Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A 'clown' party at the game Sunday?

Khan can always move the team if he chooses. But if continues running it with the same ineptness then it’s only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome there. If he can’t succeed here, he can’t succeed anywhere.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 11:11 AM by Mikey.)

(01-06-2022, 02:14 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 01:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I will say it again. Grow up. Dont be dumb.  Be a good example to the kids.

To me it shows how to peacefully protest and to stand up for what you believe in.

Most peaceful protesters don't resort to immature name-calling when they don't get what they want, though.

(01-06-2022, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 07:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A coworker says the clown show stunt could be the beginning of the end for Shad. I don’t know if I would go that far, but it certainly won’t help our cause if Khan ever sees an opportunity to move the team or sell it.

But every coin has two sides. Surely he can see how fielding a perennially competitive team would not only make him more money as an owner but also grease the skids for his development plans.

From a fan’s perspective I’m glad the base is becoming demonstrative enough to get his attention. However, the method is all wrong and conveys contempt rather than supportive criticism.

Out of the 10,000 people at the game Sunday, I wouldn't expect more than 50 people (if that) wearing clown regalia.  And if that causes him to relocate the team, then he was going to relocate the team anyway.  The bigger message will be the large swaths of empty seats.  Whatever the clowns will be trying to express, all those empty seats will express a lot more forcefully and effectively.

I'll take the over on your estimate of costumery.

(I'm gonna consider any rainbow wig or facepaint as "regalia". A lot of people like to be part of the herd.)

(01-06-2022, 10:09 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I would rather see see the Baguars make a return. Insulting the owner personally who wants to keep the team in Jax and probably wants to win (just hasn't figured out how) is counterproductive. But it's a free country, so knock yourselves out.

...can I interest you in a bag done up to look like a clown?

@best of both worlds!@

(01-06-2022, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Khan can always move the team if he chooses. But if continues running it with the same ineptness then it’s only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome there. If he can’t succeed here, he can’t succeed anywhere.

Exactly. You can take the trash out of the trash bin but you can't change the fact that you're still a trash bin. You can put your trash bin on wheels and wheel it around wherever you want. But, that funk is still going to stay with you no matter what until you figure out a way to stop placing trash in it. 

Also, what city is going to welcome this trash with open arms? Good luck selling it to another location. Do they want to retread in St. Louis again? Do you really want to fly this trash across the pond and rehome it in London? And deal with the logistics of that? Good luck with that and good riddance!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-06-2022, 11:12 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 10:09 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I would rather see see the Baguars make a return. Insulting the owner personally who wants to keep the team in Jax and probably wants to win (just hasn't figured out how) is counterproductive. But it's a free country, so knock yourselves out.

...can I interest you in a bag done up to look like a clown?

@best of both worlds!@

Yeah but you better grab the copyright on that before the team does and starts selling 'em at the games!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-06-2022, 10:45 AM)Mikey Wrote: don't renew your seats.
don't buy merch.
don't park in his lots.
make sure that the sales team is well aware why you are doing the above.

you could go further and bring politics in it if you are local to the area, but getting to this level of butting heads with a billionaire may lose your franchise to another town

People have done all of that, and more, and it's meant nothing to Shad or anyone else in the front office. For years and years now I've seen people tweet their email responses about not renewing season tickets. I've seen them tweet about making phone calls saying the same. I've seen countless tweets voicing their displeasure. Nothing changed, as the other thread suggested it's the worst it's ever been for almost all of us.

It took putting maybe one toe over the line to get their attention. This is the absolute most benign movement I've ever seen. If a billionaire can't take that then he is indeed a very, very small man.

(01-06-2022, 12:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
don't buy merch.
don't park in his lots.

you could go further and bring politics in it if you are local to the area, but getting to this level of butting heads with a billionaire may lose your franchise to another town

People have done all of that, and more, and it's meant nothing to Shad or anyone else in the front office. For years and years now I've seen people tweet their email responses about not renewing season tickets. I've seen them tweet about making phone calls saying the same. I've seen countless tweets voicing their displeasure. Nothing changed, as the other thread suggested it's the worst it's ever been for almost all of us.

It took putting maybe one toe over the line to get their attention. This is the absolute most benign movement I've ever seen. If a billionaire can't take that then he is indeed a very, very small man.

You have to keep in mind, if people do this, it will be a very small number.  I guarantee you that stadium will not be filled with people in clown suits.  So, it's incredibly unlikely that this so-called "movement" will make Shad Khan want to leave Jacksonville.

At this point I could care less if Khan sells the team. I rather have an owner who wants and tries to win instead of keep repeating the same loser mistakes.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-06-2022, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: You have to keep in mind, if people do this, it will be a very small number.  I guarantee you that stadium will not be filled with people in clown suits.  So, it's incredibly unlikely that this so-called "movement" will make Shad Khan want to leave Jacksonville.

Hmm, so is the line that people are claiming we're stepping over the in stadium displays?

The online movement and spamming of every official account post is in the lines? Cause the online movement is both not a small number and has absolutely gotten the attention of everyone in the building. It's had an impact.

