effort, and most people don't have clown stuff laying around that they can put on.  Brown bags are easy; everyone has a brown bag somewhere in their kitchen.  But a clown suit or a clown nose?  Not many people have those.

Apparently Dilla on Twitter has many tweets talking about giving out clown noses to people. Sounds like a lot of people bought stuff on Amazon.

I would rather see see the Baguars make a return. Insulting the owner personally who wants to keep the team in Jax and probably wants to win (just hasn't figured out how) is counterproductive. But it's a free country, so knock yourselves out.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 10:32 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dont care. Why go to the game anyway? how many of you keep going back to the same restaurant with lousy food hoping that it might get better someday, but is only good one out of every 10 times? Definition of insanity. Just dont go till it does.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 10:48 AM by Mikey.)

(01-05-2022, 07:26 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Yeah.  It's dumb.  And disrespectful.  There's no point to getting personally impolite with Khan.  Bash his decisions, not him personally.

every participant in the stadium will have paid him a good amount of cash to sit there and look a fool.

I don't see it as any different than the baguars movement in the past, he's making money, if the fan wants to expend the effort to doll themselves up, it affects him just as much as if they booed everytime they cut to him on the jumbotron.

(01-05-2022, 07:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

I keep hearing Lageman saying the same but how do you just bash his decisions and get heard?

don't renew your seats.
don't buy merch.
don't park in his lots.
make sure that the sales team is well aware why you are doing the above.

you could go further and bring politics in it if you are local to the area, but getting to this level of butting heads with a billionaire may lose your franchise to another town

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 10:58 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-06-2022, 10:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Dont care.  Why go to the game anyway?  how many of you keep going back to the same restaurant with lousy food hoping that it might get better someday, but is only good one out of every 10 times?  Definition of insanity. Just dont go till it does.

It's essentially reached that point. There's already articles about it here locally. A lot of season ticket holders are refusing to renew. That's why I don't understand why people are overly concerned about pissing in the owner's cornflakes at this point as he's already proven that he's complacent with piss poor products. 

You either, produce a winning product and fans pay out to see it. Or, you keep producing piss poor products and fans refuse to pay out for it. It's coming to a head. Maybe this is what Khan needed all along to justify moving the team. A bruised ego after a fractured fan base told him about his [BLEEP] publicly. 

Now he'll play hard ball when he wants more assistance from the city to help foot the bills for further developments around his products. Again, I don't think the NFL will ever have a home team in London. I don't see it working out logistically. That was before COVID even became apart of the already difficult equation. I honestly don't see this ever going away at this point as well. 

So, we'll see. The only good thing is that Jacksonville continues to grow steadily and St. John's County is clearly growing so there's going to be more potential fans at some point. Especially if the Gators continue to suck [BLEEP] as well as the Seminoles. Khan has a chance to flip the college town lable on it's head soon if he just gets the right [BLEEP] people in place to make Lawrence into a modern day Blonde Bomber for the next decade+.

(01-06-2022, 01:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I will say it again. Grow up. Dont be dumb.  Be a good example to the kids.

/chugs 7 beers before entering the stadium
//at least I didn't wear mah rainbow wig, right kiddo?
///pukes on escalator to the upper decks
////woooo rooom for more!

immaturity has many forms