Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talking about the Dysfunction of the Jaguars organization.

This man claims to have connections to the Jaguars organization and some of the players. The first 10 mins or so is very telling if true. 

One of the things he hit the head of the nail on was at one time we had 

A first time owner  Shad 
A first time coach Bradley 
A first time GM. Caldwell 

At the same time running this team. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That was ten years ago, and it is worse now than it was then. So not sure what that says...

(01-07-2022, 02:26 PM)Upper Wrote: That was ten years ago, and it is worse now than it was then. So not sure what that says...

It says one of two things. 

1. Khan has refused to learn from his mistakes in this profession. He clearly only concerns himself with bottom line margins, profitability and as long as people continue to buy his products he really has no overall concerns or fears in the long term. In other words, it's just business to him. Ultimately, if it doesn't work out here. The shield, the other 31 owners and minority owners will assist him in relocating the team in a new market if push comes to shove. 

2. He's completely [BLEEP] clueless. 

Either way you look at it. It's terrifying.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2022, 02:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 02:26 PM)Upper Wrote: That was ten years ago, and it is worse now than it was then. So not sure what that says...

It says one of two things. 

1. Khan has refused to learn from his mistakes in this profession. He clearly only concerns himself with bottom line margins, profitability and as long as people continue to buy his products he really has no overall concerns or fears in the long term. In other words, it's just business to him. Ultimately, if it doesn't work out here. The shield, the other 31 owners and minority owners will assist him in relocating the team in a new market if push comes to shove. 

It's not really terrifying.  We're not going to die if the team moves to another city.  

But I certainly agree, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.  

Poor Trevor.  If this goes on another year, he ought to demand a trade.

(01-07-2022, 04:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 02:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It says one of two things. 

It's not really terrifying.  We're not going to die if the team moves to another city.  

But I certainly agree, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.  

Poor Trevor.  If this goes on another year, he ought to demand a trade.

I agree. Life goes on. They were talking about Trevor potentially pulling some trade at some point if things don't get any better. Think Prosser went off on Hicken for bringing it up idea wise. Mentioned his camp, etc. 

I agreed with Prosser though. Thought the idea was foolish. However, from Hicken's point of view. Makes sense. If you have agents in your ear saying you're this other worldly talent and you're not able to showcase it? Your market value is now hovering around $20M contract wise instead of those crazy, triple digit contracts that his agents and camp are hyping him up on. 

We'll see what the future holds. People like to forget that it was often times Brady taking huge pay cuts to warrant getting better supporting casts for him to succeed over his tenure with the Patriots. Granted, he had two supermodel wives to support him on the side. That usually makes that decision easier when it comes to the contract offers. LOL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2022, 01:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: This man claims to have connections to the Jaguars organization and some of the players. The first 10 mins or so is very telling if true. 

A first time owner  Shad 

[embed]

...so yet another negative story that merited yet another thread?

How many owners are not a first-time owner?

Do you prefer that we focus solely on hiring retreads that failed their last time trying that job?

Or do you just seek out all the stories that [BLEEP] on the team you supposedly support?

(01-07-2022, 05:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 01:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: This man claims to have connections to the Jaguars organization and some of the players. The first 10 mins or so is very telling if true. 

A first time owner  Shad 

[embed]

Do you prefer that we focus solely on hiring retreads that failed their last time trying that job?

Or do you just seek out all the stories that [BLEEP] on the team you supposedly support?

As much as I enjoy bagging on mvp, this video was actually pretty good and made a lot of salient points.

Was a good listen.

A first time owner  Shad 

I agree.

Shad Klown has not learned a darn thing.

Bringing back TC had its pros and cons...and he still couldnt even learn from that!
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

A first time owner  Shad 

It doesn't sound very surprising to me.  

Are there any owners in the NFL that aren't first time owners?  Did any owner buy (or inherit) a team, sell it, and then buy another team?  I'm drawing a blank.

Without looking it up, aren't most GM's first time GM's?  It is not a position where many are given a second opportunity.  

It basically just leaves coach.  Yes, some teams hire retreads, but hiring a first time coach is very common too.  Nothing surprising here.

The way this team is run is of great concern. I am intrigued to see what happens this time but if we end up with a Baalke / Bevell partnership then I think the fans need to take serious action!

A first time owner  Shad 

your avatar suits you well ...clown

Kount Khan

The way I see it, there are a few different scenarios (not limited to one, could and probably is multiple) that explain why khan is making the decisions we have seen.

-He is completely tone def to the true climate around the fanbase and what the fans as well as most of the media think about the direction of the team and job he and his staff are doing.

-He is way to trusting in his current staff of people who make football decisions and puts very little value in any other opinions from outside sources.

-although he is heavily invested financially(at least to our definition of heavy investment) this isn’t his main priority in business and therefore is a slight afterthought when it comes to his priorities. Something he would never admit and some would never believe to be true.

