Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Over at the Colts message board

(01-13-2022, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/DCizzle25/status/148...21505?s=20

That's...just...beautiful.

I'm not crying!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2022, 11:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/DCizzle25/status/148...21505?s=20

I'm not crying!

I almost feel bad about it.

OK...no I don't.   Banana Banana Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm not crying!

Dang.  He went from a Valdosta State undrafted free agent to the Patriots practice squad to signing a 4 year $33 million contract with the Colts to being a pro bowler.

Great story but I sure as hell don't feel bad now.

Haha best play of the season. Awesome to see it from that perspective

The magnitude of the Jaguars season ending win over the Colts remains one of the biggest NFL stories.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/...40103?s=20

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022, 08:59 PM by Jag88.)

I saw reports that the colts are not committing to Wentz, but they dont "regret" getting him. Ouch

(01-13-2022, 12:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 11:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's...just...beautiful.

I'm not crying!
 The music though lmao

Love it

It's funny how they are acting like they are putting the loss on Wentz yet their oline got destroyed, Taylor couldn't do anything , and their WRs were getting locked down

I'm not crying!

I can and will watch that clip over and over...amazing touch on that pass from a rookie QB  No?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The main reason they couldn't do anything though is because their oline got dominated

(01-13-2022, 08:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I saw reports that the colts are not committing to Wentz, but they dont "regret" getting him. Ouch

The music though lmao

Love it

Yeah, sure they don't.  Jags brass didn't "regret" extending Bortles and signing Foles instead of paying the guys that deserved it either. Smile

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022, 06:25 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Wentz is pretty much being offered up as the sacrificial lamb. Which, in all honesty? Seems pretty fair. When you go back and look at the final four games he had? They were not good at all. With the only exception being Arizona. Where he managed a decent game overall.

However, he was terrible in crunch time against us and the Raiders. Those were the games they needed to win. He couldn't get it done. I just don't know what Irsay is expecting though. Between Reich and Ballard. Who are they going to replace Wentz with?

There's no rookies in this draft class that are going to push him. There's nobody really in the market that you could bring in. Bridgewater? Maybe. Cousins? If the Vikings find a way out of his contract with a new coach. Who else? Rodgers? For sure. If the Packers manage to lose him for whatever crazy reason. Watson? No chance.

I think Reich and Ballard should be under just as much scrutiny. The non committal part is disrespectful. You just brought Wentz onboard. It's not like he's been there for a few years. Reich, I said it in another thread earlier on. Somebody was singing his praises, etc. I kind of felt like he's pedestrian. He's not a bad coach. However, he's just kind of hovering around a bit. I was impressed that they beat Arizona and New England. But, to turn around and lose to the Raiders and then us? Man...

Poor man's Andy Reid is how I feel about him right now. 10-6, 7-9, 11-5 & 9-8. He's inconsistent as well as a coach.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 02:52 PM by Rockman1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

If you have HBO Max the last Hard Knocks episode featuring the Colts is must see TV. Watched last night and it is so satisfying to see their sideline during the game and after. Complete meltdowns.

It is so good! Seven Pro-bowlers and not one showed up.

(01-15-2022, 02:50 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: If you have HBO Max the last Hard Knocks episode featuring the Colts is must see TV.  Watched last night and it is so satisfying to see their sideline during the game and after.  It was so good!

I watched it and I like the fact that the Jags won the game and also managed to secure the number one draft spot. I didn't enjoy seeing the clots lose as much as I thought it would. Although they are a rival in the division and we've had good luck against them at home lately, they are not really hated like the stinking' tacks. I want to see the Jags do that to them a few times.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-14-2022, 06:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Wentz is pretty much being offered up as the sacrificial lamb. Which, in all honesty? Seems pretty fair. When you go back and look at the final four games he had? They were not good at all. With the only exception being Arizona. Where he managed a decent game overall.

However, he was terrible in crunch time against us and the Raiders. Those were the games they needed to win. He couldn't get it done. I just don't know what Irsay is expecting though. Between Reich and Ballard. Who are they going to replace Wentz with?

There's no rookies in this draft class that are going to push him. There's nobody really in the market that you could bring in. Bridgewater? Maybe. Cousins? If the Vikings find a way out of his contract with a new coach. Who else? Rodgers? For sure. If the Packers manage to lose him for whatever crazy reason. Watson? No chance.

I think Reich and Ballard should be under just as much scrutiny. The non committal part is disrespectful. You just brought Wentz onboard. It's not like he's been there for a few years. Reich, I said it in another thread earlier on. Somebody was singing his praises, etc. I kind of felt like he's pedestrian. He's not a bad coach. However, he's just kind of hovering around a bit. I was impressed that they beat Arizona and New England. But, to turn around and lose to the Raiders and then us? Man...

Poor man's Andy Reid is how I feel about him right now. 10-6, 7-9, 11-5 & 9-8. He's inconsistent as well as a coach.
Agreed with that last paragraph.  I think hes a decent coach but overrated by a few on here.  It's always funny when the few act like he was the main coaching reason the Eagles won the SB, lol.  Foles is even the one that went up to him and said "Philly", and he agreed.  Not to mention the Eagles defense is the biggest reason they went to and won the SB

"The main reason they couldn't do anything though is because their oline got dominated"

Colts fans have drank the kool aid their OL is so good. They aren't. Go put on the tape of both TN games and watch Simmons destroy that OL. The Jags DL is the best part of this team and they showed up in games like the Colts game and the Bills game.

When you're fanbase begins to realize how bad they are overpaying these OL for pretty mediocre returns you wind up being .500
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 10:11 PM by Rockman1966.)

(01-13-2022, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The main reason they couldn't do anything though is because their oline got dominated

As was the D-line.

(01-15-2022, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 06:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Wentz is pretty much being offered up as the sacrificial lamb. Which, in all honesty? Seems pretty fair. When you go back and look at the final four games he had? They were not good at all. With the only exception being Arizona. Where he managed a decent game overall.

Agreed with that last paragraph.  I think hes a decent coach but overrated by a few on here.  It's always funny when the few act like he was the main coaching reason the Eagles won the SB, lol.  Foles is even the one that went up to him and said "Philly", and he agreed.  Not to mention the Eagles defense is the biggest reason they went to and won the SB
The Pats didn't punt in that game..... Brady had 500 yards and 3 TDs. The defense is not the reason they won that game.

(01-18-2022, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed with that last paragraph.  I think hes a decent coach but overrated by a few on here.  It's always funny when the few act like he was the main coaching reason the Eagles won the SB, lol.  Foles is even the one that went up to him and said "Philly", and he agreed.  Not to mention the Eagles defense is the biggest reason they went to and won the SB
The Pats didn't punt in that game..... Brady had 500 yards and 3 TDs. The defense is not the reason they won that game.

Philly...Philly. 

If anything, it was Belichick's overall approach to the game and coaching decisions. While I don't agree that he threw this one from a coaching angle. Check out this breakdown on YouTube. Pretty interesting take on it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWZIGS10TU
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 10:33 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-18-2022, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed with that last paragraph.  I think hes a decent coach but overrated by a few on here.  It's always funny when the few act like he was the main coaching reason the Eagles won the SB, lol.  Foles is even the one that went up to him and said "Philly", and he agreed.  Not to mention the Eagles defense is the biggest reason they went to and won the SB

Im talking about the whole season.  It was the defense that carried that team and was the strength of that team. You talking about the GOAT and one game

(01-17-2022, 10:11 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The main reason they couldn't do anything though is because their oline got dominated

As was the D-line.

yes