Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tell the truth Monday Bradley presser

Quote:Wasn't he going to be a top 5 pick if it wasn't for his knee? I mean he is a natural LB, what is there for him to learn? I think he isn't playing because Poz and Telvin are starting at the positions he would be playing. I don't understand the " he's learning the playbook" part.

He's not a natural LB, he's a natural athlete, BIG difference. In college he played all over the place, Just like Fowler. He was so physically gifted that his talent/athleticism outweighed the need to learn the specifics of a single position, again, much like Fowler. Now, they are having to hone their crafts in specific positions because the talent level around them is a level they aren't accustomed to requiring defined/refined skills.

Give it time, when ready they should be a blast to watch.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's not a natural LB, he's a natural athlete, BIG difference. In college he played all over the place, Just like Fowler. He was so physically gifted that his talent/athleticism outweighed the need to learn the specifics of a single position, again, much like Fowler. Now, they are having to hone their crafts in specific positions because the talent level around them is a level they aren't accustomed to requiring defined/refined skills.

Give it time, when ready they should be a blast to watch.

Gus isn't smart enough to utilize versatile players like Jack, Fowler, or Ramsey. All he will do is try to pigeon hole them into his crappy scheme that he stole from Pete Carroll. Meanwhile, bums like Skuta see the field instead of Jack because he fits in this magical 30th ranked scheme that dopey Gus and his North Dakota buddies love so much.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:It would only depend on his willingness to play RB.

No it wouldn't depend on his 'willingness'

Yall need to accept that he is not a RB or a SS or a WR or Punter.

He's a LB. He can't even get on the field for what we drafted him for and some of you want to just stick him in there at something else.

Hey let's put Robinson at QB since he played it college. Blake did throw an interception.

Quote:Gus isn't smart enough to utilize versatile players like Jack, Fowler, or Ramsey. All he will do is try to pigeon hole them into his crappy scheme that he stole from Pete Carroll. Meanwhile, bums like Skuta see the field instead of Jack because he fits in this magical 30th ranked scheme that dopey Gus and his North Dakota buddies love so much.

5th

Quote:Lets see how his team responds next week. That will dictate the future of the Gus Bradley era.

The whole season will dictate that. We have only played one game. There is no reason to think Gus Bradley's future will be dictated by a Week 2 game in San Diego.

Quote:Yup, if we lay an egg next week, its will be the same old, same old.

Laying an egg against the Chargers in San Diego is the same old, same old. That means absolutely nothing for the rest of the season.

Quote:5th

5th what?

Quote:5th what?

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/19420-team-stats-rankings/#entry814369'>https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/19420-team-stats-rankings/#entry814369</a>

Quote:Gus isn't smart enough to utilize versatile players like Jack, Fowler, or Ramsey. All he will do is try to pigeon hole them into his crappy scheme that he stole from Pete Carroll. Meanwhile, bums like Skuta see the field instead of Jack because he fits in this magical 30th ranked scheme that dopey Gus and his North Dakota buddies love so much.

Fowler and Ramsey played yesterday.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/19420-team-stats-rankings/#entry814369'>https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/19420-team-stats-rankings/#entry814369</a>

Meh. Scoring defense is what I care about.

Quote:Meh. Scoring defense is what I care about.

20th

Quote:Red Flag for me

Tweet from Tim Bee (@TimBeeSports) - Jack will see more playing time when he has a better grasp of his assignments with learning two positions right now. #Jaguars

Does the guy have ability and talent?  Why would you not try to get him on the field with plays that work for him?  Why would you insist on him learning 2 positions as a rookie?  I understand he is the "future" at the spot they want him to learn but that is a lot for a rookie to take on.  This coaching staff makes it hard for me to like them.
Why would you put him in against Rodgers at MLB when he's still learning how to get everyone set up? It would have made zero sense to put him out there against Rodgers to replace Poz in a game with a guy like Rodgers at QB. He's way too good.

As for WLB, Telvin was an absolute monster yesterday. That guy wasn't taken out for good reason.

Jack won't play OTTO.

Not sure what other spot you want him in. He'll get PT next week, fairly confident in that. This week didn't make much sense though. He obiously has the talent to play, but being a MLB on this defense while also learning another LB position can't be easy. We love Poz, and Telvin is damn good when he's not having mental lapses which he didn't yesterday. Jack wasn't seeing the field.

Quote:No it wouldn't depend on his 'willingness'

Yall need to accept that he is not a RB or a SS or a WR or Punter.

He's a LB. He can't even get on the field for what we drafted him for and some of you want to just stick him in there at something else.

