Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Over at the Colts message board

(01-11-2022, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've been watching videos of a lot of pundits, national reporters and the like tearing the Colts to shreds, and it's really funny.

I've been watching videos of Colts fans.

Even funnier.

I'm glad the Jaguars can cause misery to Colts fans, but I'd like to see the day that losing to the Jaguars is not a source of abject embarrassment because we are perpetually among the worst teams in the league.  For a while, I'd like to see the Jaguars cause other teams fans misery because we're netter.

Anyway, here are a couple of videos.

Caution:  Predictable and funny profanity alert!

https://youtu.be/pT8KdjdggiY

This guy is funnier...

https://youtu.be/2XkLDRKtC-M

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2022, 09:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The only thing that worries me with such a win is I can see Khan’s gears grinding away in his head and coming to the conclusion he already has everyone on staff to make this a winning team. After all, we trounced the clots. So why hire new people?

That could very easily be what he is thinking.  It would fit right in with that lazy streak of his that he calls "continuity."

(01-11-2022, 09:24 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've been watching videos of a lot of pundits, national reporters and the like tearing the Colts to shreds, and it's really funny.

I've been watching videos of Colts fans.

Even funnier.

I'm glad the Jaguars can cause misery to Colts fans, but I'd like to see the day that losing to the Jaguars is not a source of abject embarrassment because we are perpetually among the worst teams in the league.  For a while, I'd like to see the Jaguars cause other teams fans misery because we're netter.

Anyway, here are a couple of videos.

Caution:  Predictable and funny profanity alert!

https://youtu.be/pT8KdjdggiY

This guy is funnier...

https://youtu.be/2XkLDRKtC-M

That second one is like the 5 stages of grief in real time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 06:51 PM by Mowerguy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2022, 06:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you want to see something funny, go to youtube and look up Pat McAfee's webcast abut the Colts losing to the Jaguars.  I won't post it here, because I think it might violate the rules of the board due to bad language.  I mean, there is a LOT of cursing.  It was pretty funny to me.

wow first time Ive come across this guy...thought he was going have a stroke he was so worked up.

The moment he says the clots players say "It's hard to play down there" his eyes are bulging. Priceless!
My son and I would go to the clots games here before he moved to Texas (manning was the QB)
to this day he's a Jags fan and shares my own distaste for the tacks and clots.

His "peanut gallery" is pretty funny too
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If I were a colts fan I would feel really greasy right now.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

As much crap as we've gone through as Jaguar fans. I can't imagine how annoying it must be to know, not only did you miss the playoffs by 1 game.. you lost to a division rival in a historically bad season because of an extra game being added.

In a normal year, they were in after 16.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 09:08 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-09-2022, 08:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Unless the NFL told the Colts to not run the ball, I don't know how they did it. Taylor was killing the Jags and they just didn't run him enough.

It was like Bevell was calling the plays.

Lol .... NICE !!!

(01-12-2022, 07:35 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: As much crap as we've gone through as Jaguar fans. I can't imagine how annoying it must be to know, not only did you miss the playoffs by 1 game.. you lost to a division rival in a historically bad season because of an extra game being added.

The extra Jags game was vs Atlanta.  We still would have played the Colts in the final week of the season and won.

However, your statement is true in the sense that the Colts lost to the Bucs and the Steelers beat the Seahawks in their extra games so the Steelers did gain a win as a result of their extra wins so yes, the Colts would have been in if it were not for the extra game.

(01-09-2022, 08:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Unless the NFL told the Colts to not run the ball, I don't know how they did it. Taylor was killing the Jags and they just didn't run him enough.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I've heard that now from several national pundits- "why didn't they run the ball more?" and my answer would be, they couldn't run the ball.  Taylor had 15 attempts for 77 yards, but if you take out that one where he should have been tackled at the LOS, but miraculously escaped for (I think) 26 yards, his stats would be 14 carries for 51 yards.  That would be 3.6 yards per carry.   We had him under control.  In addition to that, they were down by 2 or 3 scores in the second half.  They didn't have time to grind it out.

