Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 18

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 09:12 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Last week in the AFC South, the Jaguars were absolutely embarrassed and were embarrassing even by their own standards in getting curb stomped by the Patriots 50-10.  This embarrassing result was made worse by reports that Trent Baalke would be retained by Jaguars owner Shad Khan.  Jaguars fans, frustrated by the spectacular degree of losing over the past decade plus, have responded by creating a meme of a clown with a Shad Khan moustache, and there are reports of fans planning to show up at the final game of the season donning clown noses/outfits.  Meanwhile, the loathsome and detestable tacks-as most on this board have predicted-won the division by beating the once red hot Dolphins.  Elsewhere, while the Colts did not catch the tacks for the division, stayed in playoff contention by beting the Raiders.  Finally, the Texans lost to the 49ers in a season that was certainly bad, but not quite the dumpster fire that everyone predicted.  Jacksonville managed that, however.

Last week I lost gambling on the Dolphins, but otherwise went 3-1 2-2, and currently sit at 38-16.  Just two games left this regular season.

Since I'm like many of my fellow Jaguars fans and am ready to get the season overwith, I'll skip the talk and just make the picks.

Colts 31-7 over the Jaguars
Tacks 24-13 over the Texans

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Another 2-2 week puts me at 34-20 heading into the last week. It's been a rough year, except for the Jaguars, predicting their games has been pretty easy.

I'll take the colts to exorcise their Jax demons and put this one away by halftime. Something like 31-13 with the Jaguars just barely making this the worst offensive year ever.

For the tacks game I'm thinking something like 23-17 over the texans.

29-24 overall.  

Before i make my picks, heres something to think about..  if by some odd, huge mircle jags win sunday, people will show up to the first game in the new season wearing clown outfits.

my picks this week are 

tittians

colts

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Last week pulled even with Bullseye with a 4-0.
Overall 38-16.

Don't see any movement this week as both games seem to be gimmees.

Clots
Tacks

Are we gonna continue through the playoffs?  This is the first year I've actually remembered to do my picks all year. 
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-07-2022, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Last week pulled even with Bullseye with a 4-0.
Overall 38-16.

Clots
Tacks

Are we gonna continue through the playoffs?  This is the first year I've actually remembered to do my picks all year. 
I have to the extent there have been divisional teams in the playoffs.

If the tacks AND Colts make the postseason, we could pick those games, or the entire AFC field, or perhaps with extra points being awarded for the divisional games.

Want to maintain the spirit of the thread and not make things too complicated. 

I suggested opening up the picks to the entire AFC field to facilitate determining a picks winner, though the thread was never totally envisioned by me as a full blown competition.  If there were only one or two games featuring AFC South teams, that may not do much in the way of determining a winner. Picking more games, especially involving teams with whom we are presumably less familiar than our divisional foes, would more likely lead to a greater variance in picking which would increase the chances of breaking a tie.  But again, my preference is to keep the spirit of the thread.  Having at most four games to pick is part of the appeal to the thread, IMO as opposed to picking the entire slate of regular season games, although the most games we'd have to pick in this scenario is three.

As always, I'd welcome the input of other thread participants-thoough the number has diminished considerably over the years.

How should we proceed?

(01-07-2022, 09:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 08:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Last week pulled even with Bullseye with a 4-0.
Overall 38-16.

Clots
Tacks

I have to the extent there have been divisional teams in the playoffs.

If the tacks AND Colts make the postseason, we could pick those games, or the entire AFC field, or perhaps with extra points being awarded for the divisional games.

I suggested opening up the picks to the entire AFC field to facilitate determining a picks winner, though the thread was never totally envisioned by me as a full blown competition.  If there were only one or two games featuring AFC South teams, that may not do much in the way of determining a winner. Picking more games, especially involving teams with whom we are presumably less familiar than our divisional foes, would more likely lead to a greater variance in picking which would increase the chances of breaking a tie.  But again, my preference is to keep the spirit of the thread.  Having at most four games to pick is part of the appeal to the thread, IMO as opposed to picking the entire slate of regular season games, although the most games we'd have to pick in this scenario is three.

As always, I'd welcome the input of other thread participants-thoough the number has diminished considerably over the years.

How should we proceed?

Oh I was just thinking divisional games since that's the forum.  I'm open to whatever.

(01-07-2022, 09:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 09:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I have to the extent there have been divisional teams in the playoffs.

How should we proceed?

Oh I was just thinking divisional games since that's the forum.  I'm open to whatever.
If the tacks win, they will have homefield throughout, and would be the one team with a bye.  There would be, at most, one divisional game to pick this week-assuming the Colts make the playoffs.  If the Colts advanced to the second round, the most there would be are two picks using the divisional format.  if the Colts somehow did not reach the playoffs at all, there would be no picks this week, again presuming the tacks held on to the top seed.

2-2 last week, 34-19 on the year.

W/r/t postseason, I say keep the picks going for AFCs teams only so long as one remains in the postseason. not sure if anyone can catch UNF, especially if the shoes and tacks both make early exits.
I think it might be fun to start a spin-off pickem thread in the league section, might also see a few more join in there, especially if the entire field begins 0-0. Either way, I'll be here making bad picks as usual.

indy 28 Jags 14 - Indy gets an early lead, but manages to rest some starters in the 2nd half. Jax takes advantage of the second stringers and get a few cheap scores. Fans let out a sigh of relief knowing that the abysmal season has been successfully endured, but remain on edge and wait with baited breath for the black monday news.

tacks 20 tinhorns 13 - kinda wanted to call an upset here, just to try to make up ground on the chalk calls, but I have no guts. I don't think the tacks can have home field locked up by kickoff, so they'll likely be very motivated to get the win.

