Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Props to Trevor on his big game.

He finally put together a full game without mistakes. Very motivating to see it. Also shout out to the defense man they were insane today looking like the '17 jags. Here's to hoping we can get a superstar or two in free agency and have another good draft and start winning around here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

not just to Trevor whole team showed up today. you lose as a team,and you win as a team.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Cheers. Right on. Cant wait until april 28th.

Great mojo heading into the off season. Another good draft + a splash of talent and hopefully we can start turning a corner away from the results of these past few seasons.

(01-09-2022, 06:26 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He finally put together a full game without mistakes. Very motivating to see it. Also shout out to the defense man they were insane today looking like the '17 jags. Here's to hoping we can get a superstar or two in free agency and have another good draft and start winning around here.

I thought his game vs the jets 2 weeks ago was nearly as sharp with only a shade less accuracy. (his footwork was better today) 

The games in weeks 4-6 showed very clear signs of what we saw today from him. he just had so many things working against him. I remember posting this list around week 14 or 13 laying out what he was dealing with as a rookie at that time:
  • There is not a QB in the league  more crippled by poor coaching than Lawrence was for the vast majority of season
  • There are only 5 QB in the league who have been hurried more often than Lawrence.
  • There are only 10 Qb in the league who have seen more blitzes than Lawrence
  • There are only 4 QB in the league who have suffered as many dropped passes as Lawrence.
  • There are 0 starting QB league wide (who have not missed games) who have as few red zone pass attempts as Lawrence. ZERO
  • There are only 7 QB league wide who have been knocked down as many times as Lawrence
  • There are 26 QBs league wide (50 attempts or more) who experienced better average pocket time than Lawrence.
That's a lot to overcome. 

I also think Schottenheimer's play calling was a MAJOR factor in getting Trevor in position to succeed today. 
He was missing that element most of the season. He was asked to throw an inordinate number of low completion probability passes according to fantasy sites that track that stat. Especially for a rookie. 

Today's performance, to me, simply looked like the other games I mentioned he played well in except with better play calling and better footwork resulting in an accuracy uptick.

(01-09-2022, 06:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 06:26 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He finally put together a full game without mistakes. Very motivating to see it. Also shout out to the defense man they were insane today looking like the '17 jags. Here's to hoping we can get a superstar or two in free agency and have another good draft and start winning around here.

I thought his game vs the jets 2 weeks ago was nearly as sharp with only a shade less accuracy. (his footwork was better today) 

The games in weeks 4-6 showed very clear signs of what we saw today from him. he just had so many things working against him. I remember posting this list around week 14 or 13 laying out what he was dealing with as a rookie at that time:
  • There is not a QB in the league  more crippled by poor coaching than Lawrence was for the vast majority of season
  • There are only 5 QB in the league who have been hurried more often than Lawrence.
  • There are only 4 QB in the league who have suffered as many dropped passes as Lawrence.
  • There are 0 starting QB league wide (who have not missed games) who have as few red zone pass attempts as Lawrence. ZERO
  • There are only 7 QB league wide who have been knocked down as many times as Lawrence
  • There are 26 QBs league wide (50 attempts or more) who experienced better average pocket time than Lawrence.

I also think Schottenheimer's play calling was a MAJOR factor in getting Trevor in position to succeed today. 
He was missing that element most of the season. He was asked to throw an inordinate number of low completion probability passes according to fantasy sites that track that stat. Especially for a rookie. 

Today's performance, to me, simply looked like the other games I mentioned he played well in except with better play calling and better footwork resulting in an accuracy uptick.

Did he have any off target throws? The pass that was caught outside of the end zone looked to me like it may have been a throwaway, but that's the only throw I can recall that looked like it might be off target.

(01-09-2022, 06:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 06:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought his game vs the jets 2 weeks ago was nearly as sharp with only a shade less accuracy. (his footwork was better today) 

Did he have any off target throws? The pass that was caught outside of the end zone looked to me like it may have been a throwaway, but that's the only throw I can recall that looked like it might be off target.
He had a ball batted at the line but I’m pretty sure he had 7 drops today hahaha 

Unreal. Most fun I’ve had watching a game all year though.