Hey let's put Robinson at QB since he played it college. Blake did throw an interception.

You obviously didn't see Jack play that much in college. I did. In fact, I saw every game of his last 2 seasons in college and he is a RB and a special one at that. He is an athletic, intelligent player who has the instincts and ability to play a variety of positions. I believe RB was his most natural position, as he played a lot like Todd Gurley. Jack wanted to be a full time LB though, so Mora kind of phased him out of the offensive scheme for the most part. Make no mistake though, if he would have stayed at RB and would've stayed healthy, was gonna be a top 10 pick. In fact, I believe he would've gone ahead of Elliott as a RB. 

Quote:I'm asking an honest question. How did Poz look?

I didn't notice any glaring mistakes. Or him getting beat.
He did well, as he usually is. He has his struggles in coverage but yesterday our defense as a unit was very solid. Jack wasn't seeing the field against Rodgers after thinking more about it. Just didn't make much sense. We wanted that W, letting a rookie set up the defense against a Rodgers lead Packers team? Come on.

People saying he needs to be on the field? Telvin wasn't coming out. He isn't the guy to play OTTO unfortunately.

Quote:You obviously didn't see Jack play that much in college. I did. In fact, I saw every game of his last 2 seasons in college and he is a RB and a special one at that. He is an athletic, intelligent player who has the instincts and ability to play a variety of positions. I believe RB was his most natural position, as he played a lot like Todd Gurley. Jack wanted to be a full time LB though, so Mora kind of phased him out of the offensive scheme for the most part. Make no mistake though, if he would have stayed at RB and would've stayed healthy, was gonna be a top 10 pick. In fact, I believe he would've gone ahead of Elliott as a RB.

He is NOT a RB. But keep believing whatever you want.

Quote:He did well, as he usually is. He has his struggles in coverage but yesterday our defense as a unit was very solid. Jack wasn't seeing the field against Rodgers after thinking more about it. Just didn't make much sense. We wanted that W, letting a rookie set up the defense against a Rodgers lead Packers team? Come on.

People saying he needs to be on the field? Telvin wasn't coming out. He isn't the guy to play OTTO unfortunately.

So my question is why are some posters saying "after the way Poz looked yesterday"

Heck, I thought he played decent. People are making out like he sucked. Cyp too.

Quote:You obviously didn't see Jack play that much in college. I did. In fact, I saw every game of his last 2 seasons in college and he is a RB and a special one at that. He is an athletic, intelligent player who has the instincts and ability to play a variety of positions. I believe RB was his most natural position, as he played a lot like Todd Gurley. Jack wanted to be a full time LB though, so Mora kind of phased him out of the offensive scheme for the most part. Make no mistake though, if he would have stayed at RB and would've stayed healthy, was gonna be a top 10 pick. In fact, I believe he would've gone ahead of Elliott as a RB. 
I'll happily stick with him at LB and hope he turns into a Keuchly than be some short term RB and get killed back there behind that run blocking we saw last year. Jack has all pro potential at MLB, I'm not taking him away from that position. 

He's trying to learn MLB and WLB right now. All these people saying "well just shove him in there at SS or RB" is just hilarious. You act like any player can just jump in there without having a large learning curve. Let's not throw 4 positions at a rookie LB.

Quote:So my question is why are some posters saying "after the way Poz looked yesterday"

Heck, I thought he played decent. People are making out like he sucked. Cyp too.
No idea. Our run defense was great besides that one big run by Lacy. I don't remember Jared Cook killing us besides that one BS call on Cyp that was a PI. 

Quote:I'll happily stick with him at LB and hope he turns into a Keuchly than be some short term RB and get killed back there behind that run blocking we saw last year. Jack has all pro potential at MLB, I'm not taking him away from that position.

He's trying to learn MLB and WLB right now. All these people saying "well just shove him in there at SS or RB" is just hilarious. You act like any player can just jump in there without having a large learning curve. Let's not throw 4 positions at a rookie LB.

This is what I'm screaming.

I actually liked Gus' take; he also had a good point that with Rodgers he's dangerous outside the pocket and it may actually suit you better to keep him contained. The problem is there are still weaknesses in the secondary. And you need to be able to get home with just four rushers which we can't. If you look back at teams that have held the packers to lower scores, like the Chiefs in 2011, they played straight four rush with coverage outside. Your basic defense, but with the right players it's what is needed to beat Rodgers. He's too dangerous to flush out

Quote:20th

Out of 28 so far. It's a slight improvement but not much.