I say we eep this one in the AFCS only includeing playoffs if anyone from our division makes playoffs.

Its a great idea to start one in a different thread for all of nfl,as long as someone else does it instead of bullseye.

Lets all rember bullseyes health isn't as god as it use to be,if i rember correct,and he doesn't have as much time either.  

Maybe get someone else to run the post for all teams.

oh wait we have something like that though in fbts pickam on yahoo don't we?

Colts
Titans

2-2 last week
32-22 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 03:46 PM by Redrunt82.)

Well this week looks like a safe and easy bet, but it would be just like the Tacks to get swept by the Tinhorns.

Clots
Tacks

Last Week:
3-1

Overall:
35-19
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

3-1 last week
37-17 overall

Titans over Texans

And in a desperate attempt to catch Bullseye and Rico, I'm going with the Jaguars over Colts in my upset special. Clown lives matter.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(01-07-2022, 04:34 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-1 last week
37-17 overall

Titans over Texans

And in a desperate attempt to catch Bullseye and Rico, I'm going with the Jaguars over Colts in my upset special.  Clown lives matter.

...apologies to Bullseye and Rico, I thought unf was way ahead of everyone.

if y'all have a three way tie going into the postseason, some or all of you are gonna have to call some more crazy upsets!

(01-06-2022, 08:46 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Another 2-2 week puts me at 34-20 heading into the last week. It's been a rough year, except for the Jaguars, predicting their games has been pretty easy.

I'll take the colts to exorcise their Jax demons and put this one away by halftime. Something like 31-13 with the Jaguars just barely making this the worst offensive year ever.

What a shocker from the Jags. 35-21 to end the regular season.

(01-06-2022, 06:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week in the AFC South, the Jaguars were absolutely embarrassed and were embarrassing even by their own standards in getting curb stomped by the Patriots 50-10.  This embarrassing result was made worse by reports that Trent Baalke would be retained by Jaguars owner Shad Khan.  Jaguars fans, frustrated by the spectacular degree of losing over the past decade plus, have responded by creating a meme of a clown with a Shad Khan moustache, and there are reports of fans planning to show up at the final game of the season donning clown noses/outfits.  Meanwhile, the loathsome and detestable tacks-as most on this board have predicted-won the division by beating the once red hot Dolphins.  Elsewhere, while the Colts did not catch the tacks for the division, stayed in playoff contention by beting the Raiders.  Finally, the Texans lost to the 49ers in a season that was certainly bad, but not quite the dumpster fire that everyone predicted.  Jacksonville managed that, however.

Last week I lost gambling on the Dolphins, but otherwise went 3-1 2-2, and currently sit at 38-16.  Just two games left this regular season.

Since I'm like many of my fellow Jaguars fans and am ready to get the season overwith, I'll skip the talk and just make the picks.

This week:  1-1.  Glad to be wrong about that Jaguars game!

Overall:  39-17

(01-09-2022, 07:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 06:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week in the AFC South, the Jaguars were absolutely embarrassed and were embarrassing even by their own standards in getting curb stomped by the Patriots 50-10.  This embarrassing result was made worse by reports that Trent Baalke would be retained by Jaguars owner Shad Khan.  Jaguars fans, frustrated by the spectacular degree of losing over the past decade plus, have responded by creating a meme of a clown with a Shad Khan moustache, and there are reports of fans planning to show up at the final game of the season donning clown noses/outfits.  Meanwhile, the loathsome and detestable tacks-as most on this board have predicted-won the division by beating the once red hot Dolphins.  Elsewhere, while the Colts did not catch the tacks for the division, stayed in playoff contention by beting the Raiders.  Finally, the Texans lost to the 49ers in a season that was certainly bad, but not quite the dumpster fire that everyone predicted.  Jacksonville managed that, however.

This week:  1-1.  Glad to be wrong about that Jaguars game!

Overall:  39-17

Ditto as well as ditto for the results.

37-17 overall

Titans over Texans

And in a desperate attempt to catch Bullseye and Rico, I'm going with the Jaguars over Colts in my upset special.  Clown lives matter.

Appreciate the Jags cooperating and allowing me to tie for first place. 

2-0 this week
39-17 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(01-07-2022, 08:56 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 29-24 overall.  

Before i make my picks, heres something to think about..  if by some odd, huge mircle jags win sunday, people will show up to the first game in the new season wearing clown outfits.

my picks this week are 

tittians

colts

1-1 this week moveing me to  30-25 overall

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 02:43 PM by Mikey.)

(01-09-2022, 05:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 08:46 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Another 2-2 week puts me at 34-20 heading into the last week. It's been a rough year, except for the Jaguars, predicting their games has been pretty easy.

What a shocker from the Jags. 35-21 to end the regular season.

/offers high-five, 35-20 for me. Happy to take the L this week.

(01-10-2022, 12:02 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
37-17 overall

Titans over Texans

Appreciate the Jags cooperating and allowing me to tie for first place. 

2-0 this week
39-17 overall

Congrats to all three of you!

Well the Jags went out with a bang and a big one at that if you ask a Colts fan

[Image: 01ojob1qzra81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...d2d937b290]

Grats to the the winners....hopefully I can join ya next season, but I am happy with fourth.

This Week:
1-1

Overall:
36-20
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas