Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Over at the Colts message board

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 08:26 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://forums.colts.com/topic/72336-202...-thoughts/

[Image: C4Fy7-MUMAANuy3.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 08:28 PM by Steve. Edited 1 time in total.)

According to one poster. The Jags win was a conspiracy orchestrated by the NFL to get the Steelers in the playoffs.

[Image: FIsZb2VXEAEVbAA?format=jpg&name=large]

Unless the NFL told the Colts to not run the ball, I don't know how they did it. Taylor was killing the Jags and they just didn't run him enough.

It was like Bevell was calling the plays.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 08:51 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The colts could run the until they couldn't. The jags d was too much today just like the game vs the Bill's.

For the nfl conspiracy theory to work, you have to have a lot of penalties against the colts

(01-09-2022, 08:28 PM)Steve Wrote: According to one poster. The Jags win was a conspiracy orchestrated by the NFL to get the Steelers in the playoffs.

[Image: FIsZb2VXEAEVbAA?format=jpg&name=large]

Every board is required to have a conspiracy theorist.  Ours is ??
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Lol. It’s funny but it does seem so weird they played so poor and we played so well, w railways seem to play the colts tough down here though. Tough loss.

Their game day thread is better. Especially when you read the couple pages before it started.

Quote:  1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:
I've got this fiction playing in my head, where Jim Irsay walks into the locker room, tries to start some kind of speech, just can't, sighs, and then says, "Quite frankly, guys, this is just about the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened with this team.  This is bad.  Really bad.  I need you to know just how bad.  SO....  Nobody rides the team plane home tonight.  You all have to find your own way home."

That's how bad this was.

LOL

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 09:18 PM by p_rushing.)

(01-09-2022, 08:49 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The colts could run the until they couldn't. The jags d was too much today just like the game vs the Bill's.

For the nfl conspiracy theory to work, you have to have a lot of penalties against the colts
The defense was OK but the Colts were forcing the passing game. They were putting themselves in 2nd and long all day. Taylor was gaining lots of yards in space but they couldn't run the ball straight up the middle. The play calling was terrible and the opposite of any game plan I would have used to beat the Jags.

(01-09-2022, 09:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
Quote:  1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:
I've got this fiction playing in my head, where Jim Irsay walks into the locker room, tries to start some kind of speech, just can't, sighs, and then says, "Quite frankly, guys, this is just about the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened with this team.  This is bad.  Really bad.  I need you to know just how bad.  SO....  Nobody rides the team plane home tonight.  You all have to find your own way home."

That's how bad this was.

LOL
I agree with that, it's so bad someone has to take blame and be fired. It's the 1st time a loss like that has happened since the merger.

I just watched the highlights on youtube and Adam Archuleta was practically having a meltdown. He's pretty happy before he realizes what is actually happening and he is dumbfounded.

Go whinge to someone who will listen you candy [BLEEP] putz.

In all fairness I said a couple days ago we'd win if the NFL was rigged, since Ben is retiring. It's kinda funny

"I never expected to be sitting here having this moment right now, not like this," Colts coach Frank Reich said after the game. "We had a good week of practice. We had good preparation all week long, felt good energy the whole week, every day, every meeting. We felt like we had three good plans. We felt like the players were dialed in. We just didn't get it done today. We just didn't get it done, coaching or playing."

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-eliminate...to-jaguars

https://forums.colts.com/topic/72342-indy-clowns/

They are taking our clown thing and running with it XD

(01-09-2022, 10:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: "I never expected to be sitting here having this moment right now, not like this," Colts coach Frank Reich said after the game. "We had a good week of practice. We had good preparation all week long, felt good energy the whole week, every day, every meeting. We felt like we had three good plans. We felt like the players were dialed in. We just didn't get it done today. We just didn't get it done, coaching or playing."

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-eliminate...to-jaguars

I'm sure all of those things are true, but he didn't take into account one key factor: complacency. Their last whooping of the Jags was a lasting impression, and they had no reason to believe today would be any different. Hell, no one else did either. They probably kept expecting the Jags to fold at any minute and by the time they realized it wasn't going to happen, it was too late.

The clots do not play well in Jacksonville. I don't know why people are surprised they lost today. They choked. Just like they did against the Raiders the previous week.

Happens every year to a lot of teams for various reasons. Look at the Cardinals. They lost the West to the Rams today after they got iced by Seattle. Look at the tacks. They sealed up the top seed despite being without Henry. After barely holding off the tinhorns.

Dolphins beat the Patriots today. Again, not uncommon. Even when Brady was there. It's good old fashioned division football folks. That's how it goes sometimes.

Also. The "OmG tHe StEeLeRs ArE GuNnA rUn ThE tAbLe NoW!". LOL. People do know the Ravens have been without Lamar Jackson now since week 14, correct? That game would have been different more than likely today had he been healthy.

The Steelers and Big Ben have been done since 2017. If The Chargers win tonight the Steelers are lined up against Kansas City. Oof.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2022, 09:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just watched the highlights on youtube and Adam Archuleta was practically having a meltdown. He's pretty happy before he realizes what is actually happening and he is dumbfounded.

Yea I thought it was odd too.  If you are an announcer in a game like that, having the colts win is pretty boring.  It's expected and creates no interest or drama.  But having the the jags win would create a bunch of drama and all sorts of crazy playoff scenarios.  So if if you are being completely impartial, you'd think there'd be more excitement in the underdog story than the expected favorite winning.

The only thing that was dull I suppose is that the Colts could never get it close.

(01-09-2022, 10:34 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 09:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just watched the highlights on youtube and Adam Archuleta was practically having a meltdown. He's pretty happy before he realizes what is actually happening and he is dumbfounded.

Yea I thought it was odd too.  If you are an announcer in a game like that, having the colts win is pretty boring.  It's expected and creates no interest or drama.  But having the the jags win would create a bunch of drama and all sorts of crazy playoff scenarios.  So if if you are being completely impartial, you'd think there'd be more excitement in the underdog story than the expected favorite winning.

The only thing that was dull I suppose is that the Colts could never get it close.
Post a link please

Isn't the Colts on Hard knocks right now? if so this is going to be an amazing week to watch.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 11:06 PM by Bullseye.)

I got a chuckle out of the guy who said we just won our Super Bowl.

Perhaps it's me, but I always thought Super Bowl wins necessarily entailed beating teams that...you know...actually MAKE the playoffs.

Just saying...and laughing.

Yeah...he seemed less than impartial at times.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

From a different Colts board...

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/1/9/22...highlights

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!