(01-12-2022, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I've heard that now from several national pundits- "why didn't they run the ball more?" and my answer would be, they couldn't run the ball.  Taylor had 15 attempts for 77 yards, but if you take out that one where he should have been tackled at the LOS, but miraculously escaped for (I think) 26 yards, his stats would be 14 carries for 51 yards.  That would be 3.6 yards per carry.   We had him under control.  In addition to that, they were down by 2 or 3 scores in the second half.  They didn't have time to grind it out.

Yeah. It was the entire strategy. 

Sell out to stop the run and force Wentz into mistakes. 

Exactly what opposing teams used to do when we had Fournette/Bortles. 

The Jags had Tayor bottled up and they had to pass after being down in the third.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 12:59 PM by The Real Marty.)

Here's a good one. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/colts-legend-je...00624.html

(01-12-2022, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Taylor was hurting the Jags on the ground and had some yards in the passing game. He could have taken the pressure off of Wentz but for some reason they thought it best to use him as the 1st option. A lot of the series started with 1st down passes and that left them in holes where running wasn't going to help. Then in short yardage, they had the most basic run plays called. It's like when the Jags had LF, the white RB who couldn't get 1 yard, etc. The Jags would try to just run forward into a wall. The game plan and play calling was terrible and even the passing game wasn't taking advantage of the Jags LBs who get abused every week because if the QB has time, they cannot cover in zone.

(01-12-2022, 07:35 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: As much crap as we've gone through as Jaguar fans. I can't imagine how annoying it must be to know, not only did you miss the playoffs by 1 game.. you lost to a division rival in a historically bad season because of an extra game being added.

I like it though because of their breeze through the AFC South all those Manning and Luck years. I hope we get some springboard to successesd at some point soon.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's not the Colts message board but it's the Colts. There's more to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY3zqn0yRD8

(01-12-2022, 04:54 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: It's not the Colts message board but it's the Colts. There's more to come

I didn't realize Jim Irsay was such a munchkin.

I have HBO max and the hard knocks finale is tonight. Got to watch those sad Colts
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-12-2022, 05:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 04:54 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: It's not the Colts message board but it's the Colts. There's more to come

I didn't realize Jim Irsay was such a munchkin.

Back in ‘39 I think he was an extra on The Wizard of Oz.  Part of the lollipop guild I think.

(01-12-2022, 07:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have HBO max and the hard knocks finale is tonight. Got to watch those sad Colts

I skipped through it this morning, and it was about the saddest thing ever.   From watching the film of their sideline during that game, they came out flat as hell.  And then after the game was over, so sad.  A lot of video of #23's mother and father watching from the stands.  So sad.  For them, of course, not for me, haha.  

They did have excellent high speed slo-mo video from ground level of Trevor's throw to Marvin Jones for the TD in the 3rd quarter.  

The difference in energy level between the two teams is very noticeable.

(01-13-2022, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 07:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have HBO max and the hard knocks finale is tonight. Got to watch those sad Colts

I skipped through it this morning, and it was about the saddest thing ever.   From watching the film of their sideline during that game, they came out flat as hell.  And then after the game was over, so sad.  A lot of video of #23's mother and father watching from the stands.  So sad.  For them, of course, not for me, haha.  

They did have excellent high speed slo-mo video from ground level of Trevor's throw to Marvin Jones for the TD in the 3rd quarter.  

The difference in energy level between the two teams is very noticeable.

Sweet, I gotta watch ASAP. Not as enjoyable as it would have beem if it had been the tacks we knocked out but good to get a division rival in any case. Schadenfreude I guess. Lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022, 11:48 AM by DTWD4∞. Edited 2 times in total.)

The Colts asst coaches on the sideline:

1st coach, "we've run 29 plays."
2nd coach, "mumble"
1st coach, "111 yards!"

I think that was in the 3rd quarter and he was full of despair