Anybody sporting a clown suit is more than likely just finally dressing as what they have been most of their own life.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-06-2022, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 12:30 PM)Upper Wrote: People have done all of that, and more, and it's meant nothing to Shad or anyone else in the front office. For years and years now I've seen people tweet their email responses about not renewing season tickets. I've seen them tweet about making phone calls saying the same. I've seen countless tweets voicing their displeasure. Nothing changed, as the other thread suggested it's the worst it's ever been for almost all of us.

You have to keep in mind, if people do this, it will be a very small number.  I guarantee you that stadium will not be filled with people in clown suits.  So, it's incredibly unlikely that this so-called "movement" will make Shad Khan want to leave Jacksonville.

It won't take that many participants to have an impact. I remember from decades ago the New Orleans Saints fans showing up to games with paper bags over their heads. All the sports stations and news stations covered them. Given all the media coverage this has already generated, you know that every person in a clown outfit or with a clown sign will be photographed or shown in the game coverage. Especially if they wear the moustaches. 

This is a clear message that the fans are one step away from torches and pitchforks and maybe the embarassment Khan feels over that kind of coverage will get him to pay attention. When the team announces that Baalke is staying on, it's clear he's not paying attention yet.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

The whole clown thing is simply about Khan not firing Baalke. It all started when Ian Rapoport came out and said Baalke would be staying on as GM, is when the fans started the clown stuff.

It's all about keeping Baalke, nothing more, nothing less.

(01-06-2022, 06:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The whole clown thing is simply about Khan not firing Baalke. It all started when Ian Rapoport came out and said Baalke would be staying on as GM, is when the fans started the clown stuff.

It's all about keeping Baalke, nothing more, nothing less.

Not that I agree with the clown thing, but uh… yeah. I don’t know there was any confusion with that

(01-05-2022, 05:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Meanwhile Shad had thousands of game day collectible cups made up featuring the clown logo and makes even more money.  Would be a smart move actually.

Maybe the front is the clown logo and the back has a “wink”.  ;-)

Like he’s telling us “yes, I’m gonna do it!” “But I’ll need about 15 bucks.”

Fantastic!

You clowns are full of yourselves.

Myles trying to hold it in lol. Struggling to not laugh lolol.
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1479175795549552649

(01-06-2022, 12:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
don't buy merch.
don't park in his lots.

I get that, but anyone thinking that dressing up like Pennywise or John Wayne Gacy is going to be the convincing argument to effect change is more foolish than their get-up.
Do you honestly think that if even 10% of the stadium looked like a Ringling Bros. show, he'd suddenly have an epiphany and realize the error of his judgment? If so, we are in worse shape than even the most pessimistic posters on this board could have imagined.

If 10K season ticket holders in unison canceled their renewals, that's a voice that will be heard. 
If coaching candidates refuse to interview because of the proposed retention of our  GM, that's a voice that will be heard.
If free agents refuse to sign with the team because of the GM (or lack of quality coach they are able to hire), that's a voice that will be heard.
If the NFLPA tells its members not to sign with a team, that's a voice that will be heard.

We don't have a lot of control over many of those voices, and that sucks. It's not going to stop people from dressing up, but if they think in any way that changing twitter avatars or attending a game in their Bozo-esque cosplay is going to be the straw that broke Shad's back, they're in for a surprise.

(01-06-2022, 03:41 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: You have to keep in mind, if people do this, it will be a very small number.  I guarantee you that stadium will not be filled with people in clown suits.  So, it's incredibly unlikely that this so-called "movement" will make Shad Khan want to leave Jacksonville.

It won't take that many participants to have an impact. I remember from decades ago the New Orleans Saints fans showing up to games with paper bags over their heads. All the sports stations and news stations covered them. Given all the media coverage this has already generated, you know that every person in a clown outfit or with a clown sign will be photographed or shown in the game coverage. Especially if they wear the moustaches. 

This is a clear message that the fans are one step away from torches and pitchforks and maybe the embarassment Khan feels over that kind of coverage will get him to pay attention. When the team announces that Baalke is staying on, it's clear he's not paying attention yet.

You remember the stories about Aints fans wearing bags on their heads, but do you remember what they were up in arms about, or how they wanted it to be fixed?
Did it work?

I don't understand the torches and pitchforks here...what's the goal? If Shad keeps Baalke, get the hell out of town? Are we really this bloodthirsty?

(01-06-2022, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Khan can always move the team if he chooses. But if continues running it with the same ineptness then it’s only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome there. If he can’t succeed here, he can’t succeed anywhere.

Disagree.  The $$$ influx from other cities could be immense.  Imagine another city offering a new stadium with much high priced luxury boxes.   Some cities are charging PSLs to retain tickets (e.g. $10,000 just to retain rights to 1 seat) and all cities are charging higher prices for their gameday tickets.  Perhaps that is why we have the lowest payroll and have (prior to Urban) paid our coaches and GMs the least in the NFL.

Khan missed the boat on the LA or Vegas moves which are proving to be extremely profitable for the Rams, Chargers, and Raiders .... all of which are in the playoff hunt right now.