-is incredibly dead set in his decisions so once he makes up his mind it will take extreme circumstances for him to deviate. ( sort of explains retaining that [BLEEP] bag of a GM)

-(probably biggest variable)other than owning a football team he has absolutely no idea what he is looking at when it comes to the game of football. To me this would explain 50% of his “state of the franchise” presentations are financial spread sheets because as far as he is concerned that is all the jaguars represent to him. I’m sure a lot of owners didn’t play the game either, but khan comes across as a guy who never paid enough attention to the sport to understand it the way most of us do growing up watching and playing the game.

All and all, other than keeping the team here, he has been an completely underwhelming disappointment of a owner. Hopefully he figures it out but as of now, we are stuck having to watch him fumble as he attempts to get it right.

(01-17-2022, 11:04 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: The way I see it, there are a few different scenarios (not limited to one, could and probably is multiple) that explain why khan is making the decisions we have seen.

-He is completely tone def to the true climate around the fanbase and what the fans as well as most of the media think about the direction of the team and job he and his staff are doing.

-He is way to trusting in his current staff of people who make football decisions and puts very little value in any other opinions from outside sources.

-although he is heavily invested financially(at least to our definition of heavy investment) this isn’t his main priority in business and therefore is a slight afterthought when it comes to his priorities. Something he would never admit and some would never believe to be true.

-is incredibly dead set in his decisions so once he makes up his mind it will take extreme circumstances for him to deviate. ( sort of explains retaining  that [BLEEP] bag of a GM)

-(probably biggest variable)other than owning a football team he has absolutely no idea what he is looking at when it comes to the game of football. To me this would explain 50% of his “state of the franchise” presentations are financial spread sheets because as far as he is concerned that is all the jaguars represent to him. I’m sure a lot of owners didn’t play the game either, but khan comes across as a guy who never paid enough attention to the sport to understand it the way most of us do growing up watching and playing the game.

All and all, other than keeping the team here, he has been an completely underwhelming disappointment of a owner. Hopefully he figures it out but as of now, we are stuck having to watch him fumble as he attempts to get it right.

Khan knows he doesn’t know the NFL well enough to make the tough decisions, so he has repeatedly hired ppl “more knowledgeable” to make those calls.

Unfortunately, he has made an unprecedented string of bad decisions about who he has placed in positions of trust.

The actual funny thing about all of this is that Shad likely has so little to do with any of this. When you work at a franchise, how often does the Franchise owner come in and do anything? Typically never. I'm sure he has people under him doing this crap for him.

(01-19-2022, 04:16 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: The actual funny thing about all of this is that Shad likely has so little to do with any of this. When you work at a franchise, how often does the Franchise owner come in and do anything? Typically never. I'm sure he has people under him doing this crap for him.

Shad is in the draft room and I've heard he has say in FA pickups too. I understand it's his money, but I think the Khans(Tony too) are much more involved in acquiring players than you think.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 03:45 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 05:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:

A first time owner  Shad 

[embed]

Where do you put Doug Peterson on that spectrum?

He won a Super Bowl as a head coach..  Nobody else on our list of candidates can make that claim.    The fact he hasn't gotten a second interview speaks volumes that it isn't about merit.

I remember a time on the earlier iteration of this board that not hiring the most qualified person was a source of consternation and outrage.

Now?  

Apparently not so much.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-19-2022, 03:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 05:13 PM)Mikey Wrote: ...so yet another negative story that merited yet another thread?

Where do you put Doug Peterson on that spectrum?

He won a Super Bowl as a head coach..  Nobody else on our list of candidates can make that claim.    The fact he hasn't gotten a second interview speaks volumes that it isn't about merit.

I remember a time on the earlier iteration of this board that not hiring the most q is sligied person was a source of consternation and outrage.

Now?  

Apparently not so much.

It's been a wild roller coaster of hiring philosophy since khan took over. 

To his credit, his hires have represented a wide spectrum of different approaches.
  • Bradley and Caldwell were both touted as shiny, younger up-and-comers and the nat'l press/NFL pundits mostly agreed they were indeed that  - until they weren't 
  • Meyer was the stab at a college sensation converted to NFL as well as a stab at giving the HC personnel control
  • Marrone was a stab at the grizzled-veteran-lunch-pail-let's-just-get-it-done approach
  • When Caldwell strung together too many bad 1st rd picks he tried the football czar/EVP approach with Coughlin

So it hasn't been for lack of trying. When one thing failed, he tried something else. 

To his DIScredit, unfortunately, he has just hired the wrong people or wrong combination of people repeatedly. 
If he hits on a GM/HC combo this time, it will be long overdue, but it's also not hard to see what he has tried to pull off and to understand the reasoning behind it.

I think Joe Public's change in stance on qualifications and experience has been shifted due to the McVay/Kingsbury types that are having success.