(01-09-2022, 06:30 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: not just to Trevor whole team showed up today. you lose as a team,and you win as a team.

But when we lose it's all Trevor's Fault RIGHT

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 07:18 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

I disagree, this game was maybe similar statisticly to the Jets game, but today he not only had much better accuracy but showed up clutch on key downs. I think the Marvin Jones touchdown was the big "wow throw" I've been waiting for. Ball was snapped over his head, he kept composure and threw a dot. This was his coming out game, it's unfortunate that it had to be at the end of a lost season but it was against a good team that had a lot to play for.

The jets game he played OK but had quite a few bad throws and was also playing against a team that had 20 players in covid protocol.

(01-09-2022, 06:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought his game vs the jets 2 weeks ago was nearly as sharp with only a shade less accuracy. (his footwork was better today) 

There was a throw to the RB over the middle that he sent in the dirt after avoiding pressure but aside from that he was pretty good today.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 07:20 PM by DTWD4∞. Edited 1 time in total.)

Wow. That truly shows our QB is one tough hombre. Both physically And mentally.

I agree about Shotty. You think he should have a shot at OC in the next coaching staff?  I wouldn't be averse to it but many here think it should be a clean sweep, at least on the offensive side.

Agree to all of that. I hope to see more of tier version of Lawrence
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-09-2022, 07:19 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:

Wow. That truly shows our QB is one tough hombre. Both physically And mentally.

I agree about Shotty. You think he should have a shot at OC in the next coaching staff?  I wouldn't be averse to it but many here think it should be a clean sweep, at least on the offensive side.

I'm open-minded about the possibility. If the next HC wanted that, I wouldn't hate it. 
Continuity could be good for the kid, but I also like the idea of someone with a bit more modern edge to his concepts/scheme.

what do you consider off target...I consider that throw to be right on target...any higher incomplete any lower intercepted...it was literally perfect

Trevor was awesome today, but stastically it should only be a taste of what to expect going forward. A 233 ya, 6.9 YPA, and 2 TD average would put him in the middle of the road for the season.

If he's going to be our franchise savior days like today should be routine and even a little subpar stastically speaking. It's got me all excited thinking about it from that aspect too, cause I think he will get there.

Imagine what he could do with competent receivers.

(01-09-2022, 08:17 PM)Upper Wrote: Trevor was awesome today, but stastically it should only be a taste of what to expect going forward. A 233 ya, 6.9 YPA, and 2 TD average would put him in the middle of the road for the season.

If he's going to be our franchise savior days like today should be routine and even a little subpar stastically speaking. It's got me all excited thinking about it from that aspect too, cause I think he will get there.
His numbers would have been incredible if the Jags receivers could catch lol

As good as Trevor was today, could have been even better if Treadwell catches that bomb, Shenault catches the TD, RBs make some catches…..

(01-09-2022, 08:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Imagine what he could do with competent receivers.

The FO should start shopping the #1 pick right now to build a possible list of suitors LOL

That was just the shot of confidence Trevor and the fanbase needed to end the season. I'm so glad we didn't crash and burn like so many times before. It would have been lower than whale poop in this place.

(01-09-2022, 07:12 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 06:30 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: not just to Trevor whole team showed up today. you lose as a team,and you win as a team.

But when we lose it's all Trevor's Fault RIGHT

I think you got wrong person,i don't recall saying jags lost just because of trevor. I have said i think he overrated,and overhyped before. I said hes made some costly turnovers that cost them winning the game. Jets exsample, Jags were driveing at end of game,and he fumbled the ball. of course if jags played better al around any games they lost record might be different.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-09-2022, 08:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That was just the shot of confidence Trevor and the fanbase needed to end the season. I'm so glad we didn't crash and burn like so many times before. It would have been lower than whale poop in this place.

Yes, I much prefer this bathypelagic zone hovering just above the whale poop.   Big Grin

It really was the finish we needed after such a wacky and abysmal season.