Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Props to Trevor on his big game.

I’m impressed with Trevor today, finally he puts together a performance that makes you feel like you have a future stud. Defense was amazing too!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2022, 08:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 08:17 PM)Upper Wrote: Trevor was awesome today, but stastically it should only be a taste of what to expect going forward. A 233 ya, 6.9 YPA, and 2 TD average would put him in the middle of the road for the season.

If he's going to be our franchise savior days like today should be routine and even a little subpar stastically speaking. It's got me all excited thinking about it from that aspect too, cause I think he will get there.
His numbers would have been incredible if the Jags receivers could catch lol

As good as Trevor was today, could have been even better if Treadwell catches that bomb, Shenault catches the TD, RBs make some catches…..

Yup, should of easily had at least another 70 yards and another TD in dropped passes.

He also only threw the ball 7 times in the 2nd half. They were content with just coasting out the game running the ball. He had over 200 passing yards in the 1st half. Don't see any reason why that would of changed in the 2nd half if he continued to throw the ball. He was dialed in today.

(01-09-2022, 06:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 06:26 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He finally put together a full game without mistakes. Very motivating to see it. Also shout out to the defense man they were insane today looking like the '17 jags. Here's to hoping we can get a superstar or two in free agency and have another good draft and start winning around here.

I thought his game vs the jets 2 weeks ago was nearly as sharp with only a shade less accuracy. (his footwork was better today) 

The games in weeks 4-6 showed very clear signs of what we saw today from him. he just had so many things working against him. I remember posting this list around week 14 or 13 laying out what he was dealing with as a rookie at that time:
  • There is not a QB in the league  more crippled by poor coaching than Lawrence was for the vast majority of season
  • There are only 5 QB in the league who have been hurried more often than Lawrence.
  • There are only 10 Qb in the league who have seen more blitzes than Lawrence
  • There are only 4 QB in the league who have suffered as many dropped passes as Lawrence.
  • There are 0 starting QB league wide (who have not missed games) who have as few red zone pass attempts as Lawrence. ZERO
  • There are only 7 QB league wide who have been knocked down as many times as Lawrence
  • There are 26 QBs league wide (50 attempts or more) who experienced better average pocket time than Lawrence.
That's a lot to overcome. 

I also think Schottenheimer's play calling was a MAJOR factor in getting Trevor in position to succeed today. 
He was missing that element most of the season. He was asked to throw an inordinate number of low completion probability passes according to fantasy sites that track that stat. Especially for a rookie. 

Today's performance, to me, simply looked like the other games I mentioned he played well in except with better play calling and better footwork resulting in an accuracy uptick.

Ya, what he said.

(01-09-2022, 06:26 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He finally put together a full game without mistakes. Very motivating to see it. Also shout out to the defense man they were insane today looking like the '17 jags. Here's to hoping we can get a superstar or two in free agency and have another good draft and start winning around here.

In our three wins this year, he's thrown 0 picks.

That might be because he wasn't acting in desperation. It might be that when he's on, the rest of the team is on, and vice versa.

Mistakes aren't always a bad thing. But today it appeared to be clicking. I don't know if that was on the coaches calling the guys to go out with a bang, divine intervention, Indy folding like a chair, or a sign of what we actually could have had all season with proper coaching.

It was fun to watch. It was very encouraging for the future.

(01-10-2022, 10:54 AM)Mikey Wrote:

In our three wins this year, he's thrown 0 picks.

That might be because he wasn't acting in desperation. It might be that when he's on, the rest of the team is on, and vice versa.

Mistakes aren't always a bad thing. But today it appeared to be clicking. I don't know if that was on the coaches calling the guys to go out with a bang, divine intervention, Indy folding like a chair, or a sign of what we actually could have had all season with proper coaching.

It was fun to watch. It was very encouraging for the future.

He had 200 yds in the first half yesterday and was pretty much flawless. I think the Jones td is also something that will be great to remember during the offseason. He also used his legs a couple of key plays which I think many of us have wanted to see. 

The big thing he needs to improve on is ball security. Whether that is due to decision making, receivers or whatnot I don't have the definitive answer on but he's had way too many picks and a few fumbles. I think it's known I put a significant part of the blame for all that on Trevor himself regardless of receivers, coaching etc. He needs to take what's given to him and don't force things. Once that improves I'm confident he, and the team, will be much better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!